Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:24 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,159 Posts
I don't think it's really possible for them to program it to work with both. I only have a dx6i so I had no option but to open. But it literally took less than 2 minutes and Literally was just pulling a little piece of tape off, flipping plug re-taping. Couldn't ever tell. No big deal.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:42 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,994 Posts
It can work with both!
Once you swap to use on a 6i it can still be used with a DX8 by using Elevon B.

Agreed though it's no biggie but with my sausage fingers I don't open these until they need it
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Interesting, I did not know there were any issues like this with the dx6i, I switched to the dx8 this year.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:03 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,159 Posts
Didn't realize once set up for dx6i it could then be used for dx8 without reversing. So I guess it's really the cheaper dx6i's lack of settings.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:34 PM
Wanton construction
Stockholm Sweden
Joined Sep 2006
954 Posts
Replacement airframe?

OK so my beloved Stryker is now beyond repair and I'm looking for a replacement airframe, preferably EPP.

I know I could get a fresh Stryker frame but I'm of the opinion that EPS is too fragile for the mass, I'd prefer the resilience of EPP.

Any suggestions?
Pouncer is online now Find More Posts by Pouncer
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:11 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
OK so my beloved Stryker is now beyond repair and I'm looking for a replacement airframe, preferably EPP.

I know I could get a fresh Stryker frame but I'm of the opinion that EPS is too fragile for the mass, I'd prefer the resilience of EPP.

Any suggestions?
This is the one I'd love to have, but I'll keep scratch building until the price comes down.
TODD
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1690725
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:59 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Saw that Micro Swift for sale here in the Classifieds, that thing looked realy cool!!
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:22 PM
Wanton construction
Stockholm Sweden
Joined Sep 2006
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
This is the one I'd love to have, but I'll keep scratch building until the price comes down.
TODD
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1690725
That does look like it'd fit the bill but:

I lose the rudders, no biggie but I like doing flat spins..
Suggested AUW is twice that of the Stryker
Price is a bit high for what you get in the bag.

Came to think that I actually have a Mini Swift,not the same but it came with a complete spare airframe and I'm thinking I could harvest the wing and bash a flying wing..
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,942 Posts
I'ts a 16gram airframe, with the Stryker equipment (-2servos) I bet the little sucker just cooks along. I have a couple scratch builts that I fly instead of my Stryker because they're so light and fast.
TODD
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:29 AM
centennial/aurora colorado
Joined Mar 2008
1,391 Posts
here is my old stryker guts revamped into the micro swift airframe, cant wait for the maiden tommorow
kelloggair is offline Find More Posts by kelloggair
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:42 AM
Joined Nov 2008
1,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggair View Post
here is my old stryker guts revamped into the micro swift airframe, cant wait for the maiden tommorow
I knew it wouldn't be long before someone tried it but damn that was fast. Hope I'm right about this plane and you have a great maiden.
TODD
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:53 AM
centennial/aurora colorado
Joined Mar 2008
1,391 Posts
it glides great and has more than enough power so im looking forward to the maiden today
kelloggair is offline Find More Posts by kelloggair
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:16 PM
Wanton construction
Stockholm Sweden
Joined Sep 2006
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggair View Post
What is your AUW?
Had decided against getting one, thinking instead of making a slicer and go to town on a slab of EPP, but wavering again knowing full well I won't get around to it anytime soon (this hobby and toddlers don't mix well, regardless of how much you love them!)

Have you considered "strykerizing" it by adding rudders on booms?

Good luck on the maiden!

Edit: On the other hand this thread is over 3600 posts long and there's hardly anyone modding their Stryker save pushing power to 3S, I guess it says something about the original design.. Maybe I should just get a new frame and reinforce the weak spots
Last edited by Pouncer; Sep 02, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:23 AM
Wanton construction
Stockholm Sweden
Joined Sep 2006
954 Posts
OK so I ordered 3 (!) Micro Swift kits (postage is the same for three as it is for one so I figured what the heck)

One is going to be strykerized, that is I'm going to use Stryker guts and copy the general layout, mounting working rudders on booms between prop and elevons. They may be made foldable but we'll see.

The secong is to become a boomer ((that is with added tail surfaces on twin booms) equiped with MiG 15 guts and one of Uttams motors swinging a 5030 prop, this for FPV purposes.

The third isn't quite decided yet, maybe I'll just keep it stock with HK Rx and Orange servos, cheap and cheerful.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:16 PM
Tennessee
Joined Dec 2005
186 Posts
Someone gave me a stryker that was crashed on the first flight. About the first 2-3" of the nose is broke off. Should I try to repair it with some gorilla glue and cf rods? Maybe just strip the electronics and use them on something else like the hobbyking bonsai.
joallen001 is offline Find More Posts by joallen001