Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:42 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Here's my last flight of day... Mostly upright boomerang landings. A bit of low flying as well (and a nice pass just inches above my head ). At least, I have no problem launching this little guy sideway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGanUwoigs
What method do you use for the upright spin?
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 01:25 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Dave's method, but I adjust the elevator rate with my fingers instead of setting for dual rate as he suggested. I still miss every now and then though (and end up inverted), that's why I still practice them a lot! Let's put it that way, if I get 10 in a row, I pack my airplane and go celebrate... Also like to wait for no wind, so yesterday, just before sundown, it became perfect for boomerang practice! Otherwise, I still get it, but with the cheap keychain, they simply fly over my head, or land so far away, it's only a dot!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Sep 26, 2011, 04:36 PM
Monsterou
Joined Oct 2008
161 Posts
Hi everyone, just got my um Stryker yesterday and I got one flight into it and it flew great. Went home after that and changed my battery connecters to micro deans. Plugged in the battery, I heard a pop then smoke came out. I burnt the board cuz positive and neg was wrong.

My question is, can theses servos work on a regular receiver? I know that they are rated for 1s use, anybody try this out yet? I have a micro 4 channel reciever and 6amp esc from HK. Thanks
Monsterous is offline Find More Posts by Monsterous
Old Sep 26, 2011, 04:37 PM
Monsterou
Joined Oct 2008
161 Posts
Hi everyone, just got my um Stryker yesterday and I got one flight into it and it flew great. Went home after that and changed my battery connecters to micro deans. Plugged in the battery, I heard a pop then smoke came out. I burnt the board cuz positive and neg was wrong.

My question is, can theses servos work on a regular receiver? I know that they are rated for 1s use, anybody try this out yet? I have a micro 4 channel reciever and 6amp esc from HK. Thanks
Monsterous is offline Find More Posts by Monsterous
Old Sep 26, 2011, 04:56 PM
UK
Joined Dec 2010
208 Posts
Flew my strikers again today and its definitely undercover, is there anything g I can do to reset the brick, my speed seems good, but it can't climb more ther about 30-45 degrees without losing speed and eventually stalling. Still great fun to fly though
Swind is offline Find More Posts by Swind
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:44 PM
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2004
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
I find Foam safe to be brittle with this type of foam. how have you found it to be?

Regards
Mal
It worked great for me. CA is definitely a "brittle" glue, but it bonded nicely and isn't going anywhere. Maybe it's your brand? I'm using Bob Smith: http://www.bsi-inc.com/ (It's usually re-branded as the hobby store that's selling it)
AgentCow007 is offline Find More Posts by AgentCow007
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:46 PM
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2004
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swind View Post
Flew my strikers again today and its definitely undercover, is there anything g I can do to reset the brick, my speed seems good, but it can't climb more ther about 30-45 degrees without losing speed and eventually stalling. Still great fun to fly though
Are you somewhere at high elevation? Most of these complaints were from people flying in thin air... changing the propeller to one with more pitch will fix this.
AgentCow007 is offline Find More Posts by AgentCow007
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:53 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
I have lights on my Ember 2. It's great for relaxed night flying.

But I'm not sure about zipping around at night with this little Hot Rod, even with twinkies installed!

This evening, for the first time, I flew my Little Q at twilight. (That's it in the photo, on top of its box.)

Now I can appreciate why some of you guys are adding the light sets! Tonight, as it got darker and darker, maintaining orientation became less a visual exercise and more just hoping that the Force was with me.

It got so dim that the only thing I could see was a shadowy outline, and the red glow of the Rx through the vents in the fuse.

But it was so calm, and peaceful and Zen-like that I couldn't quit.
pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:34 PM
Soaring Fanatic!
Joined Dec 2008
760 Posts
Servor extension for rudder servos?

Is this the right part: 3" JST Extension Ultra Lightweight [SPMEXJST3UL]?

Just ordered my SF Lights too
8thelephant is offline Find More Posts by 8thelephant
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:46 AM
UK
Joined Dec 2010
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCow007 View Post
Are you somewhere at high elevation? Most of these complaints were from people flying in thin air... changing the propeller to one with more pitch will fix this.
My elevation is about 400 ft, so I doubt its that? You reckon its the 2 cell charger not balancing properly?
Swind is offline Find More Posts by Swind
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:05 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Well, I finally found a major problem with the Ultra Micro Stryker! You get so used to fly it, that when you go back to flying the full size Stryker, you're not as careful as usual... I launch it too casually, and got my first prop "stryke" (I handlaunch with power... Thinking about building a launching ramp now!). Oh well, if it only happen once every 250 flights, I guess I'm ok with it!

On the good side, I'm still so amazed at how similar both aircraft fly, it's truly amazing. Everything is exactly the same. I had not flown the full size for over a month, but flew the UM regularly. Well, anything I had learned to do with the UM, I could do easily with the full size. Upright boomerangs were suddenly easy. Seriously, once in the air, you're not even sure which one you're flying!

Luckily, I fly with my thumbs! That happened yesterday.... Flew again this morning!
Yes the new larger stryker has much shallower holes to fit your fingers for hand launch.
I also cut my index finger with the UM Stryker when it tilted back during a hand launch. I know throw it like a dart at half throttle. No problems now.
rcpilot23 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot23
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:08 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,276 Posts
So how do I perform the flat spins?

Yes I agree the UM Stryker flys exactly like my new larger F27Q Stryker.

Looks the same in the air.

It managed 93 Kmh in a downwind speed run.
rcpilot23 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot23
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:37 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot23 View Post
So how do I perform the flat spins?

Yes I agree the UM Stryker flys exactly like my new larger F27Q Stryker.

Looks the same in the air.

It managed 93 Kmh in a downwind speed run.

Inverted boomerang are easy, you can almost do it in your sleep, so I assume you're talking about upright boomerangs?
Check this thread then:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1497367

Still use Dave's method from day one myself, but you just have to pick one.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:41 AM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot23 View Post
Yes the new larger stryker has much shallower holes to fit your fingers for hand launch.
I also cut my index finger with the UM Stryker when it tilted back during a hand launch. I know throw it like a dart at half throttle. No problems now.
I think you guys are a little crazy launching this thing with power.......

I launch it with no power, throw it like a dart and then apply power as soon as my hand it back on the throttle stick. Guys, she glides for quite a while! I've never had it get close to the ground before I applied throttle...

Either way, still loving my Stryker UM but I'm starting to get a little bored with it after about 4 minutes flight... Wasn't someone working on thrust Vectoring for the UM??? I'd love to try that out...
SBOTI74 is offline Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:54 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post
I think you guys are a little crazy launching this thing with power.......
Just have to use a method that works and then do it the same EVERY time. I haven't been bit yet. Famous last words...

In my case, I just don't have time for the "glide and get back on the stick" thing. I've got to be climbing out of plane-eating-tree range immediately.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq