HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:05 AM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Just about done with the Extra! Really excited to fly this thing, checked all the incidences last night and it was spot on, got all the servos in and all the surfaces hinged, just waiting for the hobby shop to open so I can get some more 2mm washers.....I use one on each side of the G10 control horn so it spreads the load more evenly. Maybe maiden today if the weather holds, will have pics in an hour or two
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:58 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Boys, mine (I mean my son's ) is done and she is a thing of beauty! Weighs in at 5 pounds 9 ounces with Turnigy 6S 3300

We are going to maiden today and I will take some vids, although it probably won't be too crazy
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Oct 16, 2011, 01:55 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,346 Posts
20+ MPH Maiden

I finished the Extra last night around one, and had just enough time to insatll a few if the decals, I'll be adding the stars later.

Unfortantly were having 20+ MPH gusts at the event, but the Extra EXP completed it's maiden with flying colors.. After four packs, and the planes needing two packs for ballist(just to keep them on the ground), I decided to ground the new gem..

I did have some very cool moments where I was able to see the potential of this amazing plane!

Picks, and video to come!!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Oct 16, 2011, 02:49 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
here is a video of my Kid (he is 15 and been flying 7 months) flying his 300.....Nothing too crazy as it was the 2nd flight but it's an amazing plane. One click of trim was it, hehe

Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 EXP (6 min 48 sec)
Old Oct 16, 2011, 02:56 PM
Extreme Flight Minion
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Just leaving for the maiden!! Everything is a go, wish me luck!!!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:26 PM
United States, GA, Valdosta
Joined Jan 2009
587 Posts
Nice! Congrats CRFan1 and Son on the maiden!
daedalusrobert is offline Find More Posts by daedalusrobert
Old Oct 16, 2011, 04:19 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalusrobert View Post
Nice! Congrats CRFan1 and Son on the maiden!
Thanks! Now I want one, lolol I flew my 48" Edge 540 EXP but it just wasn't the same, lolol
Old Oct 16, 2011, 04:51 PM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,142 Posts
I saw Tim's Extra in action today. Wow. I'm not surprised EF are out of them already..
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:06 PM
United States, OR, Molalla
Joined Oct 2010
460 Posts
I can't wait for the next batch to arrive so I can get one!
jlloyd1995 is offline Find More Posts by jlloyd1995
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
460 Posts
Here's a good deal on Hs-5245s, they told me they're certified Hitec dealers so these probably aren't counterfeit.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Hitec-HS-5...item45fc4737b3
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:58 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,988 Posts
About the same price from Towerhobbies, after member discount.

Do they offer warranty ?

Vien
vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:10 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg View Post
I saw Tim's Extra in action today. Wow. I'm not surprised EF are out of them already..

Its a Great Plane! As you saw, it winds up like a top in the ke spin, Flat spins in one spot, Has the most stable inverted harrier going, and after you left we found out that it snaps crisper, and cleaner than anything!! It's also incredibly responsive!! You can stop it any where during a snap!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:17 PM
Joined Oct 2010
460 Posts
Hey guys, Would JR3421's on the elevator and rudder be good and then HS-5245's on ailerons be good for speed? Or would it be best to just go JR3421's all around?

vienquach, I don't know...
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:43 PM
Extreme Flight Minion
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Was able to maiden the Extra today and wow!!! Really really impressed and a little bit in love My setup is torque/airboss combo with xoar 15x6 on 3300 30C batteries and JR 3421's all around. It is very precise and so much more docile than I was expecting. It wasn't as fast as I was expecting but I may try a 15x8 and see how that works out. It is very very stable, no wing rock in harriers, you do have to be a little more on top of it though than the edge. Hovering is very easy and KE had very little coupling, still need to dial in the CG.

I flew the first flight without the SFG's because I just plain forgot them and it flew fine but the SFG's really just add so much to KE and harriers.

Justin: I would go with all 3421's if you can, they do not feel as slow as the specs say they are and they are very powerful and precise!

All in all very happy with the plane, just needs a little more right thrust and maybe a little incidence adjustment on one of the wings (not sure if it's thrust or incidence, it needed a lot of right aileron trim to fly level)

Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:20 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanExec View Post
Was able to maiden the Extra today and wow!!! Really really impressed and a little bit in love My setup is torque/airboss combo with xoar 15x6 on 3300 30C batteries and JR 3421's all around. It is very precise and so much more docile than I was expecting. It wasn't as fast as I was expecting but I may try a 15x8 and see how that works out. It is very very stable, no wing rock in harriers, you do have to be a little more on top of it though than the edge. Hovering is very easy and KE had very little coupling, still need to dial in the CG.

I flew the first flight without the SFG's because I just plain forgot them and it flew fine but the SFG's really just add so much to KE and harriers.

Justin: I would go with all 3421's if you can, they do not feel as slow as the specs say they are and they are very powerful and precise!

All in all very happy with the plane, just needs a little more right thrust and maybe a little incidence adjustment on one of the wings (not sure if it's thrust or incidence, it needed a lot of right aileron trim to fly level)

Great report! Keep them coming!
Trill is online now Find More Posts by Trill