Thank you so much for help !
FedericoA is offline Find More Posts by FedericoA
Old May 16, 2012, 04:06 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Be careful, though, as it tends to drive the servos over 100% at the corners. But I found the results were worth it. I think you can get the same effect with your DX8's mix capability without the overdrive. But I've not done it. I use my DX6 to fly the Stryker. I've never moved the Stryker into my DX8. Just lazy I guess.
I also have it on my dx6i....Too lazy either to transfer it to my DX8...
FedericoA is offline Find More Posts by FedericoA
Old May 16, 2012, 07:15 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,971 Posts
You guys...

If you've already swapped the servos on the board to use a 6i then all you have to do is choose Flapperon "B" with the DX8.

Simples!
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old May 16, 2012, 07:17 PM
Shine On !
Northern Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedericoA View Post
Thank you so much for help !
Anytime ! Though I can't take credit for the mix...just stumbled across it....cut and paste the pics. It's a totally different bird with these few mods. Happy flying !
AtomHeartMother is online now Find More Posts by AtomHeartMother
Old May 16, 2012, 08:52 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
You guys...

If you've already swapped the servos on the board to use a 6i then all you have to do is choose Flapperon "B" with the DX8.

Simples!
Hahaha... thanks for that. Maybe now I can sell off my DX6i and buy a new plane, or part of a new plane.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old May 17, 2012, 01:20 PM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
872 Posts
Hi all,

was out with a part of my fleet today.
I have to say, after lots of fun flights with my tiny Stryker, this model is really one of the best I have ever flown

Thanks HH and thanks to QQ for that awesome plane !
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old May 22, 2012, 03:37 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
+1 on that count, i flew mine again on the weekend and it still makes people look and go "WOW! what was that!" haha even better at the fun fly we attended on the weekend i witnessed and filmed a full size Styker flying full boar at night was a sight to behold

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old May 22, 2012, 12:56 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,621 Posts
+1 on the last two posts, this little plane is a TON of fun.

I took my little Stryker out to my RC Club this weekend just for fun. Only a couple of the guys around at the time and the wind was picking up a bit. There was a bit of a LULL in the action so I threw the Stryker up. As usual, fast low passes, square loops, power drill rolls and then a bunch of boomerang spins was the flight.

After I brought it to an elevator landing about 5 feet in front of my flying station I could hear the crew laughing. They had NO idea what it would fly like and were impressed with just how fast and capable and FUN a plane it was. Have a few come over and get a close look, you know pick it up, kick the tires, etc. These are older, long time glow / gas flyers who don't generally even think much of electrics but tolerate them.

Truly fun to be able to challenge people's views of micro planes in a fun and friendly way. (Had a similar experience at our Fun Fly last year with my V1 Beast ... you should have seen the faces as it was VERY windy and they were expecting this little bit of foam to end up coming down to earth in another County!)

Love this little plane, and still have a blast every time I take it out.

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Old May 31, 2012, 11:17 AM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,013 Posts
I have a couple of the C version Strykers, and enjoy the way they fly. Looking at some of the feedback on the micro, it seems to have similar flight characteristics.
I'm planning on getting one, but have a question on batteries.
It comes with a 2S 200 mA battery. From the UM Beast I have several of the nano tech 2S 180's on hand.
Will the 180's provide satisfactory performance in the UM Stryker?
Thanks!
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old May 31, 2012, 11:20 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,971 Posts
They should do! They will certainly be as good as if not better than the E-flite '200's
That said though, I only use my 240s....
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old May 31, 2012, 02:19 PM
Shine On !
Northern Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Will the 180's provide satisfactory performance in the UM Stryker?
Yes, I've run my nano 180's in the stryker just fine. Gives it nice, light power...just watch the flight times. I get close to 6 minutes of mixed flying with them.
AtomHeartMother is online now Find More Posts by AtomHeartMother
Old May 31, 2012, 02:39 PM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,013 Posts
Thanks guys for the feedback on the batteries!
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old May 31, 2012, 03:09 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Can you help me undstand the Mix a bit more.......... Atom posted his Mix 1 & 2 on his 6 here:

And that set up has the AIL & ELE moving up & down at Max Throw of 100% correct? Which leads to the caution for driving the servos over 100% at the corners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Be careful, though, as it tends to drive the servos over 100% at the corners. But I found the results were worth it. I think you can get the same effect with your DX8's mix capability without the overdrive. But I've not done it. I use my DX6 to fly the Stryker. I've never moved the Stryker into my DX8. Just lazy I guess.
On my DX8 I reduced the Throws to 98% (had 2 UMX Carbon Cub SS servos freeze on me, LHS advised me to reduce the Throws on ALL my UM's (guess I've been lucky with my other UM fleet 'cause no problems with all of them at 100% on the Tx??) So I used my credit with the returned Cub & got another UM Stryker for $119.

And that's funny as far as being lazy.... I was using the DX6i, scored a brand new DX8 off the Classifieds here & then it sat for 2 months in the box 'cause I didn't want to hassle with the transfering the planes over. Especially since I would most likely be "sneaking" in the garage at night so the kids & especially my wife would not have to hear all the beeping & tones & servo noise I'd be making!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old May 31, 2012, 04:52 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
Can you help me undstand the Mix a bit more.......... Atom posted his Mix 1 & 2 on his 6 here:

And that set up has the AIL & ELE moving up & down at Max Throw of 100% correct? Which leads to the caution for driving the servos over 100% at the corners?

On my DX8 I reduced the Throws to 98% (had 2 UMX Carbon Cub SS servos freeze on me, LHS advised me to reduce the Throws on ALL my UM's (guess I've been lucky with my other UM fleet 'cause no problems with all of them at 100% on the Tx??) So I used my credit with the returned Cub & got another UM Stryker for $119.

And that's funny as far as being lazy.... I was using the DX6i, scored a brand new DX8 off the Classifieds here & then it sat for 2 months in the box 'cause I didn't want to hassle with the transfering the planes over. Especially since I would most likely be "sneaking" in the garage at night so the kids & especially my wife would not have to hear all the beeping & tones & servo noise I'd be making!
You are correct. I think it leads to something like 140% at the corners. But I've been lucky too... even the over-driven "mix" on the DX6i didn't cause a servo lock.

And that's funny about the beeps and tones... my wife always comments about it when I'm fiddling around in my office. And just let the charger complete a charge! Ha! I guess I should move this stuff into the garage too.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq