Due late Aug. can't wait!
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:20 AM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Sep 2001
718 Posts
And I thought my wallet was going to have a break... Then here comes another "must have"!!
joemi is offline Find More Posts by joemi
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:22 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,930 Posts
Chuck - Thanks again for the great video and info on the new Stryker, much appreciated. This is a must buy for me.

How does it compare in speed with the Beast and SBach?
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2011, 05:00 AM
Wanaka, NZ
Joined Mar 2009
601 Posts
love the new PZ releases.

Not sure about the videos.
Can i make some constructive feedback.

Any YT video particularly reviews should be no more than 3-4 minutes long. Studies have shown that the watchers drop off significantly after that time. and that many wont even start watching a video that is more than that length. so keep in short and to the point.

And you REALLY need to find a meaningful way to video UM planes in flight or don't even bother. a couple of minutes of an insect sized plane buzzing around after dark doesn't really show us anything.

Given that Chuck is the first person in the world to lay his hands on these it would be nice to get meaningful videos that are watchable

no offence.
qman is offline Find More Posts by qman
Old Jul 28, 2011, 05:18 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,426 Posts
Love it love it love it

Transport and storage is an important consideration for me.

Hope that's addressed on Chuck's vid.
pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jul 28, 2011, 05:20 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post

Any YT video particularly reviews should be no more than 3-4 minutes long. Studies have shown that the watchers drop off significantly after that time. and that many wont even start watching a video that is more than that length. so keep in short and to the point.

And you REALLY need to find a meaningful way to video UM planes in flight or don't even bother. a couple of minutes of an insect sized plane buzzing around after dark doesn't really show us anything.

Given that Chuck is the first person in the world to lay his hands on these it would be nice to get meaningful videos that are watchable

no offence.
I would disagree. For these types of reviews I think most want longer videos with more details. These are really targetted at the RC community, not the Youtube masses that want to see the latest 30 second funny cat video. I very much doubt any of Chuck's viewers skip a video of a new product because the videos is over 4 minutes long, if anything I bet most subscribers want longer videos. If this was a promotional video from the seller then I would agree, but that isn't what these are. If that is what you are interested in, watch the videos from Parkzone, etc.

Could Chuck's flying videos be better? Sure, but considering he is mostly doing these as a one man crew I can live with the quality. It isn't as if this is a paid job for him or an official product video from the manufacturer. I'd sooner watch Chuck's videos as is than only having the marketing videos from the seller to go from. Chuck tries to provide a more hands on review as a fellow RC hobbyist.

Chuck - As a suggestion for the flying videos you may want to look at one of these to use as a hat cam - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362692
I use mine a great deal and fine it does a pretty good job overall with tracking the plane with it velcroed to my hat, and doesn't have a lot of the shakey motion in some of your videos (which may just be a result of the zoom). I find after a few uses you can get pretty good at having it pointed in the proper direction to keep the plane in frame. Can see my Youtube channel for a number of examples. http://www.youtube.com/user/schooner2000?feature=mhee
Site Sponsor
Last edited by flitelab; Jul 28, 2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 05:20 AM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,023 Posts
Thanks to this new release by HH the picture below will be my new flightline gear for JR Fest this year!
edge_pilot is offline Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by edge_pilot; May 01, 2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:14 AM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
SKORE!@! Love the strykers!!
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:37 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,665 Posts
Maybe it's been said before, but glad to see that they finally realized that servo covers were not a bad thing. I have them on my Beast's and Sbach's and see no change in flight characteristics with quite some added confidence in longevity of the servo's. Wonder if they will market them separately?
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:42 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Maybe it's been said before, but glad to see that they finally realized that servo covers were not a bad thing. I have them on my Beast's and Sbach's and see no change in flight characteristics with quite some added confidence in longevity of the servo's. Wonder if they will market them separately?
Yes.

Servo Cover Set: UM F-27 Stryker
$5.99 [PKZU2253]

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Rel...g&SubCategory=
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:45 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,450 Posts
You know me Chuck, so here's the first techical questions:

Battery bay size? (so we can start to make our own pack or make sure our old ones fit, particularly the 240mah)

200mah battery size? (out of curiosity but also to see if it fit in UMXs)

Are they new horns? (look a bit thicker which, in my book, would be an asset. If they are thicker, could they be used in previous airplanes, like UMXs)

Can you adjust servos with clevis?

Can you provide pictures of the inside? (Very easy to open the big one, only one screw get access to receiver and ESC)

How are the ailerons attached? (Tape, foam? close up picture please?)

Give me a few more minutes, and I'll have a few more! Sorry for all the work, you're the best!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:54 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post

no offence.
Hmmm, not sure how he could make any shorter. There's nothing I would cut out of this video. All information provided is absolutely awesome and valuable for use (heck, there's not even enough close up for me). You're right that the flight video is not the greatest, but you'll find way worst in after release on youtube! Chuck is simply giving us his maiden (and he never flew a Stryker) and we get his feeling live, and that's what he is good at (nothing worst than flying a brand new airplane, that you never saw fly before). We know the guy, we know how he can fly, and in my book, he is selling more airplanes that way, than those polished "best cuts" video from Horizon. I'm sure Quique will come out with a truly awesome video soon, that's their job. But Chuck is really giving us the feeling. No matter what, it does look like the big brother a lot, so what most pilots will see, is simply a dot in the air anyway!

Chuck: Little warning on your next flights... The rudders are dangerous in flat turns on the big bro without a mix. Be careful. You'll have to learn spins now!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:02 AM
Joined May 2011
420 Posts
Looks very nice, but I only payed $20 more for the full one, I'm not sure I can afford putting that much money in a smaller version of the same. For people with not enough space to fly the full one it is amazing though.
PepeM is offline Find More Posts by PepeM
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:05 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,988 Posts
Yeah I'll probably get one. Then I can have a mini for when I can't get to the field and in the winter. Can't wait for it!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:09 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeM View Post
Looks very nice, but I only payed $20 more for the full one, I'm not sure I can afford putting that much money in a smaller version of the same. For people with not enough space to fly the full one it is amazing though.
I don't think smaller means cheaper in this case. It really comes down to what best suits your needs and flying area. You can buy lots of park flyer size planes as cheap or cheaper than UMs in many cases and these new brushless ones are all a bit more expensize but I think worth the cost for those that have a small field near their home as you can get more flying time out of them long term. I don't mind the price considering what they are offerring now in these new models.

Plus this is $159 vs $249 for comparable BNF versions, so not really only $20 more.
Site Sponsor