SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:30 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,377 Posts
Well I posted pics, included info, and no help...I guess I will have to add weight to my right wing. I can't believe I am the only one with this problem of the left bank tendency. Wish I could find a solution.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:36 PM
They call me Crash!
Kaw1000's Avatar
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Well I posted pics, included info, and no help...I guess I will have to add weight to my right wing. I can't believe I am the only one with this problem of the left bank tendency. Wish I could find a solution.

J
Maybe thrust angle of engine got knocked outta wack? One aileron higher than other or not hinged right? put it on your finger center of fuse see if it tips to on side or other.( kinda like checking cg) Make sure rudders are centered?

Other than that don't know what to say.
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:38 PM
4000 posts?!
micro_builder's Avatar
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,048 Posts
The pics were quite small, hard to see any problems that might be there...in the last pic, is the plane sitting perfectly level? One simple thing you might have already checked, are the wings nice and straight and level? I.e. no warping or twisting, or one wing being higher than the other? With these little planes, it doesnt take much to cause big problems. Kaw1000 has some good suggestions as well.

Nick
micro_builder is offline Find More Posts by micro_builder
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:46 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,053 Posts
So you're into private videos, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Well, I have a #3 keychain that work since day one (must be 3 years old). But this is a video from my second HD #11 keychain, and guess what, it died on me as well... No luck with those little HD cam... But, even if the video is screwed, there was some funny stuff, so I still put it on youtube (almost look like it was taken by an infrared camera!).

Basically, a bird that was interested by my Stryker, and two failed upright boomerang that ended on the ground. Don't worry, I normally bail out early, those are the exceptions. I was trying, and trying, and trying, and not watching how fast the ground was coming toward my airplane . But yes, I'm now better at upright boomerang (still end up inverted too often, but hey, winter is not here yet...) . No damage on the Stryker so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c1cAD8cB9Q
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:08 AM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder View Post
The pics were quite small, hard to see any problems that might be there...in the last pic, is the plane sitting perfectly level? One simple thing you might have already checked, are the wings nice and straight and level? I.e. no warping or twisting, or one wing being higher than the other? With these little planes, it doesnt take much to cause big problems. Kaw1000 has some good suggestions as well.

Nick
There is no warping, and they are straight. When I do the cg test it sits straight and true. My ail are centered. I don't know, but thanks for the suggestions. It could be an offset rudder.

Justin
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 06:48 AM
flitelab's Avatar
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,341 Posts
Got my maiden flight of the UM Stryker in this morning. All I can say is WOW, what a great plane. Only flew one pack through but was pretty easy to get on to coming from the Beast only a week ago. It certainly is fast and twitchy even on low rates which is all I tried so far. Bit nose heavy that I had to trim out for now, will have to cut out some foam to get battery back it seems forr proper CG. And I LOVE parachute landings, one of the best things about this plane I think, and that was even with the low rate settings, on high it should drop in even more vertical.

Only issue I ran into was a broken nose. Did what appeared to be a fairly soft slightly nose in landing into soft wet grass and the nose cone popped but also broke part of the foam. Nothing major but I think that pin the rubber attaches to does more harm than good as it looks like the pin itself did the damage putting the force into the foam.

I wonder if it would be better with the pin removed and the rubber nose attached with CA directly to the foam instead? Or maybe reducing the length of the pin to a 1/4" or less, so it doesn't extend so far as all it needs to do is hold the rubber. Even velcro might be better. Would reduce the nose weight as well as possibly prevent the issue I had. Anyone try this or a similar mod?



Maiden video to follow...
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Last edited by flitelab; Sep 01, 2011 at 06:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 06:50 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
So you're into private videos, eh?
Oooops, I put it private while it was uploading, then I modify it to public when it's finished... I guess it took a while for Youtube to receive the modification... Sorry! As I said, not a great video anyway, since the %?$&$% camera was dying on me, so that's why I was low profile!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 06:55 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
I wonder if it would be better with the pin removed and the rubber nose attached with CA directly to the foam instead? Or maybe reducing the length of the pin to a 1/4" or less, so it doesn't extend so far as all it needs to do is hold the rubber. Even velcro might be better. Would reduce the nose weight as well as possibly prevent the issue I had. Anyone try this or a similar mod?.
You're probably the first who would attempt such a mod... Sure enough, if you could weight that pin for us (if you decide to stick the nose directly), that would be great... Because if it's heavy, it would definitively be a decent mod for those with nose heavy Stryker... Probably hard to remove though, looked like it was stuck very well.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 07:00 AM
flitelab's Avatar
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
You're probably the first who would attempt such a mod... Sure enough, if you could weight that pin for us (if you decide to stick the nose directly), that would be great... Because if it's heavy, it would definitively be a decent mod for those with nose heavy Stryker... Probably hard to remove though, looked like it was stuck very well.
It is pretty light so not sure if my scale will weight it or not. It wasn't as hard to remove as I would have liked

I think for short term I will just CA it back in as is, but if it happens again I think I'll remove it and go with velcro, like a small circle in the middle.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 07:29 AM
flitelab's Avatar
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,341 Posts
Nothing too exciting flying wise. Maiden flight of my new Stryker...

UM Stryker Maiden (5 min 19 sec)
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:32 AM
flitelab's Avatar
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,341 Posts
Is there any way to fix compressed foam on these UMs? I know with EPO you can use hot water to expand it back, any way to do it on these or bascially it is what it is and just live with it or fill it?

Would like to fix my nose compression if I can before I CA piece back in. It isn't compressed very much but would like to get it back if there is a way.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:42 AM
Expo is built into my thumbs
Hance's Avatar
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,507 Posts
Well if some of you have used a 4x4 I think I better give it a try. Hopefully that will speed it up enough for me to enjoy flying it instead of cussing it for being to slow.
Hance is online now Find More Posts by Hance
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 10:44 AM
More Planes Than Sense
wgarman's Avatar
United States, PA, Wexford
Joined Feb 2010
356 Posts
Parallel Charging

My thanks also for all the parallel charging info. That cleared things up a lot. This electrical stuff confuses us civil engineers
wgarman is offline Find More Posts by wgarman
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:45 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
Is there any way to fix compressed foam on these UMs? I know with EPO you can use hot water to expand it back, any way to do it on these or bascially it is what it is and just live with it or fill it?

Would like to fix my nose compression if I can before I CA piece back in. It isn't compressed very much but would like to get it back if there is a way.
The hot water trick will work. It has been done on the Sbach (by me and others).

I can tell you it works as I essentially busted the whole front half of my Sbach off and after water and epoxy it is back to flying as new!
Elisecat is online now Find More Posts by Elisecat
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:48 AM
flitelab's Avatar
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisecat View Post
The hot water trick will work. It has been done on the Sbach (by me and others).

I can tell you it works as I essentially busted the whole front half of my Sbach off and after water and epoxy it is back to flying as new!
Great thanks, I'll give it a try.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 03:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 06:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 12:02 PM