HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Rasterize, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:18 AM
The world in foam & tissue
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2010
614 Posts
Discussion
My Favorite Foamy Designs and Designers!

These guys designs rock! If ya want to build a foamy SiFi, WW2 or WW1 plane, theses three got it down! SGTalon for SiFi, Dz1sfb for WW1&2 and Haiduks WW1 stuff are awesome! They design a bit differently from one another.
SGTalon
Search for his stuff on RCGroups but he has a website that sums it all up, www.sg-ideas.com
His style is simple but imaginative. What I would describe as a robust profile foamie because of his use of doublers and carbon fiber. He is very well known for his space series of RC craft including his popular Enterprise-D!
Dz1sfb
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012551
As far as I know, he developed the VLF style of building. VLF (vertical laminated fuselage) designs hide most of the electronics while only adding minimal design complexity. Plans are out there for free but his kits make it so easy! His inside-out VLF verges on a full fuse look and feel.
Haiduk
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1386501
Duks creativity shows through in every design and he is always innovating and evolving new concepts and solutions. This man is an artist whose work shows I every aspect of his build. His SE5 design was my first WWI aircraft.
Got someone whose designs you think rock? Tell me!
Rasterize is online now Find More Posts by Rasterize
Last edited by Rasterize; Jul 27, 2011 at 02:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2011, 09:59 AM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,808 Posts
Phat TFPF Designs and Ideas

I like the stuff Sparky is doing, if I spelled his handle correctly. He tends to call them My Fattie Foam Jets, but they are thin foam park flyers (TFPF) using inducted propeller concepts. I am sure he has done and will do other stuff, but the cartoonish looking jets are a real attention getter.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah