SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:23 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
IThe MKII motor is worth the wait, but then you might miss out on the airframe since you probably want the combo deal.
When you order the airframe, tell them you wnat the combo, and when the power system comes in you'll get it at the combo price. Just call Curtis and he'll take care of you.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:56 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
When you order the airframe, tell them you wnat the combo, and when the power system comes in you'll get it at the combo price. Just call Curtis and he'll take care of you.
That is what I guessed, but I figured it was for EF to say. Thanks for the clarification.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,044 Posts
My 60" Extra has taken a real beating. If you have seen any of our later videos you'll see that I cut her no slack. I just went completely through the entire airplane checking everything, tightening the covering and scrubbing her clean. If I get a new set of SFGs she'de look like a brand new plane.

I have not had a chance to fly this plane recently, so I am really looking forward to flying it hard again soom.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:23 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
She looks great Doc! I cut mine no slack either and it takes everything that I throw at it with stride!
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:44 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
They is tough, smacked mine good into the ground last week attempting harrier turn around way too close to the ground and stalled three pointer into the deck.

Broke the prop, cracked a wheel pant and pulled bottom rudder hinge out of the wood.

20 minutes and she is back and flying sweet as ever.

I much prefer my extra to my 60" edge for straight lines and general 3D. The edge is still my most unloved and hucked of the two, but its really showing its age.

I use my edge these days when club visitors want to see what a violent 3D plane can do.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Looks pretty new DA.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:02 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,044 Posts
Quote:
Looks pretty new DA.
Amazing, isn't it? This plane spent most of late spring and summer flying a prototype Torque 4015/500 motor. I had to fly it hard every time out to try to break the motor so this plane has been pretty thoroughly thrashed.

I am so pleased with how it cleaned up it that I am going to order a new set of SFGs and wheel pants for it. Then it will look absolutely brand new. I thought I would lose interest in this plane when the 60" MXS came out, but I guess I am a little weird for Extras.

The right SFG gets it the worst because I like to slow roll on take off and drag it a little on the ground. Once or twice I've held it there a little too long and scraped off some wood so that one is looking pretty ratty. I've recovered the tip a few times but now it's getting to be visibly shorter than the left one and might be getting to where it effects the flying. Worse still is the vinyl decal for the SFGs are about $8 apiece!

Pardonnez-moi and Excusez-moi if you have seen this before, but here's our last 60" Extra EXP video..........

Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Did you go 16x8 on the motor all summer?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:30 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,044 Posts
Quote:
Did you go 16x8 on the motor all summer?
Oh, no. I ran the APC with a few times but I had to be careful with it. I've since switched to Xoar 16/8 and it rips on that. We did a lot of different things with props and motors this summer and the Torque 4016/500 Mk II with a Xoar 16/8 was the best and most reliable performer.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:46 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
I've got about 80 flights on mine swinging a xoar 16x8 pjn.. The MKII has taken everything I've thrown at, and more! V1 was great, but the 4016T/500 MKII is amazing, and so far it's bullet prof with the Xoar 16x8.. I wouldn't run a APC 16" the amp draw is much higher, than the identical xoar.

If you can't get a xoar, I would probably run a APC 16x7, but always check your numbers with a watt metter to conferm!

We had the most gorgeous day at the club! 5mph wind, sunny and 70deg..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Oct 28, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:01 AM
Smokin out the pits!!!
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2008
271 Posts
These xoar props you guys are running, are they the standard series or the electric version?
HELLFIRE989 is offline Find More Posts by HELLFIRE989
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Pjn (electric)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:46 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLFIRE989 View Post
These xoar props you guys are running, are they the standard series or the electric version?
This is my fav; http://www.espritmodel.com/xoar-prop...hite-pjmw.aspx

Coming soon of course.

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:11 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Very cool! I needed a hs35 for a indoor plane, so I just ordered it from them and I grabbed a white pjn for my 48" laser..
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:52 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
I've got about 80 flights on mine swinging a xoar 16x8 pjn.. The MKII has taken everything I've thrown at, and more! V1 was great, but the 4016T/500 MKII is amazing, and so far it's bullet prof with the Xoar 16x8.. I wouldn't run a APC 16" the amp draw is much higher, than the identical xoar.

If you can't get a xoar, I would probably run a APC 16x7, but always check your numbers with a watt metter to conferm!
We had the most gorgeous day at the club! 5mph wind, sunny and 70deg..
That is called the calm before the storm. The entire week we were below 5mph wind and 75+ down here in GA. Of course I have yet to find my run to field just for a quick afternoon session.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member