HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:11 PM
220 221 Whatever it takes
USA, IL, Belleville
Joined Dec 2009
276 Posts
Wanna buy me a Xmas gift?? LOL

A E-flite Hawker Hurricane 25e PNP would be nice! For some reason I got a wing set sent to me from HH about a month ago and have no idea why. But I will use them if someone wants to be soooo kind on Xmas this year.

Thanks VERY much in advance.
Dave

PS: I would take a mini Stryker 180 instead if that suits this thread better.
captdave221 is offline Find More Posts by captdave221
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:28 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Seriously thinking of getting one of these now that the price has dropped to $99...

What are the must do mods? I believe a new prop is in order?

Also, I believe Hyperion 240s are highly regarded? I have a few bare cells I can wire up...

Thanks in advance for your advice! Sorry, this is a long thread to search....

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:32 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Seriously thinking of getting one of these now that the price has dropped to $99...

Also, I believe Hyperion 240s are highly regarded? I have a few bare cells I can wire up...

Pete
It's pretty danged impressive out of the box with the addition of a good battery. But a 4040 prop (with said good battery) will really make her rip. And getting more deflection on the control surfaces is really good too, using transmitter mixes. Macr0t0r just did a lot of work on this and presented his findings a few posts back. I can hardly wait to try this.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
It's pretty danged impressive out of the box with the addition of a good battery. But a 4040 prop (with said good battery) will really make her rip. And getting more deflection on the control surfaces is really good too, using transmitter mixes. Macr0t0r just did a lot of work on this and presented his findings a few posts back. I can hardly wait to try this.
Thanks Erkq!

I saw that post by Macr0t0r and was pretty darn impressed with it! Will have to do that with my DX8 if I get it...

Best,
Pete
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:47 PM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post

Pete
The 240s have a lot of power, but it's challenging to get the CG back (they weight nearly 17g). My current favorite is the 200Mah MadDog battery from 2dogrc. It only weighs 13g and has nearly the same punch.
http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-200-ma...beast-661.html
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
The 240s have a lot of power, but it's challenging to get the CG back (they weight nearly 17g). My current favorite is the 200Mah MadDog battery from 2dogrc. It only weighs 13g and has nearly the same punch.
http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-200-ma...beast-661.html
Thank you!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:05 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
The only mod necessary is the mix to get full throw with the DX6i and carving foam to push the battery back.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with right out of the box. I spent the afternoon at our club field with it all to myself today. Bit breezy, winds at 10-15 and a bit variable. Made it an all umx day - didn't even take any big planes. Switched between Sbach with as3x, Carbon Cub with as3x and the stryker. The stryker was the best of the bunch. Most predictable for sure and handled the breeze every bit as well if not better than the as3x planes.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Feb 2011
113 Posts
DX6i Settings for UM Stryker Please

Hi All

I am having a little bother with this plane - I have made the swop as per cat recomendation for DX6 and now only one ailron works when turning - I can opperate as needed but have to use the sticks diagonaly, I am not sure if there is any mixes needed and if so can some one point me in the reight dirrection#

Many thanks

Chris
zippyshutt is offline Find More Posts by zippyshutt
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:41 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,759 Posts
Daft question:

Have you made sure the Tx is set to Elevon wing?
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Is it DX6 or DX6i ??
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:24 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyshutt View Post
Hi All

I am having a little bother with this plane - I have made the swop as per cat recomendation for DX6 and now only one ailron works when turning - I can opperate as needed but have to use the sticks diagonaly, I am not sure if there is any mixes needed and if so can some one point me in the reight dirrection#

Many thanks

Chris
I recommend reading the manual, always check the manual first.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:59 PM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
The Stryker manual actually gives some pretty clear instructions for the DX6i (can't be the DX6, since that TX won't work with this receiver). If you still have problems, I suggest you reset the model settings and start over. It's possible that you have some sort of setting in there that the manual doesn't go over that may be interfering (servo travel, extra mix, etc).
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
The Stryker manual actually gives some pretty clear instructions for the DX6i (can't be the DX6, since that TX won't work with this receiver). If you still have problems, I suggest you reset the model settings and start over. It's possible that you have some sort of setting in there that the manual doesn't go over that may be interfering (servo travel, extra mix, etc).
Have they corrected them? The instructions in my manual were wrong. They published a supplement/errata sheet for the DX6i
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:51 PM
Tennessee
Joined Dec 2005
186 Posts
If anyone is interested I put my stryker up on ebay. It is still flyable but I really listed it for parts.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330831607024
joallen001 is offline Find More Posts by joallen001