to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:56 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
the blue is really growing on me.like the red sfgs,dont like the red nose cone lol.I dont know what other color Id use tho.
I was planning to get a Great Planes spun aluminum spinner for it but never got around to it. It's like $30 by the time you get the adapter nut, so I have kinda been putting it off.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
The rubber tube you cut in half then cut tubing down one side. Spread this apart and wrap around fairings. Glue in place.

To install fairings I install landing gear, mount the fairings then mark the spot on the LG where the fairing sit flush with the fuse.

Remove fairings, THen use 5 minute epoxy or another good adhesive, apply it above the mark sort of liberally but not to where it will drip too much, install fairings and tape in place. Turn the fuse over and let gravity do its thing.
Thank you, i've got it now
Ahmd is offline Find More Posts by Ahmd
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:44 AM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
the blue is really growing on me.like the red sfgs,dont like the red nose cone lol.I dont know what other color Id use tho.
Lots of people love the red, but that blue scheme has been one of my favorites on any plane. The fact that it's scale makes it even better. I miss the one that I sold. Maybe I'll have to get a 91 now!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:06 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Lots of people love the red, but that blue scheme has been one of my favorites on any plane. The fact that it's scale makes it even better. I miss the one that I sold. Maybe I'll have to get a 91 now!
I fly the red/blk/white scheme and really love it, but I am thinking the blue/red/white scheme might give you better overall orientation in the sky because of the red underwings vs the black.
gabrielisrael is online now Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:03 PM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
I fly the red/blk/white scheme and really love it, but I am thinking the blue/red/white scheme might give you better overall orientation in the sky because of the red underwings vs the black.
It definitely pops in the sky. The contrast is great.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:14 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,445 Posts
Subscribed... just got my invoice receipt form EF and hope she ships tomorrow. Gear out of my Edge (RIP) will be going in this one. Went with RBW... and hope to get it a big brother (91") this summer. Any mods recommended?
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:26 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Subscribed... just got my invoice receipt form EF and hope she ships tomorrow. Gear out of my Edge (RIP) will be going in this one. Went with RBW... and hope to get it a big brother (91") this summer. Any mods recommended?
Glad to see you getting one of these. Mine has been really awesome.

First, don't hinge the elevator too tight. I've got 65 degrees of travel and for my flying style I use every bit of it.

Depending on your batteries you might want to pick up a dubro tailwheel with aluminum hub. I'm running 6s 3850 65C packs and came out a bit nose heavy, and the tailwheel makes a big difference in the CG.

One other thing.... if you are using the standard tailwheel, don't trim off the extra wire on the tailwheel wire that the wheel itself spins on. If you do need to go to the Dubro wheel it is wider, and then you need all of that axle that's there to get the wheel and wheel collar on.

If you are using Hi Tec HS5245MG servos you almost have to reprogram the servos or the dead bands can be set anywhere from 1 to 16. The lower the number, the better. At 1 the servos center really solid, but at 16 they are awful. Even up around 5 or 6 you'll be chasing your trims all day.

That and check my blog reports for great set up photos.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:44 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Glad to see you getting one of these. Mine has been really awesome.

First, don't hinge the elevator too tight. I've got 65 degrees of travel and for my flying style I use every bit of it.

Depending on your batteries you might want to pick up a dubro tailwheel with aluminum hub. I'm running 6s 3850 65C packs and came out a bit nose heavy, and the tailwheel makes a big difference in the CG.

One other thing.... if you are using the standard tailwheel, don't trim off the extra wire on the tailwheel wire that the wheel itself spins on. If you do need to go to the Dubro wheel it is wider, and then you need all of that axle that's there to get the wheel and wheel collar on.

If you are using Hi Tec HS5245MG servos you almost have to reprogram the servos or the dead bands can be set anywhere from 1 to 16. The lower the number, the better. At 1 the servos center really solid, but at 16 they are awful. Even up around 5 or 6 you'll be chasing your trims all day.

That and check my blog reports for great set up photos.
Thanks for the heads up on the wheel, Doc. The HS-7245s from the edge will be going in the Extra running on 8.2V regulated and dead bands are already set to 1. Would strongly recommend them as they are quite a bit faster side by side with the 5245s and noticeably stronger in high speed rolls. Pricy but IMO, well worth it. I will be running 6s 3000-3300 (500-535grams) so I hope that there will be no issue with balance.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:55 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,351 Posts
good info. I was getting 720 degree per second rolls on the 5245s, but that was WOT with a 15x6. I thought that was pretty fast. Verified with slow motion video playback. Do you think a 15x8 would result in blowback?
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:08 AM
Joined Oct 2011
4,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
good info. I was getting 720 degree per second rolls on the 5245s, but that was WOT with a 15x6. I thought that was pretty fast. Verified with slow motion video playback. Do you think a 15x8 would result in blowback?
I honestly don't know... but I do know you will have less of a chance of blowback with the 7245 running HV. With a 16x8 on the edge, I didn't notice any straight and level WOT... but thought I was getting some in a high speed dive.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:09 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,446 Posts
Quote:
I will be running 6s 3000-3300 (500-535grams) so I hope that there will be no issue with balance.
The plane is designed for 3300s, so you should be dead on, even without the dubro tailwheel.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:12 AM
Joined Oct 2011
4,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
The plane is designed for 3300s, so you should be dead on, even without the dubro tailwheel.
Sweet, how does the extra do with the extra batt weight for low and slow... compared to the Edge and MXS?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:32 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Sweet, how does the extra do with the extra batt weight for low and slow... compared to the Edge and MXS?
The extra handles the weight really well. It tracks a bit better and snaps harder but it does feel it a bit more than the others low and slow imo.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:05 AM
United States, OR, Molalla
Joined Oct 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
I have 6S 4000 batteries and my Extra does great in low slow 3D.
jlloyd1995 is offline Find More Posts by jlloyd1995