HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:47 PM
Malaysia, Johor, Muar
Joined May 2012
35 Posts
thanks alot guy.
for sure I will get this extra but maybe takes times
cause the airframe alone cost almost half of my salary.

Ducati Mechanic maybe I can use your help in the future
magoo308 is offline Find More Posts by magoo308
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:58 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo308 View Post
thanks alot guy.
for sure I will get this extra but maybe takes times
cause the airframe alone cost almost half of my salary.

Ducati Mechanic maybe I can use your help in the future
Any time! It will cost a little more(shipping to me first), but Ill double box some stuff, and ship it to you.
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:55 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
My experience flying both the 3DHS 57" Extra and the EF 60" Extra on 4s power systems is that both can fly fast or slow.

The 3DHS 57" Extra has always been my favorite airframe, and when I first got my EF 60" Extra, I still felt the same. However, once I hit the 60+ flights on the Extreme Flight, and flew them back to back, there is no question that the better flyer is the Extreme Flight.

Couple that with Extreme Flights best in class customer service, and superior airframe build quality.

3DHS makes awesome airframes, I have owned many, but in this size range, the Extreme Flight Extra and Edge do fly better.
Well said and good insight as too not having a terribly biased opinion.

My extra flies SSSLLOOOOWWWWW in harrier. It took me a bit to get used to the larger size moving from a foamy but once you get used to harrier this thing crawls down the runway.

I heard PAs own Michael Wargo say it's not so much the equipment as it is the skillset you bring to the table. Honestly any of the planes will work great but for myself it's the 60" Extra in all attitudes. It just has a wide flight envelope wihtout catering to any single style. I guess to sum it up it loves fast aggressive flying but can marionette with the best of em.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:57 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,144 Posts
To SFG or not to SFG

I commented a while ago that I liked the planes characteristics without SFGs.

Opinions change! After giving them the benefit of the doubt for the last month, I took them off yesterday and that lasted all but about 2 flights.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:25 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,280 Posts
I prefer them on if the wind is less than 10mph, I take them off if it is more
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:50 PM
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Jun 2007
1,167 Posts
ok, so i got an amazing deal on this bird..i love it and fly the crap out of it..

my question is about the horrible screaching that happens in flight when i throttle down, i have heard about setting idles and all, and i have done this, but is this really common practice for some models? i fly mainly edf, where esc and motor timing is crucial. is this a flaw? or is it designed into the plane? even after i set what i thought was a reasonable idle, i still got that loud noise and motor lock which caused me to put her in kinda hard, i havent flown her since, i would hate to lose her because of this.. if this is the way the motor/esc combo is setup, then why is my e/f plane the only one that does this? PLEASE HELP!
kremecheze is offline Find More Posts by kremecheze
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:58 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
ok, so i got an amazing deal on this bird..i love it and fly the crap out of it..

my question is about the horrible screaching that happens in flight when i throttle down, i have heard about setting idles and all, and i have done this, but is this really common practice for some models? i fly mainly edf, where esc and motor timing is crucial. is this a flaw? or is it designed into the plane? even after i set what i thought was a reasonable idle, i still got that loud noise and motor lock which caused me to put her in kinda hard, i havent flown her since, i would hate to lose her because of this.. if this is the way the motor/esc combo is setup, then why is my e/f plane the only one that does this? PLEASE HELP!
Are you using an airboss ESC with the torque motor? If so, reset your timing. Check shaft to bell set screws and your bearings. (Disclosure, I haven't had to check the bearings so this is blind advice). Make sure your shaft collar is on good.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:02 PM
Joined Jun 2007
1,167 Posts
yes i am using the airboss/torque combo. the motor is mechanically sound. so it must be a timing issue.. how do i reset the timing on airboss esc's, and what is the default setting? would lower or higher timing aleaviate this problem?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,333 Posts
I believe lower, but I haven't had the problem myself, just read about it after a friend built a target mig and had the problem with his motor--but he switched motors before we could experiment.

The programming manual can be found here: airboss programming manual...of course, take the prop off while programming.

Just try restoring to factory defaults first.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:13 PM
Joined Jun 2007
1,167 Posts
gotcha, i will try this is the am, its very weird that i seem to be the only one with this issue
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:34 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,370 Posts
Edit: Ooops, sorry. Lonewolf beat me to it.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:02 AM
United States, KY, Morning View
Joined Feb 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo308 View Post
hi all,

im ready for my next 3d plane after my addiction.
Its either EF Extra 60 of PA katana MX.
Can anybody help me?

Tq
-alif-
EXTREME FLIGHT EXTRA 60"
I would consider myself new to 3d so i dont know if my opinion is worth any thing I buoght this plane after flying my 41" edge for a year and i have to say that my
60" extra exp is the best flying airplane i have ever had and i love the looks of it you can fly it slow or fast it dont care and the biggest bonus of all it makes me look better than what i am
bjackson1206 is offline Find More Posts by bjackson1206
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:51 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Sounds like a great opinion to me! It's official, it counts!

Congrats. I know how you feel, and the best part is, the learning never stops! When I see a pilot like D. Holman fly these EXP's, I know there's always something new to learn, and with these planes you can!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:46 PM
Malaysia, Johor, Muar
Joined May 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjackson1206 View Post
EXTREME FLIGHT EXTRA 60"
I would consider myself new to 3d so i dont know if my opinion is worth any thing I buoght this plane after flying my 41" edge for a year and i have to say that my
60" extra exp is the best flying airplane i have ever had and i love the looks of it you can fly it slow or fast it dont care and the biggest bonus of all it makes me look better than what i am

Thanks
already gearing up to buy this plane.

just want to ask you all.
for 3D flying MODE 1 or MODE 2 are better.
Im flying MODE 1 and find it quite difficult to do fast continous roll.
any thoughts?

Thanx
magoo308 is offline Find More Posts by magoo308
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,333 Posts
I don't know but I heard it is easier to do a rolling harrier in mode 1.