HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:24 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Feb 2007
411 Posts
New Product
Robot ESC works great in Scale boat with mixing

Bought this ESC and tried it in my boat and it works great! Look at the specs. 6 to 24 volts 12 amps max per channel. Built in selectable lipo on or off. Selectable duel channel operation work as either independent or mixed with another. I selected mixed throttle with rudder. As you move the rudder the inside motor slows and then reverses linearly with rudder stick movement. I use the aileron stick to control the rudders. Could not be happier.... and made in the USA.

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...ER2X12-RC.html
JOHN SCALE BOAT is offline Find More Posts by JOHN SCALE BOAT
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:38 PM
Nickel Belter
Northern Ontario
Joined Jun 2009
865 Posts
I also have this in a boat under construction and though i haven't had open water trials, nothing but good things to say. It's virtually silent, I cannot hear any motor whine as they throttle up.

Also, when you are stationary in mixed mode, swinging the rudder fires up the engines in opposite directions. If my bathtub were circular, i could tell you how that works out.
ZZ56 is offline Find More Posts by ZZ56
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:41 AM
Big Boats Rule!
Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2007
2,008 Posts
And they are small and light. I used one in my 1:48 PCF Swift build. My only complaint was when we used it in a bigger, faster, boat. At speed I wish the mixing would be exponentially less as the rudders are better. But for tugs and slower boats they are handy.

Dave
boater_dave is offline Find More Posts by boater_dave
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:48 AM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,573 Posts
Thanks, lots of goodies there.

Here's a good-looking motor for direct driving a big 4" or so prop:
http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...-217-2000.html

It has an 8mm shaft, which will require some effort to adapt- most model boats couplers max out at about 6mm.

And another, a little slower:
http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...-204-1021.html

patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:00 AM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,841 Posts
they have a very good selection of switches that plug into your receiver to handle higher volt/amp loads plus dual functions...
tghsmith is online now Find More Posts by tghsmith