HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:11 AM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2011
572 Posts
Getting bad s count channel 1 only on my 2s packs in either single pack or dual pack mode. Everything else on 3s works just fine. Any help would be appreciated
racerboy65 is online now Find More Posts by racerboy65
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:14 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerboy65 View Post
Getting bad s count channel 1 only on my 2s packs in either single pack or dual pack mode. Everything else on 3s works just fine. Any help would be appreciated
Hi:

If 3s always works, but 2s doesn't, sounds like a connector issue to me. Try some spray contact cleaner on all your balance connectors. Get down in there with a toothbrush. Clean all your connector contacts.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Sep 2011
572 Posts
Cleaned everything up. It appears to be one of the boards. I switche them around and the other works. Tim is there a warranty on the boards?
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:09 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Hi:

Call Howard Matos at (301) 829-5533 or email howard@fmadirect.com

He'll help you figure out where to go from here.

Tim Marks
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:58 AM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,040 Posts
FYI - If you are using any of the FMA adapter board with 2 pigtails (that would connect to Channel 1 and Channel 2 of the charger) (Cellpro 10XP), only connect the channel 1 pigtail (RJ1) to the charger for 2S - 5S packs. If you connect both pigtails for 2S - 5S packs, you will get the bad cell count error. The channel 2 pigtail (RJ2) is only connected for 6S packs.
Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:02 AM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Cleaned everything up. It appears to be one of the boards. I switche them around and the other works. Tim is there a warranty on the boards?
Hi,

Sounds like it is probably a open trace between the connectors on the bottom of the board. You can cut the shrink on the board to verify this. If the trace is open and not damaged too bad, I can reattach a trace to make the board well again. Let me know, thanks.

howard@fmadirect.com
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Sep 2011
572 Posts
Howard

Did u get my email?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:30 AM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Howard

Did u get my email?
Hi,

I received your email this morning and responded to it. It is an open trace. Let me know if you would like me to repair this for you, thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:28 PM
AJD
Joined Jun 2006
21 Posts
Charging Cellpro 10XP
Charger works well I am charging A123 6SU @8.0 amps using Preset 7
Unit displays all parameters ( volts,amps and mah ) while charging but when unit completes charge it reverts to the top screen and there is no way to find out the ammount of charge put into the battery similiar to the Cellpro4 and 10's

Am I missing something? Can the read out be changed using the computer connection?
AJD is offline Find More Posts by AJD
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:40 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD View Post
Charging Cellpro 10XP
Charger works well I am charging A123 6SU @8.0 amps using Preset 7
Unit displays all parameters ( volts,amps and mah ) while charging but when unit completes charge it reverts to the top screen and there is no way to find out the ammount of charge put into the battery similiar to the Cellpro4 and 10's

Am I missing something? Can the read out be changed using the computer connection?
Hi:

Please read point 5 on page 20 of the user guide. This is about the best description there is of how the charger reacts when it finishes charging, and when you end the charge session. You should be able to view all data until you end the session. A session should not end until you press and hold the START/STOP button for 1 second. Press the MODE button to cycle through the data screens even after the LCD says "DONE".

http://revolectrix.com/support_docs/item_1375.pdf

Hope this helps!

Tim Marks
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:22 PM
AJD
Joined Jun 2006
21 Posts
Response to Post 234 and 235

Tim
Many thanks for the prompt response to my post. Read manual reference provided. Understand the working of Stop/Start/Mode buttons and relationship to access the logged data and to delete data with stop/start.

Raised the question of data access after charging at my local flying field this AM. Two 10XP users were emphatic that mode switch gave access to charge data after completion of charge.

We ran a test on another 10XP unit (Not unit originally reported.) Software V1.1.9
Preset 7 A123 4S unbalanced. Surprise!!! Surprise!!!
On completion of charge the unit reverted to the original Preset 7 start menu. and logged data was nor available. Note on completion of charge unit went to the start menu not the "A123 Done "display that would normally be available

Suggest you run a test of a Preset 7 configuration charge. I think you will find a software error issue related to the display switching after completion of the charge.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:44 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,595 Posts
CellPro 10XP Firmware V1.19

I do not have a 4S A123 but I do have a 2S.
So, Preset 7- A123, 2sU, 7.30V, 4.7A

The pack charged normally and when complete the charger reported "DONE".
At this point I was able, via the MODE button, to access all the data screens.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:01 PM
AJD
Joined Jun 2006
21 Posts
[QUOTE=ggcrandall1;22302214]CellPro 10XP Firmware V1.19

I do not have a 4S A123 but I do have a 2S.
So, Preset 7- A123, 2sU, 7.30V, 4.7A

The pack charged normally and when complete the charger reported "DONE".
At this point I was able, via the MODE button, to access all the data screens.

Glen Hopefully it is only a software update that is required. What version of the software are you using?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:11 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,595 Posts
As per my post, V1.19. To the best of my knowledge this is the latest firmware.

Question: When your pack terminated did you get a message something like this:

A123 < 2.7V/Cell
Push Mode button

which would indicate low voltage on the pack.

or:

A123 > 3.8V/Cell
Push Mode Button

which would indicate high voltage on the pack.

In either case I think the charger would be telling you you have a bad pack.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:08 PM
AJD
Joined Jun 2006
21 Posts
Inability to read charge log after charging.

Posts 234/236 and 237 discuss a problem where charging a single A123 pack results in the charger going to the original top charging menu after completion of the charge. This resets the charge log whch is now unavailable. The charger should go to the normal "A123 done " screen which would allow the charging log to be reviewed.

Further testing has shown with a single 12Volt supply battery and using Preset 7 A123 pack 6SU configuration charger will charge normally and go to the "Done" screen with charge data available up to a charging current of 7.5 amps. Above 7.5 amps the charger will go to the original top menu and charge data is not available.

With 2 only 12 volt supply batteries in series charger will charge correcty at 9.0 amps and go to "done " screen with data recovery. Have not evaluated higher charge rates.

Moral of the story is that with larger packs it is advantageous to use higher supply voltages.