SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:47 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Yeah, but mine is nose heavy and I finally have the CG tuned just right. What packs do you suggest and how does their weight differ?
I use Hyperion 240mAh's. I don't have any of the E-flights to compare. But the Hyperions weigh 16 3/4 grams. with wires and a little Velcro tab.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:58 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
Looking at my prop, it seems to be angled to give down thrust at the rear. I wonder if this is correct as it would give the symptom of pitching up at speed.
Down thrust will cause it to pitch down (or at least limit any ballooning) under power.
This is because the thrust is delivered behind the CoG causing it to rotate downwards.

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:37 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,206 Posts
Tony, the top of the prop is nearer to the front of the aircraft than the bottom meaning it is blowing up a bit. This should force the tail down and the nose up when power is applied which is what I'm seeing. I haven't had a chance to fly it since programming the throttle to down elevator mix but if my thrust angle is wrong then I naturally would like to fix that first.
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:16 PM
wing dragon/typhoon 3d
Joined Sep 2005
29 Posts
I bought a stryker 180 at my LHS for $65. While setting up the plane I realized that either the motor or esc is messed up. The prop spins slowly in a weird twitchy way Hopefully my LHS will make it right but if they don't, has anyone else ever had this problem? Is Parkzone customer service good? I have a feeling I'm going to have to spend money to ship it to them so they fix it.
gopeder111 is offline Find More Posts by gopeder111
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:22 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,053 Posts
This may be too simple, but Is the lipo fully charged? They can go flat while setting up planes if they haven't been charged.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:40 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopeder111 View Post
Is Parkzone customer service good? I have a feeling I'm going to have to spend money to ship it to them so they fix it.
I think HorizonHobby Customer Service is GREAT!! If I've had a problem with a servo or motor they simply sent me a brand new one! My full-size Stryker I had to send the motor & ESC to them and they sent me a brand new motor & ESC right back. I've never had any problems with their service, good luck.
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Last edited by rcoconut; Feb 17, 2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:00 PM
wing dragon/typhoon 3d
Joined Sep 2005
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
This may be too simple, but Is the lipo fully charged? They can go flat while setting up planes if they haven't been charged.
Yes, it was fully charged.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:40 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,916 Posts
Quote:
I bought a stryker 180 at my LHS for $65. While setting up the plane I realized that either the motor or esc is messed up. The prop spins slowly in a weird twitchy way Hopefully my LHS will make it right but if they don't, has anyone else ever had this problem? Is Parkzone customer service good? I have a feeling I'm going to have to spend money to ship it to them so they fix it.
sounds like a loose motor connector
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:00 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Hands down the best customer service I have ever seen. Contact your LHS first, and if they give you grief contact parkzone/horizon. They will make it right for you.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:28 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
Tony, the top of the prop is nearer to the front of the aircraft than the bottom meaning it is blowing up a bit. This should force the tail down and the nose up when power is applied which is what I'm seeing. I haven't had a chance to fly it since programming the throttle to down elevator mix but if my thrust angle is wrong then I naturally would like to fix that first.
Sorry my bad!
Thought you meant the prop was blowing downwards. These pushers get me all confused...

Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:48 AM
meridian, idaho
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Picked one of these up after seeing the ridiculously low price drop. I've read enough pages of the thread to get a 4040 prop and some legit batteries on order. Can't wait for the accessories to show up so I can get her maidened. I think I will spend some more time on the thread pages just to get some flying hints & tricks figured out.
overthebars is offline Find More Posts by overthebars
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:55 AM
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Sorry my bad!
Thought you meant the prop was blowing downwards. These pushers get me all confused...
I thought so - they make all the usual terminology useless!

Do you think I should shim it a bit? If so, what angle are they normally at? I would imagine the exact opposite of mine ..
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:04 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,665 Posts
Yeah, I'd adjust that.

A slight bit of up thrust might be ok but try flat first
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:17 AM
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,206 Posts
Wilco. Should be able to get a test flight in tomorrow and will report back.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:06 PM
wing dragon/typhoon 3d
Joined Sep 2005
29 Posts
My LHS is getting a new shipment on Weds. so they will replace it then. I also bought a Dx6i on ebay to go with this plane but I read it has problems with elevon mixing after I bought it. Is this going to be a major problem with the stryker? Does anyone use a dx6i with theirs?