HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2011, 05:15 PM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,745 Posts
Discussion
Range video 5.8 module ACTUAL frequencies?

I have been following Markus' 5.8 tx build and want to do my own. I have been trying to source the module here in the USA to save on shipping costs and time ( I want to build it before I leave for vacation in 2 weeks) But have had no luck.

Range video sells this one which seems in every way the same module, but all the listed frequencies are off by 100mhz. It is very odd, and seems that it could be a mistake since it woldnt be compatible with either Airwaves or RF-Link/SkyRF modules. Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone confirmed the frequencies, or the compatibility with BEV/FoXTECH/HK 5.8 systems (all sky-rf based I thgink)

http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=217

Derek_S is online now Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2011, 05:21 PM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,174 Posts
Thats a rf-sky based module ( odd channels ) compatible with bevrc rx`s and foxtech, but not immersion ( airwave based )
Coyote64 is online now Find More Posts by Coyote64
Old Jul 25, 2011, 05:42 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2008
374 Posts
Hey Derek,

You are right that they are all skyrf based kits. The issue your running into is that the modules are manufactured with different frequency spacing depending on what market they were intended for. The Foxtech/FPVHobby ones are identical to the ones RV sells but they are not using the same channels. Actually I found this testing with some other local FPV pilots as we were both flying on 5.8Ghz and wanted to make sure we had enough spacing to not shoot each other down.

If I'm not mistaken I read somewhere on here (I think markus thread?) about switching the spacing to match the ones sold from different vendors but I'm not sure exactly and I wouldn't order them just to mod them. If your not in a huge hurry FPVHobby sells the modules in the frequency that match the foxtech ones but they are in turkey and shipping can be a little slow if your on a deadline

C
charlienofun is offline Find More Posts by charlienofun
Old Jul 25, 2011, 06:50 PM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,745 Posts
Well the deadline is not set in stone, I was just hoping. I can get them from Foxtech for $20. But minimum shipping is $20, and 2 modules is all I need. I was really hoping to find them stateside, like through a vendor. Thanks for everyones' help so far.
Derek_S is online now Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X