HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:25 AM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill View Post
+1 Yes, the red, black, and yellow scheme would look great on the 60" Extra EXP!
+1

maybe with a few changes just to differentiate it from the Edge a little, I don't know about the rest of you but the new scheme has got to be my favorite EF scheme yet! Plus, it gets extra points for being a full scale scheme first
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:01 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcop View Post
The new line of 60" EXP's are amazing, and the Extra is the best flying plane in that size range I've flown!! Can't wait for it to be here in the states, Chris did his homework with these planes. Tim, you're so close, only a state away, it would be cool if we could get together and fly some time again.

Lee
The Extra is truly amazing!

That would great Lee! IRG, and My self are driving out to Xsubsailers Club in Washington, NJ on Sunday.. You should come!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:20 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanExec View Post
+1

maybe with a few changes just to differentiate it from the Edge a little, I don't know about the rest of you but the new scheme has got to be my favorite EF scheme yet! Plus, it gets extra points for being a full scale scheme first
Yes, changes to differentiate it from the Edge would be great. What changes do you suggest? Let's hope that Mr. Hinson has not already selected the second color scheme for the 60" Extra EXP.
Trill is offline Find More Posts by Trill
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:38 PM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot
United States, OH, Amelia
Joined Apr 2008
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
I strapped my 87'' TOC yak to the roof of my Escape before to drive to the field!
Too Funny, I've done the same with my 87" Lanier Yak on top of my Escape... worked well - but I finally got a 10'x6' Trailer (room for more
AndreasHeger is offline Find More Posts by AndreasHeger
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:21 PM
United States, TX, Navasota
Joined Apr 2009
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
Thanks! It's my pleasure!

There's no official date, but it sounds like they will be available within the next two months..

Speeking of pleasure.. I just flew 6 packs threw my blue 48" Extra EXP.. No wind!, no bugs!, 70deg!, and perfect sky's!! It doesn't get any better than that..
Awesome temperatures, Not so good in Texas 100F+ so no flying for me. And we still have August to deal with
So the good side to it will be the 300exp will be ready for some better flying temperatures. Its so nice to have something to look forward to.
wantoofly is offline Find More Posts by wantoofly
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:31 PM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill View Post
Yes, changes to differentiate it from the Edge would be great. What changes do you suggest? Let's hope that Mr. Hinson has not already selected the second color scheme for the 60" Extra EXP.
If I was going to do the scheme in red, yellow and black, I would put some curves in the design, the edge has a lot of straight lines where the extra is a tad more curvy, maybe basically the same scheme just with some sweeping curved lines. There really isn't a scheme that Chris has come up yet that I haven't liked so I'm sure what ever it is is going to be awesome
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
Chester NJ
Joined Nov 2005
364 Posts
Quote:
The Extra is truly amazing!

That would great Lee! IRG, and My self are driving out to Xsubsailers Club in Washington, NJ on Sunday.. You should come!
Hey Tim,
You guys should drive out to my field about 20 min. from their field. We just have a bit of corn. But it's 1/4 mile to the closest trees!! I fly my 110" Yak out of it and have no problems! Dennis will be out there too on Sunday.Maybe Lafe also!
I wish Chris would make more of these gas optional !
Anyways,nice write up!
Frank
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:25 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Joined Mar 2011
148 Posts
That looks awesome!, once again Chris puts out another fantastic airplane
JaseTheAce is offline Find More Posts by JaseTheAce
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:56 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr View Post
Hey Tim,
You guys should drive out to my field about 20 min. from their field. We just have a bit of corn. But it's 1/4 mile to the closest trees!! I fly my 110" Yak out of it and have no problems! Dennis will be out there too on Sunday.Maybe Lafe also!
I wish Chris would make more of these gas optional !
Anyways,nice write up!
Frank
Sounds good! I would like to hit both fields. If you guys go there early? I'll hit you first..Would love to see that 88" Edge in action..

I just flew a few packs threw my 60" Edge EXP, and that thing is amazing!! It does Inverted elevators like it's full of helium! And hovers like it's on a string! I took a few moves from Hurc's video, and flew my 60" without the SFG's. It looked just like the 88" in the air. Got to dig that blue, and yellow..

It Makes me that much more excited for the Extra
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:25 PM
Chester NJ
Joined Nov 2005
364 Posts
Quote:
Sounds good! I would like to hit both fields. If you guys go there early? I'll hit you first..Would love to see that 88" Edge in action..

I just flew a few packs threw my 60" Edge EXP, and that thing is amazing!! It does Inverted elevators like it's full of helium! And hovers like it's on a string! I took a few moves from Hurc's video, and flew my 60" without the SFG's. It looked just like the 88" in the air. Got to dig that blue, and yellow..

It Makes me that much more excited for the Extra
Ill probably be taking the 110" Yak this time out. I need to get a better prop for my Edge. Dennis ordered his 88" Edge the other day in Red/wht/blu..
I should be there like 10 am. I'll pm you the field addy for your gps. I'm sure you have one of those?
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:54 PM
Physics hate's my ideas
USA, NY, Dunkirk
Joined May 2007
3,912 Posts
The intro pic is definitely eye catching haha

Nice bird looks very stable and responsive
GreenAce92 is offline Find More Posts by GreenAce92
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:22 PM
RCTC
USA, MI, Traverse City
Joined Feb 2005
49 Posts
looks good

I like the color choices
rctc is offline Find More Posts by rctc
Old Aug 01, 2011, 06:19 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctc View Post
I like the color choices

The pictures don't do it justice! Must have plane!!
Old Aug 01, 2011, 09:08 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,648 Posts
when they say late summer, are we talking late August or Sept?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Aug 01, 2011, 10:17 AM
Cosa Nostra EXP
Desio (MB - Italy)
Joined Apr 2007
325 Posts
Tim, you are soooo lucky. Keep up the good work.

I'm drooling also on this one.

Max.
Exsocio is offline Find More Posts by Exsocio