kinda excited to see what comes next
AS3X w/ thrust vectoring? I wish...
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:10 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
If they do a UMX Cimitar, its going to have to be 3S, it will only be a small modification for current AS3X bricks.
In my philosophy(its a book im writing, im an author) if we predict UMX scimitar with TV and 3S, then it wont happen.
This is why i never let myself think about micro scale burt rutan ships! Quick Eze and Vari Ez, the Vari Eze could have on steerable retract. a mossie based beechacraft starship,
HH must have the money to hire Burt!!!!
Dammnit, im so excited and my book tells me now it really wont happen.

Time to scratch build.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Last edited by airpower; Nov 27, 2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:00 AM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCow007 View Post
HH might still help you out, but it would've been a lot easier if you had noticed all that before you crashed it. Don't tell them your forums name either :P
yeah, i tested it for a minute before flying, but it didn't get stuck hehe. it did twitch tho, but, you know, the urge to fly... ;-)
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:53 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMeUp View Post
issue 3: right rudder servo get stuck at -100% in flight at first flight (yes i know it happens on those micro linear servos, but brand new at first flight?) of course, that was fast and low, so it broke the foam (i glued it back). obviously since it broke they don't replace anything ;-) I tested the servo for a long time after that, it get stucks again and again, like the old 'n used linear micro servos guess its bad luck
These linear servos can get stuck if overdriven, it's nothing to do with if they are new or old, it is just the slider being wound all the way to the end and getting stuck.

Best practice is to wind down the travel adjust to below 100% to prevent this.

Tony
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:46 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Got my micro Stryker yesterday; looks good! 4040 props should be in soon.

I need to get some more lipos. Anyone use the Hyperion 180s? Just remembered that I have some wired up from my Beast 3D...

What is the best way to get to the rx to wire up the rudders separately? In the past I have cut the tape because pulling it off takes off paint. Is that not a concern with this since it is not painted? Or will it still mess up the airframe?

Thanks!
Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:54 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,369 Posts
has anyone tried the Nano 300mah packs?
thanks
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
United States, TN, Gray
Joined Nov 2010
156 Posts
Spicyfood, It'll peel off reasonably easily after cutting, or just cut and tape over.

I fixed up my servo by scavenging a servo motor, but I find it a challenge to solder these tiny motors up. Better than nano sized wirenuts, I guess.

Tony, that's not a bad idea to limit the range a little bit, esp if the servo is starting to act up.

Mike
jumna is offline Find More Posts by jumna
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumna View Post
Spicyfood, It'll peel off reasonably easily after cutting, or just cut and tape over.

Mike
Thank you!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:14 PM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
These linear servos can get stuck if overdriven, it's nothing to do with if they are new or old, it is just the slider being wound all the way to the end and getting stuck.

Best practice is to wind down the travel adjust to below 100% to prevent this.

Tony
Hence, why I created the Heli profile that uses the E-Ring feature. I've seen a Stryker go down due to a stuck elevon from being over-driven. Not a pretty sight.

I need to experiment some more and add rudder rates to the air-brake switch so that I don't over-drive the tail when they are split.

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:03 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,053 Posts
Note that they get stuck:
- even with stock settings (100% throw)
- even at 70% max throw although it happens less often obviously (that also makes flat spins impossible)

I think this one's pretty much faulty from factory :<
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:02 PM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMeUp View Post
Note that they get stuck:
- even with stock settings (100% throw)
- even at 70% max throw although it happens less often obviously (that also makes flat spins impossible)

I think this one's pretty much faulty from factory :<
Well, if it happens more often than others you've owned, then it might be faulty. It could be that you need to clean/lube the parts for this one. However, if both servos are doing it, it's kind of a slim chance that both servos are faulty at once. I'd have to look at it to see the nature of how they are getting stuck.

The Stryker is not suppose to be setup for %100 throws. The servos can only move %115, and the DX8 will only stop at 150%. As I found, you have to really crank down the control throws to not bind the servos when you corner the sticks, at which point you can't do the fun maneuvers.

If you have a chance, why not give my SPM file a try? The only thing is that you'll have to switch the servo plugs.

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:26 PM
Crazy Foamie Builder
United States, MD, Lexington Park
Joined Jan 2010
914 Posts
i am also waiting on mine from a-main...do i assume the BNF version comes with a charger? I make all my own cables so i will probably make one or buy one to use my 680...
JettaManDan is offline Find More Posts by JettaManDan
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettaManDan View Post
i am also waiting on mine from a-main...do i assume the BNF version comes with a charger? I make all my own cables so i will probably make one or buy one to use my 680...
Yes, it comes with a charger.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:55 PM
Crazy Foamie Builder
United States, MD, Lexington Park
Joined Jan 2010
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Yes, it comes with a charger.
figured...thanks....i have the UMX T-28..A MCX-P and a MCX2 and they all came with them..saw rc-connectors had an adapter for the connector to a jst so i may just save myself the trouble and buy one to charge it easier..picked up a couple of lectron pro 200's to try out when it shows up...looking forward to getting it and hoping for a non-frigid day to try it out...

Dan
JettaManDan is offline Find More Posts by JettaManDan
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:55 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,369 Posts
yeah baby!
mine should be hear tomorrow!!!
and I have about 12 300 Nano packs to run through this one
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55