HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:53 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,966 Posts
[QUOTE=erkq;19370351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
It can be flown fairly slow and gentle however, much more so than I expected it to be. Doesn't need to be wide open all the time to be enjoyable. This video was mostly slow flying:

Very nice flying. Very nice spot. I know it can do that. I was thinking more about how they respond when weighed down with the FPV gear. But there is a lot of wing area on that Stryker!
Ya the wing area no doubt helps the FPV carrying, plus it has lots of power and lots of room to distribute the weight to keep balance with all the gear added I would think.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:05 PM
Joined Jun 2011
117 Posts
How big of a step up from the T-28 is this plane. I can do basic loops, rolls and some inverted flight. I want to progress to the next level, vertical rolls and flat spins......
Willie T is offline Find More Posts by Willie T
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:07 PM
Joined Jul 2006
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
"The Mix" has given me 12mm up and 12mm down for 24mm (1 inch!) of total up/down travel. It's CRAZY fun that way!
Yes but this overtravel the servos if you use aileron and elevator at the same time.(stick in the corner)
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:10 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microheli View Post
Yes but this overtravel the servos if you use aileron and elevator at the same time.(stick in the corner)
Yes, I take that chance. So far no sticky servos, but it is a chance. Good to point that out.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:14 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
How big of a step up from the T-28 is this plane. I can do basic loops, rolls and some inverted flight. I want to progress to the next level, vertical rolls and flat spins......
I went from the T-28 and Corsair on the UM side to the Beast and Stryker with no real issues. I did have some other time on larger parkflyers and quads but primarily learned on UMs. If you have good control of the T-28 it should be fine, just be sure to set the dual rates and use some expo.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:27 PM
Joined Jun 2011
117 Posts
Thanks, there is a pre-set program I will look up to download for the DX8. That should give me a good starting point.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:28 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
Thanks, there is a pre set program I will look up to download for the DX8. Tha should give me a good starting point.
Don't think they ever released a SPM file for the DX8 or hadn't the last I looked. Regardless be sure to measure your throws as per the manual to be safe.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
117 Posts
Will do.....
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:57 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbucher View Post
Also just to clarify. The manual says 11 mm up/down. That means 11 mm up AND 11 mm down right? Or does that mean 11 mm total from all the way up to all the way down?
Correct 11 up and 11 down.
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:15 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
So having just flown my my Micro I found mine to be tail heavy vs nose heavy. It would climb to the point of doing a loop at full throttle.

Mo.
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:24 PM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohillbilly View Post
So having just flown my my Micro I found mine to be tail heavy vs nose heavy. It would climb to the point of doing a loop at full throttle.

Mo.
Check your thrust line. Mine wasn't bad enough to do a loop but it would climb faster the more throttle I gave it. So, I ended up cutting a business card into little squares and placing them behind the plastic firewall where the two upper screws go in. I only used one square per side. I still may add one more square per side but right now, it's pretty true...

Just an idea to throw out there. Check your thrust line..

SBOTI
SBOTI74 is online now Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:25 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohillbilly View Post

Mo.
That's actually nose-heavy, believe it or not. If it's trimmed out for straight and level for some throttle setting under full, there's up elevator to hold the porky nose up. With increased speed comes MORE holding the nose up until it outweighs it and climbs. Balance it per the manual.

EDIT: or, like SBOTI says... thrust line.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:33 PM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
That's actually nose-heavy, believe it or not. If it's trimmed out for straight and level for some throttle setting under full, there's up elevator to hold the porky nose up. With increased speed comes MORE holding the nose up until it outweighs it and climbs. Balance it per the manual.

Thanks erkq....

I also agree with erkq, sounds like you could be way nose heavy as well. See, to keep that nose up, you have to adjust the trim (elevator) to keep it leave at 50% or so throttle. Now, with the up trim, you give it throttle above that level point (50%) and you are going faster, more airspeed over the elevator and that make the plane climb faster when you give it more throttle.

How I figured it was my thrust line was balance the plane on the ground best you can. Then take her up. Trim it out so you fly level at around 50%. Then bring her in and see where your elevator is at. If it's above the wing line, then you know it's nose heavy. I did that and got it to where it looked pretty even with the wing. Then I started giving it more throttle and watched the plane climb. The more throttle I gave it, the faster it would climb. So, I put the card spacers in there and I'm good to go. Still climbs a very little bit but, I'm happy right now...

Hope that helps or explains a little more..

SBOTI
SBOTI74 is online now Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:51 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,451 Posts
Simply check your C.G. with the battery plug in... Last time I checked, it was still a good way to check if your plane was balanced properly...
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:46 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Quote:

I know what your talking about I'm a big fan of wings and other delta's. Still flying my Microjet, Funjet, Twinjet and others.

I took the micro out again tonight for my first full pack flight and it settled in nice. The first flight was in my back yard and was a little small for the speed of the the Stryker.

This time with the battery all the way forward and getting it trimmed to fly how I wanted it. The rons were pretty much even with the fuse. Only thing I noticed is if I mix the elevator for more than 60% throw it can snap stall out of a loop. It is still very responsive @ 60% so I am very happy with it. Did my first boomarang.

Very happy with this one! I might have to get a full size one next....

Mo.
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly