HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2011, 02:04 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
Just cut the power and full elevator and it floats down. Can use a touch of rudder or aileron to steer it in if needed. Just keep full elevator right to touchdown. They are really simple to do. Works best with proper CG, if you are a bit nose heavy it wont come is as flat.

You can see a typical elevator at the end of my video at the 5:20 mark. (can't see to link directly to that time in the video as forum keeps embedding the player so just jump ahead)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyars...utu.be&t=5m20s
I like hand catching mine Solitare Frisbee!

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:56 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
ok
I have something strange happening
I bought a new DX6I 2 days ago because i dropped my other one too many times.

With this new DX6 i have to put my throttle trim 3/4 the way DOWN Before my UM 180 will initilize to get my motor to spin up, once it has i can then bring my trim back up to midpoint and all works well. Thing is with the Old DX6I i didnt have to do this. Also with Any other UM i have i do not have to do this with the NEW DX6 Has anyne else encounterd this Problem and if so whats the "Fix"?

Thanks
Mal
Old Oct 05, 2011, 03:42 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,519 Posts
I imagine that the throttle endpoints need setting to the ESC.

Might be worth looking to make sure the throttle curve is linear 0-100, it's a heli thing but it has started to appear on aero modes too now. Failing that just leave the trim all the way down, you should still get full power...
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:05 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
OI will check throttle curve
Mal
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:09 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
Ok,got my stryker 180 a week ago, love it. Today, i was two minutes into a flight and it started to roll oscillate, like ten or fifteen degrees in each direction very quickly. It doesnt harm the flying at all, just makes it look, toyish and very un-smooth. It wouldnt happen anytime i let go of the sticks or went straight. When i landed i checked the servos and they werent oscillating, and then i noticed that the foam hinges on my left elevon were broken. Foam hinges break alot on other planes, the tape is holds it okay, but on such a fast plane as this, might that be making the elevon loose and causing this oscillation?
Note: It was slightly windy, but ive never experienced wind to effect an airplane like that.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 08, 2011, 06:42 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
@Airpower: Are we talking high speed or simple oscillation during a slow harrier?
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 08, 2011, 08:04 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,430 Posts
Stryker & Miniaviation 210mAh

well after all the battery debates that have been had about this ones better than that, but that ones so cheap, etc etc, well having tried most and agreeing the Hyperion's are the standard the others are chasing, I decided to try the Miniaviation from the UK, i did a bit of reading and couldn't find anyone who owned them having a bad word about them and even reading posts from the seller, saying he thought they were on an equal par with the Hyp's, so checking the price out i thought i'd give a few a go, so ordered a few of the different sizes, but for the Stryker and other UMX planes i got the 2 pack of 210mAh 2s battery's that already have the correct connectors on them for the UMX range, for here in Australia they were $15 each Aud including postage so good value, just checked and the same for you guys in the USA

Anyway i have been out flying when ever i can get a flight in between the winds and again today, i got out with the Stryker and i can tell you i will not be buying any more Hyperion cells and plugs and making my own, as IMHO these batts are every bit as good, plenty of power right through the whole battery and when you hit the throttle the plane just powers up till it's a dot in the sky

I only fly for 6 minute flights as i find i'm ready to rest after this long, thats me anyway today after some pretty fast flying sets, the batteries took 88mAh and 96mAh on the two Miniaviation batteries, and i must say i flew them a lot faster than i normally do as my son had come up and i was showing him how great the UMX Stryker was

Yes i know AND agree the Hyperion's are a great battery, BUT at a price and i think the 210mAh 2s Miniaviation for $15 delivered each and ready to connect straight to the UMX range, is as good a battery and that bit cheaper, if you don't believe me spend $30 bucks get a pair and give them a go, i bet after using them right next to your Hyp's your agree with me great battery great value for the money

Oh did i say what a great plane the UMX F-27Q is, just so much fun and the speed

http://miniaviation.com/index.html

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Oct 08, 2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 09:16 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Chuck,
It will be interesting to find out how long they last though. Keep tab of your charging cycles on those. I had very bad results with the 1S 190mah (but it may be because I was charging them on a Celectra 4 port charger, so over 1C). But hey, I also had a some bad luck with some Hyperion too though so maybe my miniAviation batch was simply a bad batch after all. Sure enough, it did scare me away from buying some 2S for my Stryker...
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 08, 2011, 09:43 AM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Mini Aviation Cells

I tried 6 of their single cells last year for our indoor season. Initially they were great and worked very well. My only complaint is they didn't last.
I was flying, charging them right along with my Hyperions. The Hyperions are still running strong. The MA cells have been retired as they no longer hold a charge or voltage. I never charged over 2C and were never flown to LVC.
Just my experience with them.
rsmheli is offline Find More Posts by rsmheli
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:37 AM
UK
Joined Sep 2009
167 Posts
Hi All,

If anyone has any problems with the MA cells, drop us an email. Like any supplier we can have a few cells that can cause an issue. But we always try our best to rectify any problems you guys may have.

Some of the newer UM craft are a bit much for the old 180mah 15C cells. I specced out these cells 2 years ago when we had the Cessna and the Edge. The 25C Hyps were certainly a better cell and as you'd expect would live longer with the higher loads of the newer planes.
richardbarnett is offline Find More Posts by richardbarnett
Old Oct 08, 2011, 11:03 AM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,053 Posts
ive 2S hyperions and 2S zippies self made and while i know its a bit of lottery tbhh they're very similar in my eyes. maybe i had a good batch of zippies, i don't know.

likewise on 1S, i used to have 1S hyp and 1S others.. the hyp were much better back then, no doubt, but now, the 160 nano are very similar. For higher capacity the hyp 260 till win

Haven't used MA because they were always more expensive than hyperions
- 8.8EUR for the 260 2S hyperion (eg at miniaviation.fr, where i get them)
- 10.4 EUR for 210mah MA
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Oct 08, 2011, 02:05 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
Real gambler, it is during normal flight, not harrier wing rock. My v stabs are solid, im flying agin today to check this out
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 08, 2011, 08:37 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
Just got my micro striker and set up my dx6i and plane as per the instructions but my elevons go down when they should go up and would turn left when trying to go right, it is probably something simple but what gives???
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Oct 08, 2011, 08:45 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Just got my micro striker and set up my dx6i and plane as per the instructions but my elevons go down when they should go up and would turn left when trying to go right, it is probably something simple but what gives???
Bad instructions. Whatever servos they had you unplug and plug in the other way... put those back the way they were and unplug and reverse the others. Can't ever remember which set. Clear?
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 08, 2011, 09:57 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
There's only 3 plug's not sure which ones but it gives me a start and at least I know I am not crazy or should I say crazier. Thanks!
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie