SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:31 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Tim ... Question... Currently I am running the recommended Torque setup on my other EF plane in the same size category. I am running the xoar 15x8 prop and now skylipos 40C packs. Should I go with the 15x6 prop instead or is it all based on my preference of the feel I am looking for ... Just curious.. I wasn't too excited with 15x8 on the 40c packs.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:21 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Hey Mark,

I would start with a Xoar 15x6, and fly it.. If the plane dos'nt pull hard enough, then prop up to a 15x7, and make sure to check your numbers..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:30 AM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
Are either of the ailerons warped? I recovered one of my planes and had a trim issue. Looking at the plane from the back I could see that one aileron was warped while the other was straight. To fix it you can just tweek the aileron to make it straight and then re-shrink the covering. I have had to do this with factory produced planes before as well.

Also, I think people tend to jump to the thrust angle or wing incidence as the cause of problems way to quickly. Things like warped surfaces, CG and linkage geometry have fixed many of my problems.
Everything is perfectly straight....I had it on my level table and each wing and aileron is perfectly straight, the elevator is straight, rudder is fine, fuse is straight, the motor does not look like it has as much right thrust as other models I measured it at just under 2 degrees, seems like it should have 2.5 or 3 at least. I strung the plane up and measured the incidence relation of the tail and wing together but I measured off of the canopy sill, which I found out this morning when I remeasured wasn't perfectly level.

Regardless of the issue, it still flew very well and I am more than happy with it, with a new model, there are always little things to work out and adjust as the collective Extreme Flight mind find the perfect setups
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:32 AM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
Spartan,
Congrats!! The 15x6 is more for the high c rated packs(40c+).. I also run 30c 6s and I've found a 15x7 pjn works perfect! 1400W @ 60amp..

The 15x8 is a bit to much pitch for 30c and will Boost your numbers into the danger zone..

I'll have a few video clips up later, and you can see mine is just as fast as my Edge..

BTW.. Mine flew perfect right out of the box! No trim needed!!!
Thanks for the advice Tim, just got one ordered
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:34 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanExec View Post
Everything is perfectly straight....I had it on my level table and each wing and aileron is perfectly straight, the elevator is straight, rudder is fine, fuse is straight, the motor does not look like it has as much right thrust as other models I measured it at just under 2 degrees, seems like it should have 2.5 or 3 at least. I strung the plane up and measured the incidence relation of the tail and wing together but I measured off of the canopy sill, which I found out this morning when I remeasured wasn't perfectly level.

Regardless of the issue, it still flew very well and I am more than happy with it, with a new model, there are always little things to work out and adjust as the collective Extreme Flight mind find the perfect setups
Yeah when I was finishing mine and putting on the cowl, I noticed it had quite a bit of right thrust added in...at the time I thought too much! After flying it yesterday though, it literally needed 1 click of aileron and that was it. That was a first for me
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:43 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Hey Mark,

I would start with a Xoar 15x6, and fly it.. If the plane dos'nt pull hard enough, then prop up to a 15x7, and make sure to check your numbers..
Thanks Pal.. I think I already have 15x7 @ home.. Will have to order a 15x6.. I may have one on my 58 inch extra.. Let me check first before I go order.

Thanks Pal..

I need to fly some of my EF stuff this week man.... itching to.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:50 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
My Friend Dennis came threw with some stills from Sunday, unfortunately conditions were way to wind, and I wasn't able to capture any decent video
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Oct 18, 2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:31 PM
Carteret, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
My Friend Dennis came threw with some stills from Sunday, unfortunately conditions were way to wind, and I wasn't able to capture any decent video
What wind?
cje0114 is offline Find More Posts by cje0114
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:52 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
Tim ... Question... Currently I am running the recommended Torque setup on my other EF plane in the same size category. I am running the xoar 15x8 prop and now skylipos 40C packs. Should I go with the 15x6 prop instead or is it all based on my preference of the feel I am looking for ... Just curious.. I wasn't too excited with 15x8 on the 40c packs.
The Torque will get warm with 15x8 on 6s 40C in this weather. In the summer, it will get a bit hot.

The Motrolfly 4315 runs a bitter cooler though and is 39g lighter.

Vien
vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:15 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienquach View Post
The Torque will get warm with 15x8 on 6s 40C in this weather. In the summer, it will get a bit hot.

The Motrolfly 4315 runs a bitter cooler though and is 39g lighter.

Vien
Hey Vien,

What batteries and ESC are you flying on your Motrolfly setup?

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:17 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,909 Posts
Performance on Grass Fields

For those flying off of grass fields...

Any issues?

I'm contemplating going up to 2.5" wheels.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:48 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
For those flying off of grass fields...

Any issues?

I'm contemplating going up to 2.5" wheels.

JC

Not needed.. I run wheel pants(Edge&Extra), and have never had a problem, Even in thick grass!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:58 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Same here.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:30 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Yeah... wheels are no problem. I've flown my 48" EXP's off grass with no problem.

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:00 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Hey Vien,

What batteries and ESC are you flying on your Motrolfly setup?

JC
I had the Motrolfly 4315-500 on the SC 57.

ICE 75, Xoar 15x8, Gens ACE 6s-2200 25C. Pretty light, but the 6s-2500 might work better.

Vien
vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach