HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:35 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDEVO8 View Post
where do you guys get them?
I got mine at my LHS. Most mail order places that carry GWS props should have them too.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:38 PM
Joined Apr 2004
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I got mine at my LHS. Most mail order places that carry GWS props should have them too.
thanks. Mine does not have any instock. I have to find some online. I think I found them but they were orange? They dont have a push / pull version right? Just one 4040 prop?
AWDEVO8 is offline Find More Posts by AWDEVO8
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:45 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,858 Posts
Quote:
thanks. Mine does not have any instock. I have to find some online. I think I found them but they were orange? They dont have a push / pull version right? Just one 4040 prop?
Yeah... mine were orange. Oh well... you can find black ones too, but I didn't want to wait for a special order. Right... push/pull doesn't matter.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:10 PM
will fly for food
United States, CA, Ben Lomond
Joined Mar 2011
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickythekick View Post
I'm talking about the one that comes in the box with the Stryker um. All I got was the celectra and a dumb cord with banana clips to hook up to my car battery.... Doesn't seem very practical. I do however have wall adapters from OTHER electronics that will fit.... Do I dare?
I use the ac adapter from my Blade SR charger w/ the stock F27 charger and it works great. I've been using this setup for my Beast batteries for months.
wavekatcher is online now Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:44 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
I had to Clip my wingtips down they were getting Soft and Flimsy and was making mine turn hard t the right cause it was curving up at the end
I was still trying to get mine balanced and flying right hadn`t even got to trying Boomerangs yet
I got it flying leve and decent after wingtip removal hopefully now i can start trying some Rangs
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Oct 14, 2011, 05:46 AM
Australia, VIC, Greensborough
Joined Mar 2011
10 Posts
G'day all,

I'm new to this thread so I apologies if this has been mentioned already but I am having trouble setting this plane up with my dx6i.
I have it bound but cannot get the elevons working properly. I have activated elevons and reversed the aileron channel on the transmitter and then swapped the elevator and aileron leads over on the receiver, as the manual revision instructed, but the ailerons still operate in the incorrect sense! I'm probably missing something very simple but this is my first aircraft with elevons.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.
sarmstrong is offline Find More Posts by sarmstrong
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:51 AM
Joined Sep 2011
57 Posts
I'm having so much fun with my 180! there is no better feeling than throwing it, powering the throttle, and pulling it up a foot from the ground.... SO much power . Are there any guides as to how to do the flatspin landing?
kickythekick is offline Find More Posts by kickythekick
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:53 AM
Joined Sep 2011
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
I use the ac adapter from my Blade SR charger w/ the stock F27 charger and it works great. I've been using this setup for my Beast batteries for months.
I'm using an adapter from my old Internet router... Works great, thanks.
kickythekick is offline Find More Posts by kickythekick
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:21 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
TeeJayBee, nice pics! Congrats on the maiden

Quote:
GWS does make the props in black as well, but they are hard to find. I usually just get the orange ones and spraypaint them black. There isn't a push versus pull version for any prop, just make sure the prop lettering always faces forward even if it's on a pusher like the Stryker. Most planes will still fly with the prop mounted backwards, but you only get about half the thrust. If you ever see someone post "my new plane barely flies, what's wrong with it?" then they've probably got their prop on backwards
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:42 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmstrong View Post
G'day all,

I'm new to this thread so I apologies if this has been mentioned already but I am having trouble setting this plane up with my dx6i.
I have it bound but cannot get the elevons working properly. I have activated elevons and reversed the aileron channel on the transmitter and then swapped the elevator and aileron leads over on the receiver, as the manual revision instructed, but the ailerons still operate in the incorrect sense! I'm probably missing something very simple but this is my first aircraft with elevons.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.
G'day Sport!

You need to reverse the Elevator channel not Aileron, you are correct to go in an swap the servo wires for the DX6i but I'm sure you have reversed the wrong one...
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:59 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,970 Posts
Hey guys I'm wanting to go into the fus to swap the servos over so I can use my DX6i. Will it still work with my DX8 when they are swapped if I use the Elevon B Setting?
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:28 PM
Joined Apr 2004
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright View Post

GWS does make the props in black as well, but they are hard to find. I usually just get the orange ones and spraypaint them black. There isn't a push versus pull version for any prop, just make sure the prop lettering always faces forward even if it's on a pusher like the Stryker. Most planes will still fly with the prop mounted backwards, but you only get about half the thrust. If you ever see someone post "my new plane barely flies, what's wrong with it?" then they've probably got their prop on backwards
great!
AWDEVO8 is offline Find More Posts by AWDEVO8
Old Oct 15, 2011, 03:19 AM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright View Post
Thanks

I finally got the camera and TX fitted as well as a battery to power them seperately, ran some video tests and recorded a little bit for you

I just hope she doesn't fly like a brick now

Her claimed weight without battery is 60g, her weight with battery and the fpv stuff is 87.4g

This is night time footage from the 1g nano camera recorder with a Neuro MP4 recorder (not a great recorder)
Stryker Cam Test (1 min 10 sec)
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:59 AM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,043 Posts
I would put the video TX and battery on the "fuse" because on the side it doesnt fly as well (i tried ;p)
also you can use a smaller battery pack, like a 120 to 160 mah 1s mini batt from other UMs, it has the advantage to be space efficient and can be put on the fuse easily too
Last thing, the area where your JST wire goes through is rather weak. I wanted to do that too and have the battery undernearth, well, this is one of the places where the stryker breaks if you crash (or have "not so good landings" many times in a row) so make sure you reinforce it

looking good otherwise! regardless my remarks, it will still fly mostly fine if the CG is correct
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:39 AM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,043 Posts
Here's some of my UMs for comparison.
The Strykers have a lot of flights so they're a little taped up

Stryker1:
TX on top of ESC, small antenna, battery goes at the rear, CG is good.

Stryker2:
TX on top of the ESC, big antenna, this causes lines from the ESC interferences, so the TX is fully shielded by hand (this removes the lines perfectly). This is done by wrapping it into aluminum rolls (wrap both top AND bottom)
Battery is at the same location as Stryker1. Cg is also perfect.
I lost the canopy during a windy day, and the nano cam needs some cover otherwise the sun gets in the back of the sensor, hence the extra tape ;-)

Slightly off topic - Hand made wing:

As I am now flying the Stryker with a HD camera onboard, while my CG is proper and it flies decently, its not easy to install and not very aerodynamic. Thus I designed a new wing.

It currently has a rought KFM2 profile and runs off 1S, not 2S. Note how much counter weight I have in the nose :-)
It flies well, but a tad slow. I expect that with a 2S it'll be almost as fast as the stryker - and it can carry the HD cam without a single issue.
I might CNC cut it with a real profile later on. In fact, I'm thinking about finding some guys to sell it premade (with micro HD fpv gear) and distribute free plans, or whatever works. I find it really cool for starting FPV, and its cheap and flies anywhere too.
It's about the size of the stryker, slightly wider, slightly smaller,and of course cannot do boomerangs. Oh yeah, the 2 onboard servos are there to experiment head tracking (pan only). I need a real good mechanism that wont break tho.
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp