HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:03 PM
keep on spinning!
Fort Lauderdale,Florida USA
Joined May 2010
131 Posts
Learning curve

I think they put out the stryker first so everyone can get used to the speed and feel of it. (jet training) Next could be the edfs, as we will be ready for them, perhaps for a late fall release etc..
N212LA is offline Find More Posts by N212LA
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:04 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2006
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
LOL! Good luck with that man! I'll be super impressed if they accomodate your request.
My Hobbytown was cool with giving me refund on the first price reduction about 2 weeks after u bought plane
bladefan is offline Find More Posts by bladefan
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:10 PM
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Sep 2010
316 Posts
Wow, this is fantastic! My wife will kill me if I get this one. I may have to sacrifice some of my other micro planes to appease her.
fryfrog is offline Find More Posts by fryfrog
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:25 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
LAME! I JUST bought mine 2 weeks ago!!!!

I am going to call Hobbytown and see if they can price match it. I hope they can, I'll just put the money down on this!!! lol
I asked them, and they said it is a special "Sidewalk sale" And not a permanent price, so they couldn't do a price match Seems like bull to me.... I JUST bought it!!!!
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:29 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
I asked them, and they said it is a special "Sidewalk sale" And not a permanent price, so they couldn't do a price match Seems like bull to me.... I JUST bought it!!!!
Sounds like crap to me. Doesn't say anything on horizons site about a sale
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:42 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
You can't blame your local hobby shop for that, they didn't get them any cheaper than normal. Blame HH for boneing everyone on the price for the last year.
edge_pilot is online now Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:48 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N212LA View Post
I think they put out the stryker first so everyone can get used to the speed and feel of it. (jet training) Next could be the edfs, as we will be ready for them, perhaps for a late fall release etc..
Haha... I like your theory but sadly, an EDF on the same battery/power level will be slower than a pusher prop plane.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:49 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
Sounds like crap to me. Doesn't say anything on horizons site about a sale
I just emailed http://www.snhobbies.com/ and asked them for a price update and they updated the price after they got word from HH so I placed an order. Never used them before but they matched the pricing so that was nice sign. They expect the Stryker in late Aug.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:51 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_pilot View Post
You can't blame your local hobby shop for that, they didn't get them any cheaper than normal. Blame HH for boneing everyone on the price for the last year.
I paid 170 bucks for mine when it came out. Did I think that was high? Yes I did. Did I get my moneys worth out of it? Yes I did and more. I don't really feel like I was boned because I bought it when it first came out. I may not agree with the high pricing at the start, but I am also not willing to wait a year for the prices to come down, especially if its something that I really want.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:02 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
I paid 170 bucks for mine when it came out. Did I think that was high? Yes I did. Did I get my moneys worth out of it? Yes I did and more. I don't really feel like I was boned because I bought it when it first came out. I may not agree with the high pricing at the start, but I am also not willing to wait a year for the prices to come down, especially if its something that I really want.
I agree. This is marketing 101 really. Prices are almost always higher on the initial launch than where the end up settling a year or so down the road. It's just the way the system works - supply and demand. If it's overpriced then people won't buy it. People obviously bought them. Sales are declining (most likely due to more recent product offerings) so the price drops.

We can bitch all we want but it's just simple economics based on our own behavior!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:07 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_pilot View Post
That is peculiar way to look at it You are only boned if you bone yoruself buying it. Nobody forces you to purchase these planes. Just my opinion though. It has been like that for a long long long time. Prices go up...prices go down. Computers especially. Buy a good video card,,,2 months a better one comes out around the same price. Who is to blame?

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:09 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
I completely understand your point of view... but when the price difference is almost 30% and after only 2 weeks it feels very much so like you just got "boned"
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:11 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
That is peculiar way to look at it You are only boned if you bone yoruself buying it. Nobody forces you to purchase these planes. Just my opinion though. It has been like that for a long long long time. Prices go up...prices go down. Computers especially. Buy a good video card,,,2 months a better one comes out around the same price. Who is to blame?

J
This may be true... but most stores have a policy where if within 30 DAYS you can get a refund if the item is lower somewhere else. I feel this has become pretty standard really.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:18 PM
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Sep 2010
316 Posts
I made a Facebook Page for this airplane at https://www.facebook.com/pages/ParkZ...54475921294916 though I usually only make pages for airplanes I have so that I can @mention them. This one was so awesome, I figured I should just go ahead and make one anyway.

Edit: Once it has 25+ fans, I'll get it a more awesome URL
fryfrog is offline Find More Posts by fryfrog
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:22 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
Mostly I was trying to get the point across that the hobby shop make the same 30 or 40% on the model. If suddenly HH drops there price and the hobby shop sold you one last week they are not to blame, nor can they afford to give your money back they bought them at full price minus there normal discount. I hope you understand were I am coming from.
edge_pilot is online now Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!