SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 08, 2012, 11:50 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
869 Posts
A different more powerful motor than the stock that can run all stock ?
A better prop other than the GWS ?
FedericoA is offline Find More Posts by FedericoA
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
Commander4
United States, CA, Golden Hills
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Stryker Heads Up!

I will try to remove the old fins and reuse them but it is hard to tell where the fin foam starts, and the fuse foam ends. The new fuse came with new bottom fins, but not upper ones. Still waiting for new fins from HH.
Commander4 is offline Find More Posts by Commander4
Old May 11, 2012, 09:26 AM
Commander4
United States, CA, Golden Hills
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Stryker Heads Up

Has anyone tried using the old electronics from a Stryker 27Q 180 and incorporate them into a different wing form such as a Zagi? Maybe a mini-Zagi. I would be interested in the results. My only beef so far with the little 27Q is the brittle foam. Maybe another wing form could be wrapped with string tape for strength. The way the top fins are on the 27Q it would be very difficult to wrap with tape, or a strengthening type of covering. I know the Zagi's are famous for their durability.
Commander4 is offline Find More Posts by Commander4
Old May 11, 2012, 09:44 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander4 View Post
I will try to remove the old fins and reuse them but it is hard to tell where the fin foam starts, and the fuse foam ends. The new fuse came with new bottom fins, but not upper ones. Still waiting for new fins from HH.
Is your fuselage destroyed? If so then use an exacto knife and cut the fuse away slowly around the fins until you can make heads or tails of where the vertical stabilizers are.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old May 11, 2012, 10:04 AM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Sep 2001
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
T,

The UMX Sbach and the UM Stryker both use the AR6400NBL reciever.

I've toasted two recievers on my (3S) powered Stryker.

I currently have 50 (3S) powered flights on my Sbach.
(Charged to 12.0V)

-------------------------------

3S on the Beast 3D is another story.
I'm at 95 flights right now.
The first 40 flights were on 3S packs charged to 12.0V
My last 40 flights have been on fully charged 3S Hyp 180s.

No reports of 3S problems on the B3D at this time.

I'm very hopeful for the same results on the CC & MiG.

rc
Thanks for testing! It's too bad they haven't been working out in the Stryker.

I'll have to get some 3S from you though if they are working in the other micros like the Beast.
joemi is offline Find More Posts by joemi
Old May 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,722 Posts
[QUOTE=Commander4;21583413]I will try to remove the old fins and reuse them but it is hard to tell where the fin foam starts, and the fuse foam ends.[QUOTE]

Got my micro Stryker used & had to do the same thing, remove both fins. I used a #11 hobby knife to cut around the fin between the fuselage. One came out easy & the other needed a bit more "scrapping" but you will be able tell where the fin starts & ends. I needed to remove a little more excess fin foam from the one that needed more work to remove but eventually they both came out clean. I think if you give it a try you'll be able to see what grovey is talking about.
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old May 11, 2012, 11:14 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedericoA View Post
A different more powerful motor than the stock that can run all stock ?
A better prop other than the GWS ?
So no one ?
Old May 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedericoA View Post
So no one ?
What's wrong with GWS? I use Babbelbatts and prop it up with a 4040. I have never looked into a more powerful motor because a 60mph 2.5oz piece of foam is crazy enough for me. And, with "the mix" it rolls like a drill and does 50g turns.

So, that's all I have to offer.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old May 11, 2012, 02:51 PM
Shine On !
Northern Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
1,011 Posts
+1 Erkq

You want more speed and you'll also need to start looking at carbon tow/carbon rod reinforcement. It's just foam and with the gws 4x4/better battery combo, coupled with the super mix, I can see the wing flexing pretty good in hard turns.
I suppose if you really wanted to hot rod it and just go in straight lines to preserve the wing, more horsepower would work. You'd most likely have a heavier bird though. I really don't see a need to tinker with 3s either personally. It scoots pretty well with the above mentioned mods. To me, this is a great balance of speed, battery life and maneuverability. If I want to go faster I'll build a mini hotliner or something..
AtomHeartMother is online now Find More Posts by AtomHeartMother
Old May 12, 2012, 08:00 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomHeartMother View Post
+1 Erkq

You want more speed and you'll also need to start looking at carbon tow/carbon rod reinforcement. It's just foam and with the gws 4x4/better battery combo, coupled with the super mix, I can see the wing flexing pretty good in hard turns.
I suppose if you really wanted to hot rod it and just go in straight lines to preserve the wing, more horsepower would work. You'd most likely have a heavier bird though. I really don't see a need to tinker with 3s either personally. It scoots pretty well with the above mentioned mods. To me, this is a great balance of speed, battery life and maneuverability. If I want to go faster I'll build a mini hotliner or something..
Ok i understand.....And agree...can you tell me what is the mix you mention ?
I have a DX6i for it, but have also a DX8.
Last edited by FedericoA; May 12, 2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: mistake writing
Old May 12, 2012, 12:58 PM
Shine On !
Northern Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
1,011 Posts
Quote:
can you tell me what is the mix you mention ?
Super mix
AtomHeartMother is online now Find More Posts by AtomHeartMother
Old May 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomHeartMother View Post
Super mix
Be careful, though, as it tends to drive the servos over 100% at the corners. But I found the results were worth it. I think you can get the same effect with your DX8's mix capability without the overdrive. But I've not done it. I use my DX6 to fly the Stryker. I've never moved the Stryker into my DX8. Just lazy I guess.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
321 Posts
Hi, I just got one of these, and the elevator goes in the opposite direction that I want it to. Whenever I reverse the channel, elevator acts like aileron. I activated elevon on this.
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Old May 15, 2012, 11:59 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimicrorc View Post
Hi, I just got one of these, and the elevator goes in the opposite direction that I want it to. Whenever I reverse the channel, elevator acts like aileron. I activated elevon on this.
The destructions in the manual are wrong. There's an update somewhere early in this thread. Sorry to not be more helpful, but I'm supposed to be doing something for my wife right now. At least you know in which direction the solution lies.
Old May 16, 2012, 01:47 AM
Joined Apr 2012
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
The destructions in the manual are wrong. There's an update somewhere early in this thread. Sorry to not be more helpful, but I'm supposed to be doing something for my wife right now. At least you know in which direction the solution lies.
k thanks
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc