SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:49 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyafan1975 View Post
Picked up a few of them today as you can see below........hah j/k, but I did get mine and can't wait to maiden it. My buddy at the shop opened one up and flew it out back and it was pretty impressive, quick little thing. It's smaller than I thought, small box too which is good. Now I'm wondering if my 180mah babbel packs will work with this, you think?
That picture just wasn't fair for all of us still waiting to get our hands on one of these

John
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:52 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
and i'm having a break at the moment do you how many vids i've made in the past month hahaha

on the Canada ones there is a couple of great vids around at the moment just showing what a beautiful place Canada is, one is in the beast thread the other in the Stinson Reliant thread, well worth a look just for the peace and tranquility

ah what the heck "Off Topic" but worth a look

cheers chuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaRE9Q14jjI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8fqW-R9Rww
OT but some beautiful videos... and by the way I know you have been making a lot of videos lately and I am sure that I am not the only one that appreciates it.

John
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:57 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Maidened mine tonight. I liked it but wasn't blown away to be honest. Before I go further - this is most likely due to me not knowing exactly what to do with the thing! This is my first flying wing.

Anyway - it was fast and very well behaved. Maybe slightly nose heavy but it didn't bother me.

I guess my net takeaway is that it's almost as fast as my Sbach with a 5053 prop and it rolls slower than both my Beast and Sbach (I was on high rates - 100%). So I wasn't blown away.

I couldn't knife edge. How do you dp this with a fixed wing??

Don't get me wrong - I had fun and it was definitely cool and very different. I need to keep playing and exploring. If I can learn flat spins and some other stuff I'd surely enjoy it more.

Any tips?
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:58 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
just hope I don't run into the black bear and cubs, don't think she is as friendly as the deer.
If you don't get between her and her cubs, you should be fine. BROWN bear... now THEY scare me. I've been dealing with black bear all my life and they're scardy-cats except when they think you might be hassling their young.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:01 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing View Post
See post #649
Awesome. Thanks Ben. If I dnt want to go inverted doi just do full right aileron and full left rudder?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:11 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
it rolls slower than both my Beast and Sbach (I was on high rates - 100%). So I wasn't blown away.
Yeah... weird, huh? The Sbach rolls like it's in a drill and the Beast is not far behind. The Stryker just doesn't compare to either even though I've got the 10-12mm deflection the manual recommends. Lots of fun, though.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:15 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Yea - I think that was my biggest shocker.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:18 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Anyone else have issues with only one rudder working? I switched the bottom 2 servos on the board for my dx6i to work. Then switched aileron in the TX to be reversed and turned on elevon. Elevon seems to be working great but only 1 rudder is moving, if looking at it from behind the plane, its the left rudder that actually moves.

Also note, I didnt even bind mine till I had already switched the servos. So I dont know if that makes a difference but I thought I would mention it.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Last edited by DoomsDay; Aug 19, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:47 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Maidened mine tonight. I liked it but wasn't blown away to be honest. Before I go further - this is most likely due to me not knowing exactly what to do with the thing! This is my first flying wing.

Anyway - it was fast and very well behaved. Maybe slightly nose heavy but it didn't bother me.

I guess my net takeaway is that it's almost as fast as my Sbach with a 5053 prop and it rolls slower than both my Beast and Sbach (I was on high rates - 100%). So I wasn't blown away.
I couldn't knife edge. How do you dp this with a fixed wing??

Don't get me wrong - I had fun and it was definitely cool and very different. I need to keep playing and exploring. If I can learn flat spins and some other stuff I'd surely enjoy it more.

Any tips?
Slower than the UMX sbach? Thought this was "clean" stryker.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:50 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,289 Posts
Just got mine...haven't maidened...seemed almost spot on with 180 hyp all the way back. I agree with the others, that it seems a little nose heavy. Maybe removing the useless wheel will offset weight. Looks great! I almost bought the beast as well until I opened the box, and there were all these bubbles on the decals....It was their only one. They offered a discount, but I don't like it like that. Anyway, can't wait to maiden!

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:54 PM
burn the envelope dont push it
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
Finally Parkzone makes a brushless ultra micro
pkznpilot is offline Find More Posts by pkznpilot
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:01 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Just got mine...haven't maidened...seemed almost spot on with 180 hyp all the way back. I agree with the others, that it seems a little nose heavy. Maybe removing the useless wheel will offset weight. Looks great! I almost bought the beast as well until I opened the box, and there were all these bubbles on the decals....It was their only one. They offered a discount, but I don't like it like that. Anyway, can't wait to maiden!

J
They all have bubbles...
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:02 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkznpilot View Post
Finally Parkzone makes a brushless ultra micro
It's their third, actually. You been living under a rock?? Sorry... couldn't resist.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:08 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Slower than the UMX sbach? Thought this was "clean" stryker.
Yep! I was surprised by this. it's noticeably slower.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:10 PM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,400 Posts
Quote:

Any tips?
Bring her straight up and max power and quickly do FULL DOWN and FULL RIGHT Rudder and FULL Left Aileron and no power. (yes cross controls) Watch it spin like a falling leaf and about as fast.

For batteries you can use two HobbyKing MCPX 300mah Nano's with custom RC Connectors.com for a 2 cell setup and they ROCK.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...lade_mCPx.html
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr