HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:24 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
with the upgraded prop how much faster is it.....

and with what battery....

btw....i love speed
I don't think anyone has done a definitive measurement. We're thinking around 60mph? Seems faster to me, but it's so tiny that would be logical. I'm sure it's no faster than 60 or so.

Above battery recommendation is excellent!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Mar 2011
196 Posts
The price had dropped from $149.99 to $129.99. I can fly My UM T-28 and have got everything down on it. I didn't really want this, but the brushed motor is decreasing its perforance every day, I'd like a brushless and I'm considering this since the price is sooo low now! Maybee they're going to re-release it in the E-flite Line of UMX's with AS3X. went to a monster truck show here in Nampa Idaho yesterday, and saw some RC planes flying and they had all the misros and I had my only little T-28 flying up with them. Lots of fun flying with other people, first time flying with others.
Dittsboylogan is offline Find More Posts by Dittsboylogan
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:06 PM
United States, PA, York
Joined Apr 2006
54 Posts
[QUOTE=rcoconut;21066129]Found a great post by a fellow Radian Pro owner that worked PERFECT!!! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...13&postcount=1 BUT I didn't pay attention to the right vertical fin while I was holding her over the boiling water!! The vertical fin got totalled, LOL, warped way beyond repair!! BUT, the AIL & wing tip came out perfect, not bad for my first try fixing foam!! ............

So did the right vertical fin get in the water and that's what caused the warp?
Phil
PLLarose is offline Find More Posts by PLLarose
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:48 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLLarose View Post
So did the right vertical fin get in the water and that's what caused the warp?
Phil
Nah, I used a large pasta pot to boil the water, holding her inverted with the right wing over the steam the fin was getting all the heat from the side of the pot as well as a bit of the flame (had the burner on high & didn't realize there was part of the flame going up along the side of the pot!) As I'm thinking of my mistake I should've tried the wet towel/blow dryer method?? Oh well, no drama, new fin on the way so she'll be better than new with all the fixings complete. And already saw the $129 price! I'm trying to refrain from purchasing a new one......
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:23 PM
UK, West Sussex, Chichester
Joined Aug 2008
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballores View Post
How slow can a Stryker go as my fingers are itchy and my flying buddy is away!
Couldn't resist turned the rates down and had a go very successful, didn't go above 1/2 throttle , it's a very busy plane and was glad when the timer went off, my first proper go with elevons so I am quite pleased with myself, no crashes .
I would still consider myself a beginner as I only bought my first RET powered glider a couple of weeks ago, but I took to the Stryker like a duck to water.
Am now flying on high rates and WOT,
A quick question if I were to cut the wings back to the strake line what effect do you think it would have? As I like tiny planes and would like to transport it in a rucksack, bought another for 25 as he keeps crashing , would love to put the guts in an air hogs f18 as smaller is more beautiful IMHO . Any thoughts
ballores is offline Find More Posts by ballores
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:37 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
You would essentially be cutting off the horizontal stabilizer of the airplane, as well as sacrificing the elevons with the most leverage/control. Youd lose pitch stability, itd be not good.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Aug 2008
179 Posts
Thought that would be the case, tis a twitchy bugger, will get a bigger rucksack ;-) but I do have plans for an xpv rad as they fit nicely, will have to tap up modfly for his thoughts!!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:11 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittsboylogan View Post
The price had dropped from $149.99 to $129.99. I can fly My UM T-28 and have got everything down on it. I didn't really want this, but the brushed motor is decreasing its perforance every day, I'd like a brushless and I'm considering this since the price is sooo low now! Maybee they're going to re-release it in the E-flite Line of UMX's with AS3X. went to a monster truck show here in Nampa Idaho yesterday, and saw some RC planes flying and they had all the misros and I had my only little T-28 flying up with them. Lots of fun flying with other people, first time flying with others.
I love this new price!
and bro, Parkzone does not need Eflite, they have there own line of UM and now coming with AS3X for only 100bucks
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...rodID=PKZU2180
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:08 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
It cant be a umx, the stryker has always been a parkzone airplane. Maybe theyre making room for an um f-27x with as3x?
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:39 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,610 Posts
I am sure I can't be the only one that has crashed their UM F-27q Stryker more than once and with some gorilla glue it's pretty much good as new but after a while the front is more glue than foam. LOL

Plus with the broken nose it's not as straight as it used to be.
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Aug 2008
179 Posts
Found out why he sold it to me for 25 had epoxy on the little servo keeper, sorted now wondered what's the best way to hold down the servo's ie what glue? Any thoughts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:09 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Found out why he sold it to me for 25 had epoxy on the little servo keeper, sorted now wondered what's the best way to hold down the servo's ie what glue? Any thoughts
CA or UHU Por.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Aug 2008
179 Posts
I have uhu por was just worried about it getting on the electronics, I will just let it dry overnight then .
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:06 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,935 Posts
Quote:
I have uhu por was just worried about it getting on the electronics, I will just let it dry overnight then .
I'm confused. Are you talking about the red servo covers?
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:20 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,113 Posts
I think he means to stick a servo onto the wing...
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8