HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:03 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2005
1,919 Posts
Ok so putting my Neu 4300 5s 25/50c
Using a FMA CellPro 10s w/ v2.24 firmware. Fan kicked on for a second when powered up and the screen said, “safe to connect charging w/ accurate charge”, chose chg. @ 1c

Once started charging, scrolling though, screen said, “1 pack charge lipo set @ 1c”, scrolling again, said, “Ch 1 lipo fast C”.

starting fuel gauge=47% / pack voltage=19.68v (for 5s)

starting v per cell
1) 3.914v
2) 3.914v
3) 3.914v
4) 3.914v
5) 3.914v

starting IR per cell
1) -- m & omega symbol
2) --
3) -- m & omega symbol
4) --
5) -- m & omega symbol

I assume on the screen that cells 2 & 4 probably don’t have the ‘m & omega symbol’ next to them because there isn’t room for them on the right of the numbers.

After about 24 min.’s all the V for the cells were still identical to each other but the IR readings were as follows;
1) 10.8 m & omega symbol
2) 11.4
3) 12.9 m & omega symbol
4) 12.7
5) 12.5 m & omega symbol

It took about 2 hours to charge at 1c to get to 99% according to the ‘fuel gauge’.

All 5 cells are at 4.204v, total 21.022v, 2,074mah back in.

But the IR are as follows;
1) 9.5
2) 9.0
3) 9.6
4) 9.6
5) 8.7

So w/ IR #’s that high, I guess the battery is toast, right? And will following any advise from the my lipo is dead thread help in a case like this?

Thanks, Bob
fly2bob is offline Find More Posts by fly2bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:12 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,190 Posts
I answered in your other thread. But, yes those IR values indicate a true C rating closer to 12c. When shopping for new packs, you might find this chart interesting.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=163
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,919 Posts
What I get from the chart is that there doesn't seem to be much difference between lipos labeled w/ a 25c rating and a 60c rating, except zippys and such. Too bad, I bought a 5s 5000 40c lipo to replace this one (the Neu 5s 4300 pk). Although I'm not going to be drawing 180 amps from it. My sys only pulls 90-100 amps. So 5 (A) * 40 (c) = 200. Even if it's less than that, say 30c, I should be ok to pull what I will be pulling on it. I just have to break it in and do some 1 minute motor runs to be able to calculate the proper run time and calculate the amount of mah's it takes to fully recharge it so I can then calculate how much run time I will have to not go below 80% depletion, and not fly til the LVC kicks in. Say do you have any idea when using a motocalc program such as;

http://www.brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp

if the 'full throttle duation' in min.'s takes into account the 80% rule, or is that until the pack is fully depleted?

Thanks,
Bob
Last edited by fly2bob; Dec 31, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:09 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob View Post
What I get from the chart is that there doesn't seem to be much difference between lipos labeled w/ a 25c rating and a 60c rating,
That is only the 25c Gens ACE. Check out the Revolectrix packs which are very price competitively priced against the other packs on that list.

I looked at that program and while it looks interesting, I suspect that many of the values would need to be estimated or guessed. I would rather get some real world test data from the model.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:31 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
That is only the 25c Gens ACE. Check out the Revolectrix packs which are very price competitively priced against the other packs on that list.

I looked at that program and while it looks interesting, I suspect that many of the values would need to be estimated or guessed. I would rather get some real world test data from the model.
In my post #273 I forgot to write that the 5s 5000 40c pk I bought was a Zippy.

When you say you looked at the program, I assume you are talking about the Diversity Model Aircraft motocalc program

http://www.brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp

Since my motor (a Neu 1510.5/1Y which has a 3250kv) isn't on the list, I used the Neu 1512/1.5D which has a kv of 3200. I figured it was close enough. Then I input the 6.7 gb, 16x10 folding prop, 5s 4300 lipo, C.C. 125 esc, which yielded 95 amps, and 2:43 full throttle run time. Again, do you think that is run time is til the pk is empty or do you think they take the 80% rule in account? I would think the former.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:52 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob View Post
Again, do you think that is run time is til the pk is empty or do you think they take the 80% rule in account? I would think the former.
No idea, you'd have to contact the author to find out. If it was done correctly it would have used 80% or better yet provide a variable amount as some modelers prefer to use discharge to either higher or lower numbers.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:39 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Can anyone give me the size specs for the fan inside the 10XP case? Mine has been crapping out for quite some time (actually started ~2mo after purchasing the charger) and now rarely works even under a heavy load. Seems like the bushing went out.

Is this something I can relatively easily replace myself or should the charger be sent back into FMA? Thanks
needknees is offline Find More Posts by needknees
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:45 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,919 Posts
If it's under warranty-send it back, if not DIY depending on how handy you are at such things. If it's not under warranty, you could open it up to measure it. Then you could see if the fan plugs in a board or is soldered. If soldered you could just clip the wires (but mark them first) and take the fan out yourself (since it doesn't work anyway) and take it to a place that sells such fans and match one up. If it's not in the manual I doubt the average person would know the spec's on the fan. Maybe it's best to call FMA and ask them if you feel you need to know before going to look for one.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:17 PM
United States, CA, Placerville
Joined Feb 2006
645 Posts
The fan on the 10XP is easily replaced, 4 bolts hold it to the top panel, 4 screws hold the top panel in place. The fan plugs into the main circuit board. Just make sure you route the wires like they were originally to keep the fan power wires from hitting the fan.

Don
DonA is offline Find More Posts by DonA
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:08 AM
Pullin' G's Man
Ossining, NY
Joined Dec 2005
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by needknees View Post
Can anyone give me the size specs for the fan inside the 10XP case? Mine has been crapping out for quite some time (actually started ~2mo after purchasing the charger) and now rarely works even under a heavy load. Seems like the bushing went out.

Is this something I can relatively easily replace myself or should the charger be sent back into FMA? Thanks
Use this.

Excellent fan, of which I have installed 3 or 4. The stock ones in the charger are crap. If you send it in for warranty they'll probably replace it with the same crap fan.

Bob
cmoulder is offline Find More Posts by cmoulder
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:35 PM
Techno-geek of DOOM!!
United States, CT, Ledyard
Joined Nov 2010
30 Posts
hey guys just got myself a cellpro 10xp after my trusty accucell 6 finally crapped oout after close to 6 years of horrid abuse and use, and i must say it is rather nice if not a bit of a curve to learn to use but anyway i just noticed today that the lcd has a couple line that seem to be faded compared to the rest of the display. is this a known defect or issue or am i just seeing things/did something/being stupid here?
Mechcondrid is offline Find More Posts by Mechcondrid
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:40 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,919 Posts
Prolly not the latter. I doubt it's common. If you just bought it, you should prolly use the warranty card to send it to FMA or talk to the distributor and exchange it.
Last edited by fly2bob; Jan 21, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:42 PM
Techno-geek of DOOM!!
Joined Nov 2010
30 Posts
well i'm just asking because i can see it fine it just those two lines are a bit faded (like the two lines are at 50 or 40% contrast while the rest is 60%)
everything else is perfectly functional and fine it's just a quirk as far as i am concerned
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:44 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechcondrid View Post
hey guys just got myself a cellpro 10xp after my trusty accucell 6 finally crapped oout after close to 6 years of horrid abuse and use, and i must say it is rather nice if not a bit of a curve to learn to use but anyway i just noticed today that the lcd has a couple line that seem to be faded compared to the rest of the display. is this a known defect or issue or am i just seeing things/did something/being stupid here?
the lcd has a couple line that seem to be faded compared to the rest of the display

That is a bit hard to visualize as the display is only a two line display.
Could your elaborate a bit? A good picture would be helpful too.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:46 PM
Techno-geek of DOOM!!
Joined Nov 2010
30 Posts
i dont mean character lines i mean pixel lines