HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:02 AM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
836 Posts
No info, on the gear ratios in the manual:
http://www.a2pro.fr/manuals/helicopt...lt-11_2010.pdf

It's geared to run a 4S 3300-3700 mAh Lipo, with a 1900kv motor.
BlackTitanium is offline Find More Posts by BlackTitanium
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 09:07 PM
Ben429
Sainte-Sophie Quebec Canada
Joined Sep 2010
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Söderberg View Post
I have this one, bought it from A2pro in france, I have a Trex 500 clone but the problem is that its impossible to fit in the mech in the fuse with the maingear, tried to fit in the mech without the MG but there not room enough
to put it in when the mech is in the place, the solution is to cut in the fuse
in the front in the space betveen the front part and backpart so the mech
can slide in, second issue...when the mech is in the place inside the fuse the space betveen the topedge of the maingear and body is about 2mm, not enough in mine opinion to have a safe flight, the bottom wholes dont match
500 rex, another problem is the lower pushrods to the swashplate are toching the upper part of the fuse, there isnt enough gods on the glassfibre to make space for them, trying to grid down with a dremel results in wholes in the fuse,I took the dremel and cutted away nesseary material to get the swash movin freely but this affected the scale look, today I flewed it for the last time because it just dont feel safe with the maingear so close to the body, ordered a 500 blackhawk from heliartist, gone place the mech in that one as it is trex 500 plug and play, I flewed mine Bell 429 with Sm scalehead
and it did very good, a nice looking machine but in mine opinion not realy
right molded, the real 429 has a wide body compared to the model that
is not wide enough and does give thiner body apperence and also this may be the answer why it is not enough room for the maingear.

A2 pro are mainly selling this one for their excellium series, this could explain the maingear issue
http://www.a2pro-online.com/helicopt...llium-500.html

BR
jack

hi Jack could you post some pictures for the main gear issue because on line a2pro website mention the 429 500 class fuselage can be use etheir trex or it's clone ????? because i'm more than interested to this one thanks
ben429 is offline Find More Posts by ben429
Old Sep 06, 2011, 09:17 PM
Ben429
Joined Sep 2010
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTitanium View Post
I would love to have that color scheme, in a 500 size!

hi guy's this is my baby i travelled all around the world with it as mecanic the main gear on a2pro 500 class are the first version and has been modified as on this blue aircraft but the 450 fuselage main gear is definitely not good at all this is the gear for a 206 series and for the cowling around the main rotor mast after several hours of flight has been modified (removed the upper portion) wich has not affected the handling quality of the aircraft
Last edited by ben429; Sep 06, 2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 10:05 PM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
836 Posts
Here are the photo's, posted on HeliFreak's scale helicopter discussion, posted by SkyHunter, of a Trex 500 clone installed into the fuselage.

You can see where the cut outs were made, to fit the main gear into the fuselage.

The tail end cap is not installed.
Unanswered question as to if the end cap fits?
No demonstration of how the LiPo would fit?

BlackTitanium is offline Find More Posts by BlackTitanium
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:43 PM
latinflyer
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Dec 2004
747 Posts
Fitting with Century Swift 16

Will this my Century Swift 16 fit into these scale fuselageif so that will be my number one choice.

Latinflyer
latinflyer is offline Find More Posts by latinflyer
Old Sep 07, 2011, 08:34 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
The Swift is a 550mm or so bladed machine, right? The Bell fuselage is for a 425mm bladed machine so I dont think it'd work.

Note the swash on the 'display model' photos...no room for the linkages to operate I think. Probably would need to cut apart the cowling rather heavily for a flyable model
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Sep 08, 2011, 05:19 PM
Ben429
Joined Sep 2010
14 Posts
trex 500 with aling 4 blades main rotor head

anyones of you has tried to fly trex 500 with the 4 blades main rotor what size of blade and wondering if stock motor is enough to do the job or we need something stronger and what about the ratio btw tail and main with this 4 blade rotor ???reason of my question is to fit that to my bell 429 fuselage
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:06 PM
United States, AR
Joined Jan 2011
67 Posts
For the 4 blade head you could use the Align Scale blades and go with a lower kv motor to handle the load
panzerdivision is offline Find More Posts by panzerdivision