Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:53 AM
Registered User
Kenn2ns's Avatar
Harwinton, Connecticut
Joined Apr 2007
62 Posts
Hop-Ups

Has anyone experimented with trying to squeeze more speed out it their UM Stryker?

I wanna go fast...
Kenn2ns is offline Find More Posts by Kenn2ns
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:03 AM
I fly em', there for I am.
SBOTI74's Avatar
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn2ns View Post
Has anyone experimented with trying to squeeze more speed out it their UM Stryker?

I wanna go fast...
Hell ya. Babbel Batteries and a 4040 prop is the ticket
SBOTI74 is offline Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:20 AM
Registered User
Kenn2ns's Avatar
Harwinton, Connecticut
Joined Apr 2007
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post
Hell ya. Babbel Batteries and a 4040 prop is the ticket

I see that he posts on here regularly. Is there a website to order from? I see he also sells the 1S Batts for UMs. My mustang could use a little boost as well!
Kenn2ns is offline Find More Posts by Kenn2ns
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:27 PM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,144 Posts
Give him a PM!

He's sorting me out and I'm in your 51st State
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:43 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
don`t know if this is a Saftey thing or if it was a "Fluke"
No fluke, it's in the promo stuff that it has a cut off feature to protect the esc and motor if the prop gets jammed
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:08 PM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Greensborough
Joined Mar 2011
10 Posts
Gday again guys,

Finally got to maiden the F27 this morning, what a thrill! This is the first of this type of plane I have flown (previously a few other parkzone 4 channel UM's and some other cheap foamies) and I must say it had my heart racing!

I used parkzones recommended launch method and failed the first time, but I think I was just too eager to get the power on. The 5 or six subsequent launches worked well. I found (for me anyway) that a good solid toss into a slight up angle gives you plenty of glide time to slowly wind up the power and get the wings level.

Anyhow as a newby to this sort of flying I dont have much to offer what is an awsome thread but I have just gotten home and am still so excited I had to share! Better go charge my batts and get ready for some more!!
sarmstrong is offline Find More Posts by sarmstrong
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:04 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmstrong View Post
Gday again guys,

Finally got to maiden the F27 this morning, what a thrill! This is the first of this type of plane I have flown (previously a few other parkzone 4 channel UM's and some other cheap foamies) and I must say it had my heart racing!

I used parkzones recommended launch method and failed the first time, but I think I was just too eager to get the power on. The 5 or six subsequent launches worked well. I found (for me anyway) that a good solid toss into a slight up angle gives you plenty of glide time to slowly wind up the power and get the wings level.

Anyhow as a newby to this sort of flying I dont have much to offer what is an awsome thread but I have just gotten home and am still so excited I had to share! Better go charge my batts and get ready for some more!!
Welcome aboard! But change this: "Better go charge my batts and get ready for some more!!" to "Better go buy more batts and get ready for some longer flying session!!" (or start charging in the field!). This airplane is addictive!
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:43 PM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Greensborough
Joined Mar 2011
10 Posts
Cheers Gambler. Yeah I had two fresh stock packs at the park which weren't enough! I'll have to get some more I reckon! LOVE this plane!
sarmstrong is offline Find More Posts by sarmstrong
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:44 PM
Registered User
kushal_22's Avatar
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Make sure to get the Hyperion Batts i know i`m ordering a wack of them
ASAP

MAl
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:40 PM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Make sure to get the Hyperion Batts i know i`m ordering a wack of them
ASAP

MAl
the Miniaviation 210mAh 2s batts are just as good as the hyps and you get 2 delivered for $30 Plus! they have the right plugs fitted

cheers chuck

http://miniaviation.com/index.html
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:43 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
Hance's Avatar
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Geez I "Miss Launched Only once because i got Careless and the prop actually STOPPED. I had to throttle down and then it re-armed don`t know if this is a Saftey thing or if it was a "Fluke" throttle this baby up and give it a good chuck with a good follow through. with a Plane like this I don`t mind if i get a Nip every 1000th throw
I just built a bungee launcher for the the Demon its not so scary now. Its not that I am worried about getting bit by the prop I was scared of smacking the ground with it twenty feet out of my hand which happened more than once. There is no air up here in Idaho.

Ritewing Demon Bungee (1 min 3 sec)




On topic the 4X4 props work great on the UM Stryker. I was ready to sell mine after the first flight with the stock prop. I was extremely disappointed in the performance of it. With the 4x4 its a totally different plane. Flies great.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:26 PM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Having trouble mounting the motor, anything better than a really small screwdriver?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:41 PM
Registered User
kushal_22's Avatar
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Got small prob I never noticed this Before but both my Rudders are opposite of each other so they 'Open" and Close" instead of doing right and Left.

Better explanation If the left rudder goes Left the right goes right and Vice Versa. How do i correct this?
I am using a DX6I and V-Tail is INH

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:50 PM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Got small prob I never noticed this Before but both my Rudders are opposite of each other so they 'Open" and Close" instead of doing right and Left.

Better explanation If the left rudder goes Left the right goes right and Vice Versa. How do i correct this?
I am using a DX6I and V-Tail is INH

Mal
i think you need elevons selected

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:42 PM
I fly em', there for I am.
SBOTI74's Avatar
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
I just built a bungee launcher for the the Demon its not so scary now. Its not that I am worried about getting bit by the prop I was scared of smacking the ground with it twenty feet out of my hand which happened more than once. There is no air up here in Idaho.

On topic the 4X4 props work great on the UM Stryker. I was ready to sell mine after the first flight with the stock prop. I was extremely disappointed in the performance of it. With the 4x4 its a totally different plane. Flies great.
Um Hance, is that your back yard!!! How much for a room to rent?? Damn that's a beautiful back yard man. You are luck!!!


Oh, thanks for posting the vid.
SBOTI74 is offline Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 02:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 05:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 11:02 AM