SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:17 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Again... guys... I know this and agree and take advantage of this information regularly when charging. This was not my issue.
I understand completely believe me and as I posted this has been clobered to death for years and years and years. Some of us do in fact conduct test and take measurements. I do not post hear say.

From years ago way before balancing cells in series was even considered and there were very few LiPoly chargers much less balancing chargers and yes I know balancing is not an issue with 1S batteries.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...19&postcount=1

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
I understand completely believe me and as I posted this has been clobered to death for years and years and years. Some of us do in fact conduct test and take measurements. I do not post hear say.

From years ago way before balancing cells in series was even considered and there were very few LiPoly chargers much less balancing chargers and yes I know balancing is not an issue with 1S batteries.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...19&postcount=1

Charles
nevermind...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:21 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,726 Posts
Quote:
OK... so I'm supposed to stop talking about this?? But obviously not you...
Not at all I was merely pointing out that B & C Forum would be a more proper forum and that IMO all this has been covered many times.

Plus my posted link which you quoted was a responce to RCB.

Charles
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:46 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Does 60 or close with the 4040 prop and a good battery.
Great and rpughly how fast 0-60??? Is there any way to test this? Like a dippler test or something??
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Great and rpughly how fast 0-60??? Is there any way to test this? Like a dippler test or something??
Oh... you were serious... that I can't answer. Usually when something approaches its max speed its speed curve becomes somewhat asymptotic. So I think you may be disappointed.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:43 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,726 Posts
Quote:
Great and roughly how fast 0-60???
With the right catapult about 1/2 second I would guess but then it may slow down until the prop stops caveatting..
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:39 PM
220 221 Whatever it takes
USA, IL, Belleville
Joined Dec 2009
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post

I use my lipo checker, which can also balance, and made a small adapter that can balance three UMX batteries. So if I suspect one battery is too much off, I plug three of them, and let the lipo tester bring them to the same level. I can then parallel charge them while knowing they do start at the same level.
Would you have a part # on that? I didn't see it on HK website. Thanks

OOPS nevermind finally found it and guess what???......OUT OF STOCK!!

Oh well I will backorder one and wait for it. Not a must have for tonite.
captdave221 is offline Find More Posts by captdave221
Last edited by captdave221; Jan 15, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:20 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Finally got my Stryker up and running with the servo reverser, worked great and she is up and like new. I have the 4040 on her now but may switch back with all these reports about launch issues, I launched it fine with the stock prop.

I don't know how you guys fly these UM's in winds above 5mph, I can make it move around the sky but it is not fun. It is more oh craps than that was sweet! Maybe my skills are just not there or something but I DO NOT enjoy it right now.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:45 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captdave221 View Post
Would you have a part # on that? I didn't see it on HK website. Thanks

OOPS nevermind finally found it and guess what???......OUT OF STOCK!!

Oh well I will backorder one and wait for it. Not a must have for tonite.
The Lipo battery tester is from HK, but the fancy (ugly) connector for the UMX batteries is homemade... I've seen a few testers of those so far, and all of them were very accurate. Balancing take a long time, but it's still a plus for such a small device.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:57 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Finally got my Stryker up and running with the servo reverser, worked great and she is up and like new. I have the 4040 on her now but may switch back with all these reports about launch issues, I launched it fine with the stock prop.

I don't know how you guys fly these UM's in winds above 5mph, I can make it move around the sky but it is not fun. It is more oh craps than that was sweet! Maybe my skills are just not there or something but I DO NOT enjoy it right now.
IM,

4040 & wing toss launch.

Non-issue.
Simple as pie.
1/2~3/4 throttle.
To me it's easier to launch with the 4040 because she loses no altitude.
Moves out with authority.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:52 PM
Free crash course available!!!
United States, NJ, Mahwah
Joined Oct 2011
123 Posts
Here is one of my home assembled 2S 240 mah hyperion batteries. Got 4 of them from Quantum hobby and completed. The ready-to-use batteries are out of stock, so had to settle for this. Easy to assemble. If you are making your own, don't always go by the wire color of the connector (Red may not be +ve and Black may not be -ve). The support from Quantum Hobby was indeed very pleasing who explained very clearly what was wrong in the wiring.
bs_sunil is offline Find More Posts by bs_sunil
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:06 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,813 Posts
That is a really neat charger.
Flew my big stryker today might have to try the smaller one thought about it a few times, Now I know why my father didn't take me up on my offer for the big boy he wanted the lil one.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:30 AM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jun 2010
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Ooops, looks like I've opened a can of worms
I think I brought out the can....

Charles
ccpdx is online now Find More Posts by ccpdx
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:46 AM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jun 2010
481 Posts
I fast charge individual batteries at the field, but when I'm at a park where I don't have a good table to work on, or if the weather is a little bit drizzley, it's nice to just have a few batteries ready to go. That's especially true of smaller planes like the Stryker 180.

Charles
ccpdx is online now Find More Posts by ccpdx
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:02 AM
what goes up must be good
Joined Feb 2009
61 Posts
Tried the rudder brake mod (rudders deflect inwards 50%) in flight and as many people have said, it makes next to no difference! However, I think the rudder differentials improve the stability of the rudder response, it seems to get less of a secondary roll response with rudder input this way. I would therefore recommend this mod, I had it so the rudder inside the turn moves 20% less than the one outside the turn.

Happy flying!
onelastflight is online now Find More Posts by onelastflight