HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:11 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
It's their third, actually. You been living under a rock?? Sorry... couldn't resist.
"Can switching to.....really save you 15% or more on car......?

Need some doppler passes on this micro .
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:33 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
I love this little plane ,I flew today and had a blast .I playd with the rates and full rates are best for me .My 11 x has three rate settings .
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:38 PM
Joined May 2006
178 Posts
I picked mine up today, but I haven't flown it yet. For that matter, I haven't flown my Sbach yet, either. Gonna try and get at least one of them up in the air tomorrow, maybe both.

I'm a little scared of 'em, so wish me luck.

(As a side note, this is a GORGEOUS little plane! Parkzone outdid themselves this time, methinks!)
David McAfee is offline Find More Posts by David McAfee
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:40 PM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisecat View Post
Hmmm.....
I think we're all getting spoiled by the speed and responsiveness of these things. Fly these UMX's for a while then go back to your P-51/T-28/or SU-XP and you'll prob be like........ "Umm, this is boring......."

I do love those other planes, but boy, the speed of these things is addicting!
Well, I even after closing in on near 100 flights on my beast, I do still love my UM T-28 and my scale planes. I appreciate how well they handle in the air and act more scale-like.

I love the beast but lets get one thing straight, it's unrealistic I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love both UM and UMX planes. I love how cool the warbirds look when flown scale-like and I love how much adrenaline the UMX planes can give you. Even at almost 100 flights, I still get a rush the entire time the beast is flown. The beast never bores
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:44 PM
Joined Jun 2008
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
It's their third, actually. You been living under a rock?? Sorry... couldn't resist.
Actually it is their first, since the Beast and Sbach are Eflite, not Parkzone no?
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:45 PM
Joined Jun 2008
678 Posts
So do you guys think the 180 hyp's are ok in this bird? No damage issues with the lipo?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:48 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
So I guess nobody has had any issues with only 1 rudder working eh? I guess I am going to have to contact hh. man this is the one thing that I hate about ordering online.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:19 PM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
So I guess nobody has had any issues with only 1 rudder working eh? I guess I am going to have to contact hh. man this is the one thing that I hate about ordering online.
Well check the brick again and push the sevrvo plugs in real good.I knocked one out switching the plugs around for dx6i and mine didnt work either.

Crash
crashdumby is offline Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:32 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Got home and checked COG and mine with 180 hyperion all the way back is level. I won't be needing to take off the wheel or rip foam lol. Pretty psyched to fly, but a little too windy tonight. Man the beast looks really nice...that will be my next purchase.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:32 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Bring her straight up and max power and quickly do FULL DOWN and FULL RIGHT Rudder and FULL Left Aileron and no power. (yes cross controls) Watch it spin like a falling leaf and about as fast.

For batteries you can use two HobbyKing MCPX 300mah Nano's with custom RC Connectors.com for a 2 cell setup and they ROCK.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...lade_mCPx.html
I those are really 35C, they'd ROCK! Nice to have 300mAh too.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:36 PM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Feb 2006
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster433 View Post
Has anyone tried programming airbrakes?
Got it figured out!

I programmed a switch on the transmitter to activate/deactivate brakes. I mixed the brakes with power so above half power there are no brakes and at zero power they are out full. It will stop the airplane almost immediately.

You have to remove the factory Y harness on the stock rudders. from there its pretty straight forward

I'm impressed with the speed and handling. Its a little rocket! Much faster than my beast. I don't have problems flying it but it looks like something that can get out of control quick for a novice.

To me the speed (scaled?) and roll rate/handling is exactly like the F-27q big brother
Rooster433 is offline Find More Posts by Rooster433
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:36 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyafan1975 View Post
Actually it is their first, since the Beast and Sbach are Eflite, not Parkzone no?
Yes, yes... you are entirely correct. I thought I could get away with a "funny" but you caught me. Thanks so much...
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:43 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,287 Posts
I flew mine tonight with the corrected CG and it really makes a big difference. This time its heading stayed true, even in the high winds I was flying in. In fact the winds were so high it wasn't any fun. The little plane was simply swept away in cross-wind turns and vertical maneuvers. I could go upwind fairly slow and downwind really really fast. All the while it was rocking and bouncing. So I just flew one pack and went home.

But it was interesting to see that this 2.6oz plane has the power and authority to handle that level of wind. I swear it was 20 to 25 mph... I had to brace myself against it. And you couldn't just set the Stryker on the ground. It would be blown away in a flash. Blackbirds chased it again, or tried anyway. I had to fly fast enough that they really didn't have a prayer of keeping up.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:46 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster433 View Post
To me the speed (scaled?) and roll rate/handling is exactly like the F-27q big brother
As I said before, I find the roll rate to be much slower than the Sbach or even the Beast. If you look at the ratio of aileron control surface to wing surface it isn't surprising. The Sbach has way higher percentage ailerons than the Stryker.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:47 PM
Joined Jun 2008
678 Posts
Any info on using the 180mah 20 c with this bird?
RCG Plus Member