Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
I like Chucks video better!
It's more realistic to me.

Ridgewalker
Think this video is more the 1-4 minute "cat at the piano" video another poster was looking for, all fluff and no real world specifics with flying done by a master pilot and edited to cut out the mistakes.

Both have a place but I prefer Chuck's approach.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:55 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,572 Posts
Hey RG,

Are we spoiled or what?!?!?!??

Insane on max throws!

Can't wait!!!

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:55 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Suddenly hit me... Why didn't they put the servos on top instead of under (I still worry a bit about the horns being damaged on landings).
They do this on all the UM, I assume for looks so you don't have the wires running over the top and maybe to keep the weight lower.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:57 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
not bad! never been a fan of this plane - but im glad its out, as it means a um edf is right around the corner.
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Jul 2011
84 Posts
After many, many years away from R/C, I bought a PZ UM P-51, and have been enjoying it in my backyard. After knocking the rust off of my thumbs, it became clear, I needed something more zippy than the P-51. I've been seriously looking for something more aerobatic, and a step up from the 'stang. After seeing the new Stryker 180, my mind is made up. I'm getting the UMX Beast. The Stryker is cool, but I want something that looks more airplane like. It was fun waiting to see the reveal this week.

Since I'm currently just using the stock controller on my P-51 set at high rate, I want a DX6i as well. I don't want to mess around with setting up the DX61 and the Stryker. I'm beyond fiddling, and just want to fly.

I'm off to the LHS in about 30 minutes to hopefully grab a Beast and D6.

Tim
Tim13 is offline Find More Posts by Tim13
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:13 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim13 View Post
After many, many years away from R/C, I bought a PZ UM P-51, and have been enjoying it in my backyard. After knocking the rust off of my thumbs, it became clear, I needed something more zippy than the P-51. I've been seriously looking for something more aerobatic, and a step up from the 'stang. After seeing the new Stryker 180, my mind is made up. I'm getting the UMX Beast. The Stryker is cool, but I want something that looks more airplane like. It was fun waiting to see the reveal this week.

Since I'm currently just using the stock controller on my P-51 set at high rate, I want a DX6i as well. I don't want to mess around with setting up the DX61 and the Stryker. I'm beyond fiddling, and just want to fly.

Tim
Beast price just dropped to $99 as well.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:13 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
I like Chucks video better!
It's more realistic to me.

Ridgewalker
I said it already, I also like Chuck's video better as well!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:21 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Hey RG,

Are we spoiled or what?!?!?!??

Insane on max throws!

Can't wait!!!

rc
Well, ask my wallet if I like being spoiled! Oh well, peanut butter sandwiches for a few weeks again! Now, I'm wondering if I'll still want to fly my full size Stryker Q as often though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
They do this on all the UM, I assume for looks so you don't have the wires running over the top and maybe to keep the weight lower.
They are on top on the original Stryker so look wise, it would have been ok. Remember, if you don't do elevator landings, you can slide for a while, and strong grass could be a problem. And if we can do elevator landings, then, it could also be a problem. But I'm sure they tried it and were not happy with servos on top. So, I'm sure I'll like it too I guess. Still curious to find out of they are the typical thin horns or slightly thicker. Chuck?
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:00 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
Beast price just dropped to $99 as well.
LAME! I JUST bought mine 2 weeks ago!!!!

I am going to call Hobbytown and see if they can price match it. I hope they can, I'll just put the money down on this!!! lol
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:02 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,911 Posts
Beast down to $99...just might have to pick one of those up at that price!

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:22 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I have 4 hyp 180's..I bet these will run just as long as the stock 200.....just a guess. What do you think? Wonder if I should get a couple 240's.
I bet you're right. The Hyperions seem far superior to the stock batteries (and have been tested to prove it).

I plan to try both and see what happens. I'm sure we won't be disappointed!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:25 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim13 View Post

Tim
I certainly don't think you can wrong at all with the Beast. It is absolutely one of my favorite planes for sure and it's a beauty to watch in the air!

Eventually, you'll want to get some Hyperion batteries as the stock batteries just aren't up to par. But either way, I think you're going to have a blast with the Beast. Just be careful - it's WAY faster and WAY twitchier than the UM P51 so start out on the published low rates and expo until you get a feel for her.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:27 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
LAME! I JUST bought mine 2 weeks ago!!!!

I am going to call Hobbytown and see if they can price match it. I hope they can, I'll just put the money down on this!!! lol
LOL! Good luck with that man! I'll be super impressed if they accomodate your request.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:32 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,572 Posts
[QUOTE=RealGambler;18887173]Well, ask my wallet if I like being spoiled! Oh well, peanut butter sandwiches for a few weeks again! Now, I'm wondering if I'll still want to fly my full size Stryker Q as often though....

RG,

I've heard that people do very well on one kidney!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=731

rc

pssssssss. http://www.comprehensive-kidney-fact...ne-kidney.html
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:43 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Beast down to $99? What a great price and brushless. Just as much as the polecat lol I want the stryker, but also the beast. Can't have both. AHHHH
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten