HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:59 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
FINALLY!!! My maiden flight after 6 weeks from the beginning, got her off a trade here in the Classifieds. Looooooong story, but GREAT customer service from HH as usual! After trouble shooting the setup they sent me a new servo as well as a new mother board free of charge! After getting her all back together today was the day. I was impatient so the conditions weren't ideal, temp 68F with winds 8-12mph. It was nice flying a miniature F27Q Stryker!!! She handled EXACTLY like her big brother!! Inverted Boomerangs were a blast! And my Elevator landing had her moving backwards instead of forwards! It looked pretty neat! She has the stock motor, 2S 240mAh Babbel Batt & a GWS 4040 prop. Can't wait to fly her in calm conditions. My side arm launch didn't go well & I see a few post up why. I didn't use full-throttle, was just shy of 75%. It was uneventful with a gentle landing in the grass. So I went with the overhand toss like I used to. Thanks for all the help & suggestions. She's set up for Air Brake & I'll try that next week, time to go to work.
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:51 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
FINALLY!!! My maiden flight after 6 weeks from the beginning, got her off a trade here in the Classifieds. Looooooong story, but GREAT customer service from HH as usual! After trouble shooting the setup they sent me a new servo as well as a new mother board free of charge! After getting her all back together today was the day. I was impatient so the conditions weren't ideal, temp 68F with winds 8-12mph. It was nice flying a miniature F27Q Stryker!!! She handled EXACTLY like her big brother!! Inverted Boomerangs were a blast! And my Elevator landing had her moving backwards instead of forwards! It looked pretty neat! She has the stock motor, 2S 240mAh Babbel Batt & a GWS 4040 prop. Can't wait to fly her in calm conditions. My side arm launch didn't go well & I see a few post up why. I didn't use full-throttle, was just shy of 75%. It was uneventful with a gentle landing in the grass. So I went with the overhand toss like I used to. Thanks for all the help & suggestions. She's set up for Air Brake & I'll try that next week, time to go to work.
Good times coco!

Once you get a feel for her, things will get easier.

Tear up the sky...UM style!

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:58 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,132 Posts
Stryker 3s!

Here is the last minute of flying on the maiden flight with the new motor and 3s.

The area filmed is about 200 ft long and drops into a 150ft long ditch about 10 feet down, which I took advantage of.
Ends with a full speed half-loop that elevators into a landing.
Top speed is limited with stock prop but there is twice the stock thrust to haul only 72.4 grams with 250mah 3s.
The best times will come on a calm day with a 4x4 prop...

MicroStrkyer3s (0 min 55 sec)
MikeRx is offline Find More Posts by MikeRx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MikeRx; Apr 06, 2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:17 AM
UK, West Sussex, Chichester
Joined Aug 2008
179 Posts
Tooo fassst for me, great job on the mods, I could turn that into styro snow in seconds!!.
ballores is offline Find More Posts by ballores
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:33 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx View Post
Here is the last minute of flying on the maiden flight with the new motor and 3s.

The area filmed is about 200 ft long and drops into a 150ft long ditch about 10 feet down, which I took advantage of.
Top speed is limited with stock prop but there is twice the stock thrust to haul only 72.4 grams with 250mah 3s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IGsj...ature=youtu.be
I fly some 150+ mph planes and watching that video scares me The UM Stryker is just stupid fast on 3s wow.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Apr 06, 2012, 02:05 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,132 Posts
I keep my nerves down with this one at high speed compared to the bigger pylon racers knowing that my crash is a $30 airframe, and it is not likely to harm something if it hit.
I really like how this one slows down.. it will go from zero groundspeed in a light headwind to full speed, and back to zero..in a flash.
At half throttle it flies identical to stock.
It is the first fast plane I can fly most anywhere with confidence.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Build Service
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:23 PM
Free crash course available!!!
United States, NJ, Mahwah
Joined Oct 2011
123 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IGsj...ature=youtu.be
Great flying!!! What was the mod done so that the ESC does not toast due to 3S battery?

Also, what 3s battery fits in the slot?
bs_sunil is offline Find More Posts by bs_sunil
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:42 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs_sunil View Post
Great flying!!! What was the mod done so that the ESC does not toast due to 3S battery?

Also, what 3s battery fits in the slot?
Thanks! Its all covered here..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624145
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:18 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Just checked your build site MikeRx, good stuff!!! Man if I had the time, & the guts, I would follow your steps!!! The big Stryker got me so hooked on speed!!! The micro will satisfy my addiction a bit, but your setup would put me at ease just like the full-size Stryker does!!! I like the look of the Carbon Fiber tape! Nice data as well!!! Have fun!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Last edited by rcoconut; Apr 07, 2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:22 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
Just checked your build site MikeRx, good stuff!!! Man if I had the time, & the guts, I would follow your steps!!! The big Stryker got me so hooked on speed!!! The micro will satisfy my addiction a bit, but your setup would put me at ease just like the full-size Stryker does!!! I like the look of the Carbon Fiber tape! Nice data as well!!! Have fun!!
Hey thanks! "Coverite" makes the carbon tape. As far as trim sheets go, this
stuff is pretty light. I found it when I was dressing my Stryker Q. Despite my liberal use of it, they weight gain is about 20% of the plastic parts it replaced.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:45 PM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,478 Posts
Will it fly different if the nose is a few degrees off center?
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:34 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,132 Posts
Here is more 3s play...
It was a bit turbulent, but it seems to lock into any kind of turn or loop I wish. This requires tuning that I will share later.
Slow, fast, it has a very wide speed range and extreme power to weight.
Not too fast but could be made faster.
Im gonna strap on a gopro to catch it all, hopefully not dealing with wind blowing off a low building behind me.
Sorry, hand held cell phone for now..

Parkzone Ultra Micro Stryker 3s!! (0 min 55 sec)

Parkzone Micro Stryker 3s! (0 min 42 sec)

Edit: its funny how this video quality is less after uploaded to You Tube. I hope my gopro footage is not as degraded.
If anyone has any tips, please msg me.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MikeRx; Apr 09, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:21 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromantis View Post
Plenty power, unlimited vertical.
The Thunder Power 2S 250mAh 25C battery fits perfect with 12-15 min flight times. My favorite daily bird.

Might Midget 13/6/9T
GWS 4540
1.5mm id, 3mm Collet
Stock Brick
TP 2S 250mAh 25C (fits perfect, no need to hog out fuse)
Cool! I missed this one.
Looking at the specs on this motor reveals superior efficiency over the Eflight and a cool 128 grams of thrust at 3.3A. It is "CS" instead of "T"..
http://www.microbrushless.com/productsG3f3p.htm

I believe the Eflight motor and 3.75x3" prop draws more than 3.3A with less than 100g thrust.

The MM is lighter too!
I didnt know they had this. Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Jul 2006
559 Posts
Quote:

I believe the Eflight motor and 3.75x3" prop draws more than 3.3A with less than 100g thrust.
Stock Eflight motor and prop draw only 2.7A with 100g thrust @ 17000rpm (static) and this is not so bad.
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:28 PM
a little kid at heart
Poulsbo, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
1,215 Posts
What's the range on this? Is it as far as i can see or? I have a Dx6i

Thanks,

Bill
poulsbobill is offline Find More Posts by poulsbobill