HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 03, 2012, 12:42 PM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
That does sound like a tx issue.

Do you think perhaps your servo(s) are going past 100% travel?

Does it happen with just this UM plane?
I don't think it was going past 100%, as I checked in the settings to make sure it was at 100% (per the manual you may recall it states to NOT go beyond 100% travel).

And yeah, only happens with this plane?? Her big brother has NO problems what so ever, and the EXACT settings I have with him his little sister has??? So not sure what happened. Got a whopping 4 flights with her though!!! It was a blast!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 12:47 PM
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
I don't think it was going past 100%, as I checked in the settings to make sure it was at 100% (per the manual you may recall it states to NOT go beyond 100% travel).

And yeah, only happens with this plane?? Her big brother has NO problems what so ever, and the EXACT settings I have with him his little sister has??? So not sure what happened. Got a whopping 4 flights with her though!!! It was a blast!
Very weird, and you did replace the brick too.

Yeah this plane is awesome, can't wait to fly again. Looks like the wind is finally abating here so I may instead fly my micros, rather than risk crashing my larger F-27Q (That pesky but necessary elevon control horn mod).
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 12:47 PM
Registered User
UK, West Sussex, Chichester
Joined Aug 2008
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeirs View Post
True enough but the largest open area near me is about 175x200 so wanted to see if that was okay
I have permission from a local farmer who has a huge field,the Stryker can go far enough that you can lose orientation;-) and I have a smaller field opposite my house you can fly a Stryker in uncomfortably.
ballores is offline Find More Posts by ballores
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 02:02 PM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Yeah this plane is awesome, can't wait to fly again. Looks like the wind is finally abating here so I may instead fly my micros, rather than risk crashing my larger F-27Q (That pesky but necessary elevon control horn mod).
With the 4 flights I had with the micro Stryker she is my FAVORITE micro!!! Just slightly trailing her is my micro Corsair!

And I flew a long time before I finally did the mod, you are a better man than I. I'm so impatient I just wanna fly!!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 02:06 PM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,989 Posts
Elevon control rod mod. Is this for the UMX or standard Stryker?
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 02:11 PM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Elevon control rod mod. Is this for the UMX or standard Stryker?
Sorry.... Standard Stryker... grovey & I have been "chatting" on both threads, kind of forget which one I was on as I was responding.
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 02:15 PM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,989 Posts
Haha!
Thought I was missing something!!
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 02:40 PM
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
With the 4 flights I had with the micro Stryker she is my FAVORITE micro!!! Just slightly trailing her is my micro Corsair!

And I flew a long time before I finally did the mod, you are a better man than I. I'm so impatient I just wanna fly!!!!
I am the same, don't worry.

@SilentPilot

Yeah the bigger one sorry. With the big Stryker, the elevon horn if not fastened with a back plate, can come loose, resulting in a crash.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 08:29 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
My local field is only a Rugby pitch so I fly above the trees. Works fine, I do this with all my micros, only the Sbach worries me with its reports of bad Rx antenna placement...

How's everyone getting on with 3S in the Stryker? So far I'm only running the Beast 3D on 3S
T,

The UMX Sbach and the UM Stryker both use the AR6400NBL reciever.

I've toasted two recievers on my (3S) powered Stryker.

I currently have 50 (3S) powered flights on my Sbach.
(Charged to 12.0V)

-------------------------------

3S on the Beast 3D is another story.
I'm at 95 flights right now.
The first 40 flights were on 3S packs charged to 12.0V
My last 40 flights have been on fully charged 3S Hyp 180s.

No reports of 3S problems on the B3D at this time.

I'm very hopeful for the same results on the CC & MiG.


rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 11:49 PM
3D wing innovator
MikeRx's Avatar
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
T,

The UMX Sbach and the UM Stryker both use the AR6400NBL reciever.

I've toasted two recievers on my (3S) powered Stryker.

I currently have 50 (3S) powered flights on my Sbach.
(Charged to 12.0V)

-------------------------------

3S on the Beast 3D is another story.
I'm at 95 flights right now.
The first 40 flights were on 3S packs charged to 12.0V
My last 40 flights have been on fully charged 3S Hyp 180s.

No reports of 3S problems on the B3D at this time.

I'm very hopeful for the same results on the CC & MiG.


rc
Good report. I bet that beast is really fun!
MikeRx is online now Find More Posts by MikeRx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Build Service
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 08:20 AM
Commander4
United States, CA, Golden Hills
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Stryker Repair Heads Up!

I've had my Stryker 27Q 180 for a couple of months and have had several crashes due to having a small area to fly with lots of things to crash into. It seems like each time I had a minor accident, some more of the styrofoam would break off, and I would repair it with glue or tape and after a few repairs it was getting harder to fly. I spotted the repair parts on the HH website, and thought for $29 I would just buy a new fuse. When it arrived I began taking apart the old one to get the radio gear, motor and servos out, but found out everything is glued in at the factory, and some items can not be reused. If you buy a new fuse be sure to also order the right and left fins. I didn't, so I had to order them and wait again for them to arrive. To get all of the hardware out of the old fuse, you pretty much have to butcher the old one.
Commander4 is offline Find More Posts by Commander4
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 09:01 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander4 View Post
If you buy a new fuse be sure to also order the right and left fins. I didn't, so I had to order them and wait again for them to arrive. To get all of the hardware out of the old fuse, you pretty much have to butcher the old one.
Not sure why you cannot remove the old fins? It's foam and glue, and as you said, you have to butcher the old airframe anyway. Simply cut along the fins, leaving about a quarter inch of frame foam all around. Then, you simply slowly remove the extra foam with a knife or dremel. Very easy to do when you can hold the fins with the extra foam in your hand.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2012, 08:40 AM
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Crashed yesterday, nose first after a failed launch. Tore the nose a bit by the wing, I glued the tear, but now I have a nice skew nose, just like its bigger brother. Grrr

I am sure I am not the only one with a slightly beaten up plane right? Is it just me, or do I like my planes pristine. I know this is not a possibility for the most part, especially with foam planes, but it still pains me when I damage them. Wanting my plane perfect aside, I then wonder how these dents and dings will affect flight.

In this case, I am interested to how it will fly with a nose that is not straight.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Last edited by grovey; May 08, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2012, 09:22 AM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Crashed yesterday, nose first after a failed launch. Tore the nose a bit by the wing, I glued the tear, but now I have a nice skew nose, just like its bigger brother. Grrr

I am sure I am not the only one with a slightly beaten up plane right? Is it just me, or do I like my planes pristine. I know this is not a possibility for the most part, especially with foam planes, but it still pains me when I damage them. Wanting my plane perfect aside, I then wonder how these dents and dings will affect flight.

In this case, I am interested to how it will fly with a nose that is not straight.
Same here!!

My Stryker had a bent nose after a reglue. Looked quite bad but flew just fine.
I got another complete plane as I saw one on offer and it was cheaper than all the spares I needed for my entire fleet!

So now I have a mint Stryker again. For now!!!!!!!

ps, OT but I've just knocked the nose off my Sbach (again) it's gluing back together now as I type but I think another plane is in order, same reason as last time - I could do with another airframe and spares box topup
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2012, 10:29 AM
Registered User
UK, West Sussex, Chichester
Joined Aug 2008
179 Posts
Try a barbeque skewer as suggested by mrs ballores her idea works a treat and they are light weight
ballores is offline Find More Posts by ballores
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 02:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 05:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 11:02 AM