HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:05 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,152 Posts
You're welcome!

Meant to write this previously, but it does not expand quite as much or rapidly as EPO does. You may not think the hot water has done anything but if you look closely, etc you'll see the results. I got my Sbach to line up almost perfectly after the water trick. You can even pour it over creases in other spots to get them to expand a little, etc. Hot water is a great tool!
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:12 AM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisecat View Post
You're welcome!

Meant to write this previously, but it does not expand quite as much or rapidly as EPO does. You may not think the hot water has done anything but if you look closely, etc you'll see the results. I got my Sbach to line up almost perfectly after the water trick. You can even pour it over creases in other spots to get them to expand a little, etc. Hot water is a great tool!
I wanted to thank you for posting this info up as well. I got my first "ding" on my Baby Q the other day. It's not that bad but I know it's there on the leading edge. So, I'm going to try the hot water trick. I'm going to give it a go on my Beast as well. I have a small crease on my elevator that's hasn't effected anything but it's got me worried..

Anyway, thank you.
SBOTI74 is online now Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:15 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,152 Posts
Again, no problem. I learned it all from the EDF guys over on the 50mm Jpower EDF thread, so credit to them where credit is due.

However, I'm not so sure I would try it on the Beast. It seems to me that the Beast foam is a different type. It doesn't seem to have the "cells" as the Sbach and Stryker do. It may not expand and of course I don't want you to melt the Beast! I got a small wrinkle in my rudder on the Beast. Perhaps I'll try the water on it tonight after my 12 hour work day and report back.
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:28 AM
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisecat View Post
Again, no problem. I learned it all from the EDF guys over on the 50mm Jpower EDF thread, so credit to them where credit is due.

However, I'm not so sure I would try it on the Beast. It seems to me that the Beast foam is a different type. It doesn't seem to have the "cells" as the Sbach and Stryker do. It may not expand and of course I don't want you to melt the Beast! I got a small wrinkle in my rudder on the Beast. Perhaps I'll try the water on it tonight after my 12 hour work day and report back.
Okay, I'll wait to see what you find out about the Beast...
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:43 AM
Aircraftus Fragmentum
United States, IL, Naperville
Joined Nov 2009
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgarman View Post
My thanks also for all the parallel charging info. That cleared things up a lot. This electrical stuff confuses us civil engineers
LOL!

Happy to be able to help!

...and all of your civil engineering stuff confuses us electrical engineers....My younger brother is a bridge engineer; I let him design and build them, I just drive over them once they're done
Seeya is offline Find More Posts by Seeya
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:56 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgarman View Post
My thanks also for all the parallel charging info. That cleared things up a lot. This electrical stuff confuses us civil engineers
OT, but I took one civil engineering course. Final exam question EVERYONE missed: "What are the 3 most important things when building a road?" Answer: "drainage, drainage and drainage". He wanted us to remember that. It worked! 30 years later, I still remember! Too bad the guys who built my pot-hole laden road don't.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:09 PM
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
That's what the pot-holes are for.... Drainage, Drainage, Drainage..
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:20 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post
That's what the pot-holes are for.... Drainage, Drainage, Drainage..
OT, but I had to say how funny I think that response is! We literally had to slow to 5mph to wend our way through a patch of these "drainage devices" this winter. Sonoma county is a great place to live, but they tend to forget us over here in west county! OK, back to out regularly scheduled programming...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:26 PM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn2626 View Post
This came at a customer's suggestion...

Now use two MCP-X heli batteries in series in your Beast/Sbach/Stryker 180.

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=313

Glenn
RC-Connectors.com
I would love to see a connector that allows us to charge/balance these UMX batteries with a standard lipo charger.

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
41 Posts
Can anyone tell me what kind of battery connector is on the lipo that ships with the stryker?
bigmark1972 is offline Find More Posts by bigmark1972
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:39 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post
I would love to see a connector that allows us to charge/balance these UMX batteries with a standard lipo charger.

Rob
Like this you mean:
http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=254

Charge that stock Beast battery with YOUR charger

This is the Charger/Plane Side with 2.5" of 28 gauge wires, attached to a JST-XH lipo balance tap, plus extra wires into 4mm banana jacks

Or this one if your charger supports charging via balance taps:
http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=248
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:40 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmark1972 View Post
Can anyone tell me what kind of battery connector is on the lipo that ships with the stryker?
This one:
http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=243
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 01, 2011, 01:22 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
925 Posts
Hi..

Just come home from my "sundowner" with Stryker - nice evening, no clouds, blue sky, no wind and the sun went down at the horizon. Did 5 flights with Q and she ran, ran, ran....what a nice and awesome plane.

Now my "personal lipo" in my body is full, I'm relaxed and the next day at work can come.
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Sep 01, 2011, 01:32 PM
Joined Aug 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
Hi..

Just come home from my "sundowner" with Stryker - nice evening, no clouds, blue sky, no wind and the sun went down at the horizon. Did 5 flights with Q and she ran, ran, ran....what a nice and awesome plane.

Now my "personal lipo" in my body is full, I'm relaxed and the next day at work can come.
Congrats! Did my first last night and want to fly again but it's mid afternoon here and the sun is so bright it is melting my eyeballs out of my head (even with sun glasses)

It sure does fly nice I agree
bigmark1972 is offline Find More Posts by bigmark1972
Old Sep 01, 2011, 02:19 PM
Joined Jul 2009
313 Posts
Anyone else try a 4x4? Threw one on yesterday and did a couple laps on a borrowed pack. I was impressed, I may have to retract my previous statement about a 4x4 being to big. Ill put a full pack through her today, didn't want to drain my friends pack.
mitsudriver274 is offline Find More Posts by mitsudriver274