HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:21 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
best fastest prop is what ? (i dont wanna read all the prop posts )

I finally broke my stock prop
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:03 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post

In my experience (on the UMX Stryker, not a larger wing) the 4040. Seems like it will go 60! I'm sure not, but it sure feels like it.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:01 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
How does this fly in wind compared to an sbach as3x? Also, can this slow down like an sbach?

I was about to get the sbach as3x to replace my beast as3x (because the beast, while an awesome flyer, is a pain to fix) and was thinking of getting this instead of the sbach.
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:13 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
How does this fly in wind compared to an sbach as3x? Also, can this slow down like an sbach?

I was about to get the sbach as3x to replace my beast as3x (because the beast, while an awesome flyer, is a pain to fix) and was thinking of getting this instead of the sbach.
This is a personal opinion, so your milleage may vary....

I own the Stryker and original Sbach. The Stryker is great in the wind, but my feeling is: the Sbach 3D (AS3X) is probably better (remember, I don't own one).

The Stryker can be flown very slow (harrier style). You can go a little slower with a Sbach but there's not much difference.

My feeling is: If you loved the Beast, get another one! If you loved the Beast in the wind, then, you'll love the Sbach. But if you want a totally different animal, the Stryker is a blast! I love the fact that it's not "another" typical airplane. It's much faster, the box is ultra small, so you can always bring it with you, even as a backup airplane. So, overall, it's a tough call, and you're probably the only one who can decide, based on your actual hangar... No matter what, I don't think you can be wrong with any of those two airplanes.

If you want to see how slow the Stryker is, check this video at 1:46 and 2:26. That's not a full harrier, and already, it's pretty slow.

Ultra-micro Stryker 180 upright boomerang landings. (3 min 37 sec)
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:00 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
This is a personal opinion, so your milleage may vary....

I own the Stryker and original Sbach. The Stryker is great in the wind, but my feeling is: the Sbach 3D (AS3X) is probably better (remember, I don't own one).

The Stryker can be flown very slow (harrier style). You can go a little slower with a Sbach but there's not much difference.

My feeling is: If you loved the Beast, get another one! If you loved the Beast in the wind, then, you'll love the Sbach. But if you want a totally different animal, the Stryker is a blast! I love the fact that it's not "another" typical airplane. It's much faster, the box is ultra small, so you can always bring it with you, even as a backup airplane. So, overall, it's a tough call, and you're probably the only one who can decide, based on your actual hangar... No matter what, I don't think you can be wrong with any of those two airplanes.

If you want to see how slow the Stryker is, check this video at 1:46 and 2:26. That's not a full harrier, and already, it's pretty slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGanUwoigs
Thanks for the reply, how's the durability between the two?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:06 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
stryker wins on that,,,,imo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:08 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post

Hay I found a 4530 prop ( at least thats what I think it is , hard to see #'s )

Its already on and ready to go.

Seems like it gonna have more gitty up
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:38 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,000 Posts
Quote:

You've already got a pretty good answer, but just another 2 cents worth. I find the um stryker better in the wind (breeze,10-15-don't really care to fly in wind)?? than the sbach as3x. And it can slow down better than the Sbach, is much much more durable and probably faster. But it flies completely different, so you may or may not like it because of that. Not your normal 3d plane.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:51 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, how's the durability between the two?
If you nose it in, it will break just in front of the wing. Can be glued and flown right away easily though. After the first crash, I suggest two little carbon fiber rod (or even best, small flat stripes), going from over the wing (about 2 inches) to the end of the foam (touching the rubber nose). And then, it become literally indestructible.

You can make better moves and patterns with the Sbach, but I enjoy the Stryker much better because it's so different than my other airplanes. Don't expect to do long KE with it (very difficult). But boomerangs are awesome, speed is great (particulary with a 4040 from GWS), and it become a dot in no time while going vertical. But again, both birds belong in the top 5 UMs so, you cannot be wrong either way!

With the Sbach, you break the whole front end if you nose in. Carbon fiber is also highly recommended.
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:59 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! Went with the Stryker. Sport flying and the durability were a big factor, plus it's on sale now for $75.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:39 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! Went with the Stryker. Sport flying and the durability were a big factor, plus it's on sale now for $75.
Where is it on sale for that cheap?
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:35 AM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
+ 1 on that...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:44 AM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Amainhobbies. Probably means they are going to release an AS3X one next month, but who cares.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:42 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
and another +1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:40 PM