HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:24 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Alert
Banana hobby customer support is THE BEST! They really are pretty amazing.

So I have been trying to deal with an issue with a plane I ordered since Friday. And all I keep getting told it either "We are waiting to hear from a different department" Or "I will email you the details."

I spent over an hour and a half today in chats... And all I saw was the same thing over and over, some canned message about "I will help you shortly blah blah blah" And this was AFTER I started talking to someone!!!

All I want is the replacement parts for the plane I ordered that were either damaged in shipping or just faulty, and the battery I paid for.

I have always stood up for you BH and now I am starting to see the darker side of things when it comes to support. Don't tell me you are waiting to hear back or that I will get an email (BOTH ON FRIDAY AND TWICE TODAY) and then not send one.

I spoke to Mary today while on lunch break at work, and she said she would email me with the confirmation of shipped replacement parts by the afternoon... So i got home and say no email so I spoke to her AGAIN, and she said she was just about to email me and then said wait again (for over 30 mins) and then we got disconnected! So I try again and I get someone else and he does the SAME THING!!! Its like they go from 1 different chats at once, Why does it take 10 mins before a real chat message? Of the 30 or so responses I got in each session, at least half of them were stupid canned messages about looking into my issue, or waiting to hear on something (Each one the EXACT same wording)

So again BH I saw do not force me to start going to Nitro for my planes... I miss the days when Pete would respond to issues and there wasn't this "mystery team" of support people who all seem to say canned messages...

I have sent messages to Pete on here, Youtube, and direct email, and they all just go unanswered, Kinda makes me sad inside to know the way support is going at BH.

I look forward to hearing from you BH in any form. ESPECIALLY if it involves you telling me the parts are on the way... I WANT TO FLY MY NEW PLANE!!!

Anyone else here feel like the people in the chat at BH are just bouncing between 20 chats at once sending canned messages??
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Last edited by bluemeane; Aug 04, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:09 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
I have GREAT NEWS!

They are the same Banana Hobby I remember.

They are replacing everything, they said it will take 4-7 days, but it will ship expedited and I will be up in the air next week hopefully!!! woohoo!!!
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:55 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Heres an update......

- They sent me a box with the replacement parts... It seemed kinda big and when I opened it I found A WHOLE NEW PLANE!!! Complete! So I started to set it up and it is much better this time around. I will disassemble the other plane and use it for spare parts as needed.

I am VERY impressed with the support they have give me!!!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:46 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
While I am happy for bluemeane, Banana Hobby customer service SUCKS. I have spent almost $500 with BH and they will not give the time of day. See my struggle at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=42
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2623
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2679
Tyclone is offline Find More Posts by Tyclone
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:02 AM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Got my SF v3 in yesterday with out issue, Yet another none issue order for BH. I've yet to have any issues with them.
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:43 AM
Rookie Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2011
4 Posts
In Defense of Pete and BH.. Re: Shipping Profits

I'm new to the Modern Tech in R/C EDF Jets, yet go back 25 y in R/C. So Hi All. I was reading the post earlier from those slamming BH on their shipping charges and order fulfillment issues and such. I can only speak from my experience, but as an OTR driver, 48 and Canada... Fact: Shipping costs have gone thru the Roof for mainly One reason and One reason only. The price of Fuel. Both Diesel and Jet. It costs roughly 850.00 to fill the average 200 gal. tank on a semi. Now multiply that by 3.5 X's a week. 3k a week Just for fuel. Thats not even Mentioning Insurance, (Ya'll can thank the "Ambulance Chasers" for that one) maintenance, expenses and Driver Salary. Its a Hell of a lot more for a Jet.. So Yes.. Shipping costs are out of control because our fuels costs are worse.. To my friends in the GWN, I feel your pain about the cost of shipping up there. I recently mailed a greeting card from Fla. to Ont. Not only did it cost a buck fifty, but it took every bit of four weeks to arrive. All I can say is, its Going to get worse before it gets Better.. The other part I cant negatively comment on because Ive ordered an Awful lot of goods of the web, Including from BH, and always have Good experiences. You want Amazing Door-To-Door Concierge Service? It Costs Money. Nothing in the world is "Free" Pay Up or Shut Up !! Hahaha Anyway, Look forward to a new love of the "R/C Virus" SeeYa's
thndrvally is offline Find More Posts by thndrvally
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:12 PM
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
Everyone beware of banana Hobby

I received another defective helicopter from these people and sent a email 20 days ago to Nancy P. at Banana Hobby and still have not heard from Nancy P.. I will not go away I want them to do the right thing for me and all others. Order # bh18-172334
flying12 is offline Find More Posts by flying12
Old Dec 05, 2011, 05:46 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi flying12, we sent you the return shipping label on 12/2, please be sure to use it asap as it is only valid for so long, and we can not refund you until the order is returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying12 View Post
I received another defective helicopter from these people and sent a email 20 days ago to Nancy P. at Banana Hobby and still have not heard from Nancy P.. I will not go away I want them to do the right thing for me and all others. Order # bh18-172334
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:17 PM
Afghanistan, Helmand, Laškar Gāh
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Order # BH18-194260. STILL have not received anything. The tracking number provided shows NOTHING. Contacted 3 times and 3 times was told that I would hear back with an update and NOTHING. Terrible experience and wont do business with again.
eltorito is offline Find More Posts by eltorito
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined May 2011
157 Posts
BH customer service and products are
giantkevmiester is offline Find More Posts by giantkevmiester
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:05 PM
Crash and Burn
Southern NJ
Joined Feb 2007
64 Posts
Banana hobby customer support is THE BEST!
Evil-Tunes is offline Find More Posts by Evil-Tunes
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:29 AM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,270 Posts
Wow...perhaps they have improved?
I asked for tech support...and had the answers the same day...I give my experiance a +1 to banana hobby
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Yes I'm waiting on them to open today hopfuly they help me out I will update u on the services kk
bhstrugle1984 is offline Find More Posts by bhstrugle1984
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:17 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I ordered the new 95" Sky Surfer, got confirmation within hours, then shipping info, then it was mailed within 24 hours of payment. That seems pretty darn good to me. Meanwhile, it took HK almost two weeks to send something to me that they had in stock. It's hit or miss with some of these companies.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:43 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltorito View Post
Order # BH18-194260. STILL have not received anything. The tracking number provided shows NOTHING. Contacted 3 times and 3 times was told that I would hear back with an update and NOTHING. Terrible experience and wont do business with again.
Good morning eltorito.

In regards to your order number 194260, as I can see on our records, the package was returned back to us after a trace was filed with USPS. We do apologize for the inconveniences that this may have caused you.
I do see here that you were refunded in full for the amount of $160.09 USD on March 6, 2012 with the Refund Transaction ID number of 93X48887UJ802250P. If you have yet to see the amount be credited back into your account, please contact your card issuer, provide them with the refund transaction ID as well as the date the refund was issued, and they would be able to provide you with an update information regarding your refund.

Should you have any questions, please contact us and we will be more than happy to further assist you. Please also note that if you are unable to contact our Customer Service Center, you may contact me directly via email at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com and I will respond to you promptly.

Thank you,
Nancy P.
Banana Hobby
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR