HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:01 PM
Wanton construction
Pouncer's Avatar
Stockholm Sweden
Joined Sep 2006
959 Posts
Stryker/Micro Swift hybrid

Hi guys

Just wanted to show off my Micro Swift with Stryker guts, as a replacement airframe for my defunct Stryker.
It's EPP and virtually indestructible (in normal operation)
Moved the winglets inboard of the elevons and added rudders, then reshaped the wing tips.
I like it, can be flown closer in than the Stryker, and has a very good climb rate.
No boomerang though, and doesn't seem as fast.

Build thread (second post from start): http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741286
Pouncer is offline Find More Posts by Pouncer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
You can't take the sky from me
copperbricks's Avatar
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
has anyone tested the amp draw of the stock setup with a 5030 prop? It'd be interesting to see how that would help the vertical. Also, it'd be nice to be able to keep the same motor if I want to switch the airframe to a beast/sbach
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:23 PM
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbricks View Post
has anyone tested the amp draw of the stock setup with a 5030 prop? It'd be interesting to see how that would help the vertical. Also, it'd be nice to be able to keep the same motor if I want to switch the airframe to a beast/sbach
I just got 5030's for my geebee with the same kv motor. I use nanotec 260 50c batts and had no issue with tripping the overcurrent. But I think the 5030 is too wide and will hit the rudders on the stryker.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2003
915 Posts
This is off topic, but the main reason I never picked up a gee bee was because of the ocp notice. Did you have a problem with the protection kicking in on a stock setup?
robster94gt is offline Find More Posts by robster94gt
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:38 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
I just got 5030's for my geebee with the same kv motor. I use nanotec 260 50c batts and had no issue with tripping the overcurrent. But I think the 5030 is too wide and will hit the rudders on the stryker.
I haven't flown mine in a long time, but we used to put 4045's on these things. With good batteries it turned into a screaming little monster!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:47 PM
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster94gt View Post
This is off topic, but the main reason I never picked up a gee bee was because of the ocp notice. Did you have a problem with the protection kicking in on a stock setup?
Had no issues with mine whatsoever..... 100% throttle for a whole battery.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:49 PM
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I haven't flown mine in a long time, but we used to put 4045's on these things. With good batteries it turned into a screaming little monster!
I am going to get a different prop for the stryker but not sure what to get. It's fast enough for me I just want something a bit quieter and a bit more battery friendly...
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:57 PM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
4040 is quieter. im sorry, but if you need to go easy on your batteries, they shouldnt be in the stryker, try umx hyperion 240s
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:15 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
I am going to get a different prop for the stryker but not sure what to get. It's fast enough for me I just want something a bit quieter and a bit more battery friendly...
Oops, yes, 4040. But it's the 3000kv motor that's the hornet's nest, not so much the prop.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
4040 is quieter. im sorry, but if you need to go easy on your batteries, they shouldnt be in the stryker, try umx hyperion 240s
I use the nanotech 260ma 50c so I was looking for more flight time not thea the battery's couldn't handle it.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:10 PM
Registered User
I R Irv's Avatar
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,953 Posts
More flight time from your batteries means less amp draw from the motor = smaller prop, which I don't think you want to do. You could also try and shave 20 grams off the airframe but I just don't see that happening. Looks like you stick with what you got or buy bigger batteries. Sorry but it doesn't look like anything you wanted to hear.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:29 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
I use the nanotech 260ma 50c so I was looking for more flight time not thea the battery's couldn't handle it.
Just use throttle management for longer flight times. Same effect except you've got some powah when you want it.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:11 AM
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Just ordered some 4040s so we will see how they fly.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:45 PM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Still cant believe how amazing this little plane is at 3D.
Have been practicing parachutes and tic tocs, any one else been doing that on this plane?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:40 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Still cant believe how amazing this little plane is at 3D.
Have been practicing parachutes and tic tocs, any one else been doing that on this plane?
How do you do a tic toc with a plane? I thought you needed +- cyclic for that.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 02:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 05:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 11:02 AM