Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:03 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post
Um Hance, is that your back yard!!! How much for a room to rent?? Damn that's a beautiful back yard man.......
Yeah, you may not have much air in Idaho, but you sure do have space!

Seeing your flight envelope (10 miles wide x ??? miles long) helps me understand how some guys can say they fly their big Strykers at WOT all the time -- and they still want to go even faster!!!

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:09 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post
Um Hance, is that your back yard!!! How much for a room to rent?? Damn that's a beautiful back yard man. You are luck!!!

Oh, thanks for posting the vid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Yeah, you may not have much air in Idaho, but you sure do have space!

Seeing your flight envelope (10 miles wide x ??? miles long) helps me understand how some guys can say they fly their big Strykers at WOT all the time -- and they still want to go even faster!!!

Yeah thats my backyard. I was all of 10 feet from the back door when I launched the plane.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:38 PM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
Yeah thats my backyard. I was all of 10 feet from the back door when I launched the plane.
You suck!!!
SBOTI74 is offline Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:19 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
i think you need elevons selected

cheers chuck
Im TALKING RUDDERS My Elevons are Fine. and In Fact it has gotten worse
I unpluged the Rudder Port and plugged it back in and now they won`t work at all. I thought OH NO! i wrecked one of the wires. But i unplugged a elevon and plugged the rudder into the port and they Both worked but in the exact same Manner. I put it all Back together the way it was but still no rudder function.
I may have to get a New board Since the Airframe is damaged....now i know why
Here i was trying Boomerangs and Knife edges and what not with rudders not working Properly hopefully i can at least get a Board.....Maybe HH will take pitty on me and i get a brand new one.
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:30 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Im TALKING RUDDERS My Elevons are Fine. and In Fact it has gotten worse
I unpluged the Rudder Port and plugged it back in and now they won`t work at all. I thought OH NO! i wrecked one of the wires. But i unplugged a elevon and plugged the rudder into the port and they Both worked but in the exact same Manner. I put it all Back together the way it was but still no rudder function.
I may have to get a New board Since the Airframe is damaged....now i know why
Here i was trying Boomerangs and Knife edges and what not with rudders not working Properly hopefully i can at least get a Board.....Maybe HH will take pitty on me and i get a brand new one.
I have the same problem. Mine got stuck in a tree overnight sometime back and the battery ran down. It did something to the programming I guess. Somebody gave me programming instructions, but I can't find them right now. I've been too distracted with my Slick 51 and flying the Stryker without rudders (and WITH air-brakes) is fun enough anyway. Someday I'll figure out how to fix it.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:28 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,971 Posts
Did you go inside and swap the servos for the DX6i by any chance? Sounds to me like you've swapped one of the rudders by mistake!

Sorry, my bad - missed an entire page. Thought I was replying to the post at the bottom of page 159...
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SilentPilot; Oct 22, 2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Missed an entire page!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:19 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Really was comtemplating selling this thing as it is soooooo darn fast. Took it out again and it was a blast! I think one of my elevon servos was coming loose to boot. Got that sorted out and it flew great! Still screamed out of a dive and was great! I kept launching it and spinning it down.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:26 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Really was comtemplating selling this thing as it is soooooo darn fast. Took it out again and it was a blast! I think one of my elevon servos was coming loose to boot. Got that sorted out and it flew great! Still screamed out of a dive and was great! I kept launching it and spinning it down.
Put Hyperion batts in it and a 4040 prop AND "the mix". You'll really have your hands full. I forgot as I was flying my Slick 51 exclusively for the last few weeks. Flew the Stryker again and holy cr@p! I think it's faster than the Slick in absolute mph terms!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:44 PM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,475 Posts
I had one quick flight on mine today in about a ten mph wind. It was a blast. I was so disappointed at the lack of speed when I first got it but a simple prop swap and I love the thing.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:48 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Well i went and Purchased another Stryker. I am having problems with this ne in the "Climbing Dept" i get it flying level at half throttle and then when i punch it it goes into big loops.
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:57 PM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,475 Posts
Quote:
Well i went and Purchased another Stryker. I am having problems with this ne in the "Climbing Dept" i get it flying level at half throttle and then when i punch it it goes into big loops.
Sounds like a thrust angle issue to me. You need more down thrust. I would try and adjust in a little down thrust somehow. Don't have mine handy to give you an idea how to do it. Down thrust on a pusher is motor pointed down more. It's works the same as on a puller plane. Get it set perfect and the plane will just go faster and not change pitch at all. An easier way to do it would be to mix in some down elevator to throttle on your radio. That creates drag and costs you some speed though.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:52 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6,970 Posts
Quote:
What Hance said. But could be nose-heavy too. Counter-intuitive, but see past discussions. It makes sense.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:02 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Has anyone screwed the motor in? HAving trouble, the outrunner is so wide it makes getting a screwdriver right on top of the screws difficult
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:11 AM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Got small prob I never noticed this Before but both my Rudders are opposite of each other so they 'Open" and Close" instead of doing right and Left.

Better explanation If the left rudder goes Left the right goes right and Vice Versa. How do i correct this?
I am using a DX6I and V-Tail is INH

Mal
elevons selected for wing type, and rudders selected as dual rudders.

casey
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
Old Oct 24, 2011, 03:31 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,971 Posts
I selected dual rudders for mine but try as I might I cant seem to mix them to open and close. I would like this function to act as airbrakes but it seems like it's not possible due to them being linked on a Y lead...
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8