HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:50 PM
United States, TX, Pflugerville
Joined Jan 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
Gentlemen, happy new year! First let me say thanks to all of you who have become members of the Extreme Flight EXP "Air Force" this year. My wife Melissa and I certainly appreciate your business and we sincerely hope that you get as much enjoyment out of these aircraft as we have.
Tim, Doc and others, I certainly appreciate the enthusiasm you guys put forth about our Torque and Airboss power systems. We put a lot of effort into making the best use of these systems when designing new aircraft and try to offer our customers a bolt-on, no hassle power solution that will provide them with all the power they need to perform any maneuver they can conjure up. When potential customers call up and ask if the stock power system needs to be upgraded I point them to the numerous videos of Daniel Holman, Chris Jewett, Doc Austin, Tim Semeraro, and various others who show that the Torque/Airboss set-up is more than adequate for even the most demanding pilots. Truth be told about 90% of the electric aircraft that leave our warehouse are shipped with the recommended power system. I realize however that there are certainly other power systems that will work equally as well that customers may already have and prefer to use. I am fine with that! While I would certainly like to sell a power system with each aircraft I realize it is unrealistic to expect this.
The power of a forum like RCG lies in the combined knowledge base of its members. It works best when a free exchange of ideas and information is allowed. Far too often time and bandwidth are wasted with bickering that is unnecessary. At the end of the day we are all brothers that are united by a common interest and I'm sure if any of us were to meet at the flying field we'd all have a blast shooting the breeze and putting our EXPs through the wringer!
I'm going to do my best to make sure 2012 is a great year by staying focused on my family, my health, my job, my music and bringing some of the most radical high performance aircraft to market to satiate the 3D fantasies of all my like minded brethren around the globe. Lets all do our part to keep these forums a place where we can freely share our experience and knowledge with others and help everybody get the most from this hobby that they possibly can.
All the best my friends!
Chris Hinson
Extreme Flight RC
A post I like reading from a manufacturer! Looking forward to trying my first EF some day!
Hav2fly is offline Find More Posts by Hav2fly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:51 PM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,139 Posts
Quote:
Extreme Flight EXP "Air Force"
I like that and I agree with everything else you said as well.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:52 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
OK, too much bickering, here's a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxiIqRtc_00

Not my best but it was on New Year's day, if you know what I mean. And that's on 4S, so commence arguing!
uh, we'll need the prop size and brand to really get the argument going!

nice flying Cody.
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:56 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,354 Posts
Quote:

Not my best but it was on New Year's day, if you know what I mean. And that's on 4S, so commence arguing!
As always, killer job Cody! I think there's Somthing wrong with your servo's? They move way to fast.. Are you speeding that up..

Welcome back Chris, Thanks!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:57 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
and THAT is one of the reasons why I do business with Extreme flight. That and the owner is a Hodgehound,after all.
Speaking of which,Chris,might wanna get some water proof servos for SEFF. Have you seen the new Hodges Hobbies lake yet? I dunked a rudder in it saturday a few times.
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:26 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,068 Posts
Quote:
Great Googally Moogally! That is 4s? Do tell! Prop, Motor, Lipo, Esc, AUW?
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:29 PM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,139 Posts
Quote:
That was on 4s!? What is your set up and include the servos too.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:39 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,334 Posts
Quote:
Gentlemen, happy new year! First let me say thanks to all of you who have become members of the Extreme Flight EXP "Air Force" this year. My wife Melissa and I certainly appreciate your business and we sincerely hope that you get as much enjoyment out of these aircraft as we have.
Tim, Doc and others, I certainly appreciate the enthusiasm you guys put forth about our Torque and Airboss power systems. We put a lot of effort into making the best use of these systems when designing new aircraft and try to offer our customers a bolt-on, no hassle power solution that will provide them with all the power they need to perform any maneuver they can conjure up. When potential customers call up and ask if the stock power system needs to be upgraded I point them to the numerous videos of Daniel Holman, Chris Jewett, Doc Austin, Tim Semeraro, and various others who show that the Torque/Airboss set-up is more than adequate for even the most demanding pilots. Truth be told about 90% of the electric aircraft that leave our warehouse are shipped with the recommended power system. I realize however that there are certainly other power systems that will work equally as well that customers may already have and prefer to use. I am fine with that! While I would certainly like to sell a power system with each aircraft I realize it is unrealistic to expect this.
The power of a forum like RCG lies in the combined knowledge base of its members. It works best when a free exchange of ideas and information is allowed. Far too often time and bandwidth are wasted with bickering that is unnecessary. At the end of the day we are all brothers that are united by a common interest and I'm sure if any of us were to meet at the flying field we'd all have a blast shooting the breeze and putting our EXPs through the wringer!
I'm going to do my best to make sure 2012 is a great year by staying focused on my family, my health, my job, my music and bringing some of the most radical high performance aircraft to market to satiate the 3D fantasies of all my like minded brethren around the globe. Lets all do our part to keep these forums a place where we can freely share our experience and knowledge with others and help everybody get the most from this hobby that they possibly can.
All the best my friends!
Chris Hinson
Extreme Flight RC
Awesome post! I'm really looking forward to the 2012 Extreme Flight experience! See ya at the Frosty Dog!

Quote:

Nice stuff Cody!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:52 PM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot
United States, OH, Amelia
Joined Apr 2008
1,501 Posts
Quote:
All the best my friends!
Chris Hinson
Extreme Flight RC
Thank You Chris!
Well said!
I hope you and your family will have a great new year as well!

Andreas
AndreasHeger is offline Find More Posts by AndreasHeger
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:06 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,952 Posts
Quote:

Hey Cody,

What motor and ESC are you running?

JC
JC Spohr is online now Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:09 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
All the best my friends!
Chris Hinson
Extreme Flight RC
Well put. You guys truly do make some of the best flying aircraft I've ever flown. I'm really excited to see/fly the new EXP's you guys are planning on releasing!

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:10 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
7,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
See ya at the Frosty Dog!
What's the Frosty Dog?
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:20 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,655 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Here's the skinny on my setup:

Reaper GR-60
ZTW 85 ESC
Xoar 15x8
Genesis Power 4500 mah 55C 4S or Sky LiPo 4400 mah 40C 4S (this video was with the Genesis).
Castle BEC set to 8.4V
Hitec 7245MH servos

I'm getting 1380 watts on a fresh charge with the Genesis batteries, 1350 with the Sky's. The plane is 5.2 lb with the Sky LiPo's, 5.4 with the Genesis.

I went with 4S because I had the motor and some batteries...and I'm very happy with it. If I were starting from scratch I would probably go 6S. I have some friends who have 48" airplanes, and I have a A40-12L that I want to get rid of...so I'm going to try to talk one of them into setting up a 60" airplane on 8S

We can argue about setup all we want but at the end of the day, there are many different set-ups that will work great.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:26 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
What's the Frosty Dog?
Jan 14 at Triple Tree. http://www.joenall.com/new/frosty/Fr...ric%202012.pdf
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:30 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
7,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
oooh, That looks VERY PROMISING for ME

Should have the 60" Edge up and running by then. Thanks fo the heads up!