HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:19 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurder1975 View Post
hey folks. i have the big stryker but just had to have the micro too. it will be here in a couple of days and if its anything like the big one i know i will want more batterys. not having the stock battery here to check the connection im unsure which upgraded nano tech 2s lipo's to order that will fit the connector on the plane.

could someone kindly link me to the right battery from hobbyking so i an get some on order asap.

thank you.
I use HK batts for most of my birds but for my 2s I go with Babbel Batts from RCBabbel here on the forums.

I use his 2s 240mAh batts for the Stryker & the MiG 15 EDF & I ALWAYS choose to run thru those before I go for the stock batts.

And I have her big brother as well & it's EXACTLY the same flight characteristics so it'll be a fun transition for ya, I still do not know why I can do the Upright Boomerang no problem with the micro & her big brother I'm 50-50?!? Either way I have a blast flying 'em both!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
brilliant. thanks for the info chaps. looks like this one will do the job. has the same part number as the stock eflite lipo...but its 300mah...here is a link for anyone interested! but please dont buy them all before i get chance to buy one or two later this week!!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
mrmurder1975 is offline Find More Posts by mrmurder1975
Last edited by mrmurder1975; Dec 04, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Oct 2003
915 Posts
Ha. Good tickets know
robster94gt is offline Find More Posts by robster94gt
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:53 PM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,675 Posts
Bah. I wasn't a fan of the heavy HK 300Mah batteries. It's really difficult to get the CG far back enough to do the truly FLAT flat-spins, cobras, etc. I use them for high-wind days and just "zooming."

I tried out one of these 200mah packs from 2DogRC (they cost more at $12, but their Blade MCPx batteries outlasted everything else I had):
http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-200-ma...beast-662.html

The battery certainly has better voltage than the stock battery (well, okay, every other battery holds voltage better than the over-priced, under-performing, stock battery). But, it's still nice and light. Comes with the special connector. Worth the extra $5 for me.

You can also get their bargain-priced $7 250mah packs, but those don't have the Parkzone connector. They are also lighter than the HK 300mah, but you'll need to do some solder work. I bought these before the 200mah came out. Good packs, but still a tad nose-heavy for my liking.
http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-250-ma...o-battery.html

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:03 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
2,841 Posts
Quote:
brilliant. thanks for the info chaps. looks like this one will do the job. has the same part number as the stock eflite lipo...but its 300mah...here is a link for anyone interested! but please dont buy them all before i get chance to buy one or two later this week!!

nice packs man!
way more power than the stock one for sure
I have the 45/90c I'm going to try out soon!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:22 AM
Joined Mar 2011
248 Posts
at 99 bucks I might need one.
litehawkdown is offline Find More Posts by litehawkdown
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:06 AM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
just out of interest,anyone know the weight of the stock battery? the hk ones i linked above come in at 16g according to the website....

$99 is a good deal. you boys over the pond seem to get better deals than us limeys! must confess,this close to crimbo,i could not stretch to a bnib um stryker so i bagged myself a lightly used,in tip top condition 2nd hand one.

its boxed,with instructions and charger and 3 batterys (one stock,two upgraded,but not sure what they are,forgot to ask!) for 65 (about $80 ish). picking it up tomorrow morning and im as excited as little girl on prom night lol

both the um and its big brother will be coming to the field with me, hopefully tomorrow, for a flight comparison.

not had the nerve to try flat spins etc with the big one (most expensive plane i own and can not afford to replace it.....although a few days ago i crashed into a tree and snapped it in half!) but considering the airframe for the um is about 20 should i need to buy one i will certainly be having a stab at some of the manoeuvres i know these planes are capable of...

i have elevator landings down on the big one,so not too worried about doing it on the um....but i am looking forward to trying my first flat spin on the um....i don't think getting into the spin will be a problem, seems straight forward enough, pulling out of it concerns me a bit.....hope i don't lose all sense of direction as it comes down and watch my new plane vaporise in a cloud of foam as it tries to become one with the earth!

hopefully it will be a case of do it,and then straight away wonder why i didn't try it sooner! but we shall see......
Last edited by mrmurder1975; Dec 05, 2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:05 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,642 Posts
Quote:
....but i am looking forward to trying my first flat spin on the um....i don't think getting into the spin will be a problem, seems straight forward enough, pulling out of it concerns me a bit.....hope i don't lose all sense of direction as it comes down and watch my new plane vaporise in a cloud of foam as it tries to become one with the earth!

hopefully it will be a case of do it,and then straight away wonder why i didn't try it sooner! but we shall see......
Getting out of the flat spin is easy! You can just let go of the controls for one, or for a faster recovery, let go of elev and ail, and give opposite rudder. Either way, she should just be going straight down at this point. My only bit of advice is to fly only when it's sunny, so it's easy to see if you're looking at the top or bottom of the plane. When it's overcast, she just becomes a grey shadow quickly. Good luck!
xmech2k is offline Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Getting out of the flat spin is easy! You can just let go of the controls for one, or for a faster recovery, let go of elev and ail, and give opposite rudder. Either way, she should just be going straight down at this point. My only bit of advice is to fly only when it's sunny, so it's easy to see if you're looking at the top or bottom of the plane. When it's overcast, she just becomes a grey shadow quickly. Good luck!

ok thanks,that does not sound too tricky.....but then,i can make even the most simple things seem difficult!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:31 PM
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
326 Posts
Got this little beast today and I love it flys just like the q it's hands down the fastest UMX I've owned seems like my polecat at FULL throttle is only equivalent to about half throttle on the stryker

UM Stryker 180 F1 (11 min 24 sec)

UM Stryker 180 F2 (6 min 53 sec)
bladeguy5 is online now Find More Posts by bladeguy5
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:37 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeguy5 View Post
Got this little beast today and I love it flys just like the q it's hands down the fastest UMX I've owned seems like my polecat at FULL throttle is only equivalent to about half throttle on the stryker
Well, yes... isn't the Polecat a 1S machine?
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:41 PM
I can fix that!
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jul 2011
740 Posts
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Well, yes... isn't the Polecat a 1S machine?
Yeah...the Polecat is 1S, and compared to the Stryker, it's your Grandmother's plane!
doug.wagner is offline Find More Posts by doug.wagner
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:37 AM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
942 Posts
I run the HK 180 Nano Techs in mine and love them. I just made an adapter that mates from the Stryker's connector to the standard red connector. They are very light compared to the 240's, and I obtain just as long a flight time as the standard battery..
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:45 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by four stroke pwr View Post
I run the HK 180 Nano Techs in mine and love them. I just made an adapter that mates from the Stryker's connector to the standard red connector. They are very light compared to the 240's, and I obtain just as long a flight time as the standard battery..
Did you know that they also make the battery with the right connector so you don't have to use an adapter?

RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:46 AM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
942 Posts
RealGambler, thanks!
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr