Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:13 PM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbarnett View Post
Hi All,

If anyone has any problems with the MA cells, drop us an email. Like any supplier we can have a few cells that can cause an issue. But we always try our best to rectify any problems you guys may have.

Some of the newer UM craft are a bit much for the old 180mah 15C cells. I specced out these cells 2 years ago when we had the Cessna and the Edge. The 25C Hyps were certainly a better cell and as you'd expect would live longer with the higher loads of the newer planes.
My problems were with the MA 180's and older Horizon Micros,,, P-51, 4 site, Sukoi, MSR, etc.
PM sent
rsmheli is offline Find More Posts by rsmheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:13 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
There's only 3 plug's not sure which ones but it gives me a start and at least I know I am not crazy or should I say crazier. Thanks!
Sorry... my bad... OK... so on page 9 of the instructions it gives instructions to reverse the elevator. But instead you need to reverse the Aileron. No plug re-switching involved.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:09 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Sorry... my bad... OK... so on page 9 of the instructions it gives instructions to reverse the elevator. But instead you need to reverse the Aileron. No plug re-switching involved.
It's all good figured it out but kind of did it old shool. Found out what lead went to what servo and so on. Horizon put out a bulliten on it. http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...dum_083111.pdf
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:05 AM
Joined Oct 2009
129 Posts
Deleted
DangerDave is offline Find More Posts by DangerDave
Last edited by DangerDave; Jan 31, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 08:35 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,611 Posts
Why did horizen use a different plug
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Oct 09, 2011, 08:51 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Why did horizen use a different plug
4 possibilities:

1- Because that's the one the design engineer had on his desk when they put the first prototype together!

2- Because somebody made a mistake when they did the Bill Of Material for the assembly line, and got the wrong part number. Once ordered, they went ahead with that part.

3- They wanted to make it a bit harder on us to get third party batteries, though we all know that it won't work.

4- They looked at lots of connectors, and found out that only that one could carry the current, was light enough, easy to use, allow for balancing, and had the minimum number of insertions high enough to meet their need. (I was kidding about option 1 to 3... Option 4 is probably (or hopefully) the real reason )
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 09, 2011, 09:14 AM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Well I have knocked the nose off the stryker 4 times now. I just glue it back on...but man, it really is a weak point. I don't think I can land it any slower. I don't know how to do the pancake landing.
Kaw1000 is online now Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Old Oct 09, 2011, 09:17 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,279 Posts
With the battery forward you will need some wind to pancake land

mine lands fine, just flare it at the last second.
rcpilot23 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot23
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:26 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000 View Post
Well I have knocked the nose off the stryker 4 times now. I just glue it back on...but man, it really is a weak point. I don't think I can land it any slower. I don't know how to do the pancake landing.
Are you using full rates? If not, that's your problem! Because otherwise, it's only a question of going full elevators. Just kill the throttle while you're about 20ft in the air, let it slow down and progressively add elevator to keep the nose slightly up. Basically, you'll loose forward momentum, and slowly end up with full elevator, and the Stryker will elevator land itself. Once you get use to it, next step is to learn how to do the cobra (kill any speed quickly). Basically, even if you go fast, you can stop the plane on a dime, with a full elevator (doing a full nose up, ie, a cobra), then, level the plane and do an elevator landing.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:28 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,140 Posts
I believe I came across it in this thread somewhere, but can't find it now...

So If someone could answer or point me in the right direction...

When using the DX8 with the UM Stryker what DR's are being used
to NOT overthrow the linear servos? when at full rates....
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Old Oct 09, 2011, 02:11 PM
Joined Dec 2004
17 Posts
Maidened my new stryker this morning after figuring out the dx6i programming. removed the front wheel and put the battery all the way back. Only took a few clicks of elevator and aileron trim. Fun plane, high rates are crazy..kept it on low. Now I need more batteries.
ericahearn is offline Find More Posts by ericahearn
Old Oct 09, 2011, 02:54 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
My Ultra-Micro F-27Q is HORRIBLY NOSE HEAVY!

With stock battery all the way to the rear it needs so much up elevator to stay level at 1/2 throttle that giving it full throttle puts it into an immediate loop without giving corresponding down elevator. Not fun to fly at all this way...

Why does Horizon keep making this mistake!

It's the original UM Sukhoi all over again...

Did any of you completely remove the foam block in the rear of the battery slot and place the battery all the way back to the receiver?

I was hoping that cutting out the foam block won't weaken the structural integrity of the plane???

What elese can be done to lower a terribly forward COG in it's stock form!
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Oct 09, 2011, 03:04 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60 View Post

With stock battery all the way to the rear it needs so much up elevator to stay level at 1/2 throttle that giving it full throttle puts it into an immediate loop without giving corresponding down elevator. Not fun to fly at all this way...

Did any of you completely remove the foam block in the rear of the battery slot and place the battery all the way back to the receiver?

I was hoping that cutting out the foam block won't weaken the structural integrity of the plane???

That's seem like a lot, but who knows... Manufacturing at it's best! You can tape a little bit of weight way at the back, on the plastic part / motor mount... Had to do that since I added some glue and carbon fiber on the nose of my Stryker after a bad crash and I wanted perfect balance. Didn't change anything about how it fly... Still fly awesomely!
Old Oct 09, 2011, 03:08 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,145 Posts
Take off the wheel!!
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Oct 09, 2011, 04:35 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60 View Post

Why does Horizon keep making this mistake!

It's the original UM Sukhoi all over again...

You can glue small brads in the trays under the rudders. That's the most rearward position available and that combined with cutting foam so the battery could be moved back did it for mine.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq