SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:21 PM
Never Under estimate the power
United States, MA, North Attleboro
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Discussion
Massachusetts & Southern New England Hobby Shops

Adjusting the purpose of this thread to create a listing of Hobby Shops throughout Southern New England (CT, MA, NH, RI). I firmly believe that supporting your LHS is in your own best interest and the interest of our hobby. The privately owned local shops support our clubs, our hobby, and our communities (many have employees and provide summer jobs and first time work experience to young hobbyists). Most stock the same parts you'd order from an online shop. In most cases you save money by avoiding shipping fees (especially from over seas dealers).

If you run a shop in Southern New England, please post here and I'll add you to the list. If you're close enough (I'm in S.E MA) I'll probably drop by to check it out in person.

Updated 5/13/12

Massachusetts

Centerline Hobbies
167 Corporation Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
(508) 771-1244
1(800) 675-1244
Monday - Friday: 10am ~ 8pm
Saturday: 10am ~ 5pm
Sunday: Noon ~ 5pm
http://www.centerlinehobbies.com/

Creative Hobbies
71 Northbridge Road
P.O. BOX 422
Mendon, MA 01756
508-473-8259
CreativeHobbies.net
Finally made a trip here. Good well stocked shop with a lot of kits and parts available. They offer layaway plans. Hours can vary so check their site. This shop is located behind the owners house in a residential area, so don't think google maps has freaked out on you when you look it up.
They are strong supporters of The Lazy Loopers RC Club of Wrentham, MA.

CME Hobbies
2277 State Road Unit C.
Plymouth MA 02360
508-833-0982
www.cmehobbies.com
Never been here myself (the one time I was in the area they were closed), but I've heard good things.

Hanson Hobby
830 Main Street Post Office Box 150
Hanson, Massachusetts 02341
781 293-2804
www.HansonHobby.com

A general service hobby shop specialized in Radio Control Models

Hobby Fever
Billerica, MA
HobbyFever.com
Good shop with helpful staff. They have an assortment of hobbies in store, but they are RC focused. I've only been there once personally but it's a little closer to Boston and NH so it might be a better option for those near the NH border or north of the city. They have online ordering. Open Sundays

Hog Heaven Hobbies
494 Main Street
Sturbridge, MA
508-347-9350
HogHeavenHobbies.com
A Full-Line Hobby Shop Specializing in Radio Control. Open 7 Days, check site for hours.
Good selection of RC parts and accessories, ARFs and kits, engines and motors. Hog Heaven is a full-line shop, with airplanes, helicopters, cars, boats, plastics, railroad, and rockets.

They offer a loyalty program, free to sign up, which earns you 2% store credit with every purchase. And I support every club whose members support me. A club may receive free goods for club events worth 2.5% of its clubmembers' purchases.

RC Hover's Hobby Stop
Foxfield Plaza
369 Central St.
Foxboro MA, 02035
508-549-9959
rchover.com, Hobbyquarters.com You can also find them on Twitter and Facebook.
Good RC shop specializing in Helis and Cars/trucks (Big outdoor track open as weather permits). Great selection of planes as well. They are also a good all around shop with trains, plastic models, and an assortment of paints. They have a limited selection of balsa for scratch builders, but no kits on hand. Though if there is anything they don't have they're willing to special order for you. Their brick and mortar store is open 7 days a week and they have a very complete online ordering site as well (HobbyQuarters.com). This is the shop closest my home, so I go there a lot.
Strong supporters of the NE Heli Crew.

Toyz for Boyz
12 Cove St.
New Bedford, MA 02744
508-990-0025
http://toyz4boyzinc.com/

Rhode Island

Apponaug Color & Hobby Shop Inc.HobbyRI
1364 Greenwich Ave.
Warwick, R I 02886
(401) 737-5506
http://www.hobbyri.com/
Not sure how I missed these guys.I use to summer in RI (from Florida, go fig)when I was about 10-15 and they were within walking distance. An all around hobby shop that has been around for half a century. Heavily train based, but model kits and RC hobbies especially Fixed wing aircraft are available, too.

Brand's The Hobby Place
2193 Mineral Spring Ave.
North Providence, RI 02911
(401)231-5380
Brandshobby.com
About 25 minutes south of the MA line in Rhode Island. Good shop, friendly staff. No online ordering. Store hours change seasonally so check the site before making the trip. Shop is owned by the current AMA Region I Vice President.

Ray's Hobbies
190 Buttonwoods Ave.
Warwick, R.I. 02886
401-738-4908
http://www.rayshobbiess.com
Good shop covering all RC hobbies. Lots of parts. Has some kits and a good assortment of build supplies. Open Sundays.

New Hampshire

RC Buyer's Warehouse
95 Northeastern Blvd.
Nashua, NH 03062
(603) 595-2494
rcbuyerswarehouse.com
Well stocked shop with literally thousands of parts on hand. Also one of the few shops around that stocks a large assortment of stick built kits. Online Ordering available. I make the trip pretty often because it's literally the RC Plane Hobbyist's Lowes or Home depot. If they don't have it, you probably don't need it. Seriously, their spinner inventory is larger than some shops entire inventory. Closed Sundays.

Connecticut

Al's Hobbies
327 Main Ave.
Norwalk, CT 06851
(203) 846-9932
Gerald D. Jarvis
"Everything for the R/C Hobbyist"
Just south of the Parkway across the street from the old Burger King.
Door around right in back.
Wed. Fri. Sat 11:00AM - 5:00PM, Tues. Thurs. Fri 7:00PM - 9:00PM.

Heritage Hobbies
http://www.heritagehobbies.com/
33 Danbury Road (Route 7)
Wilton, CT 06897
Telephone: (203) 834-0441
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Friday 10AM - 6PM
Saturday 10AM - 5:30PM
Sunday 11AM - 5PM

H&H Hobbies

63 Main Street
Old Mystic, CT 06372
(860) 245-5221
www.HHhobbies.com
Monday - Friday 11:30AM - 5:00PM
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Really nice shop with a super friendly, knowledgeable and helpful owner. Great selection of BP Hobby motors in stock along with a variety of Hitec servos for most applications. Some kits and ARFs too. Will special order if asked.

Hobbytown Stamford
1131 High Ridge Road
Stamford, CT 06905
(203) 588-9843
Mon-Thu 10am–7pm
Fri 10am–8pm
Sat 10am–6pm
Sun 11am–5pm

Lee's Toy and Hobby
Groton, CT
A little bit of everything. Really impressive of model aircraft hanging from the ceiling all made by a local modeler. RC selection is pretty good, lots of cars but a good selection of the expected Eflite/Parkzone and some Great Planes ARFs.
http://www.leestoyandhobby.com
935 Poquonnock Rd
Groton, CT 06340

Mon-Thu. Sat 9:30AM - 5:30PM
Fri 9:30AM - 8:00PM
Sun 11:00AM - 4:00PM
(860) 445-4411

RC Madness
Enfield CT
Primarily focused on rc cars, they have 4 tracks sometimes 5 and they have great service
http://www.rcmadness.com

Quantum Hobbies
17 High Street
Stonington, CT 06378
860-415-4509
http://www.quantumhobby.com/
Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/QuantumHobby
Tuesday-Saturday 10:00AM -5:00PM
Closed Sunday-Monday

Nice shop, lots of electronics and spare parts for E-flite/Parkzone/Blade. Mostly planes and Helis, but some cars and also other hobbies (some might argue 'arts and craft') available.

Amato's Toy and Hobby
Middletown CT
http://www.amatostoyandhobby.com/

Branford Hobbies
Branford CT
609 W Main St, #1, Branford, CT 06405
(203) 488-9865
http://www.branfordhobbies.com

Build Right Fly Right Hobbies
Wallingford, CT
342 Quinnipiac Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
(203) 269-6761

While BRFR specializes in planes, helicopters, rockets, boats, gas engines and electric motors, RC equipment and supplies, our major commitment is to SERVICE and TRAINING.
Come see our new location - the only model shop in the Northeast to offer an indoor flying cage for electric RC helicopters, Ultra light RC planes, and a Slotless mini RC race car track,
http://www.brfrhobbies.com/

RC Hobbies n More

Winsted, CT

200 New Hartford Road
Winsted, CT 06098
(860) 738-7534
http://www.rchobbiesandmore.com

Time Machine Hobby
Manchester, CT

71 Hilliard St
Manchester, CT 06042
860-533-0484

www.​timemachinehobby.​com
RickSide is offline Find More Posts by RickSide
Last edited by RickSide; Oct 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:51 AM
Roo
United States, MA, Westfield
Joined Aug 2011
46 Posts
RC Madness
Enfield CT
Primarily focused on rc cars, they have 4 tracks sometimes 5 and they have great service
rcmadness.com
Roo3 is offline Find More Posts by Roo3
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:03 PM
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
I've updated info for a couple of shops on the list and added a couple of new shops. Again, if you're within a reasonable drive of the Boston area, post your favorite hobby shop and I'll add to the list.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:39 PM
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Sadly I've just been to the Ashland Hobbytown USA and learned they are closing their doors in a month.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 08:13 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Great heli & plane shop with great prices and nice people.

CME Hobbies
2277 State Road Unit C.
Plymouth Ma 02360
508-833-0982
www.cmehobbies.com
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:44 PM
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Update. Added CME and removed Hobby Town
Old Feb 19, 2012, 09:03 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
Rick, you're welcome to check out my shop and site. I'm a tiny shop but am will do my best to help my customers. www.HHhobbies.com
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H View Post
Rick, you're welcome to check out my shop and site. I'm a tiny shop but am will do my best to help my customers. www.HHhobbies.com

Added you to the list. My better half and I wander down to Mystic several times a year (we're only about an hour away here in North Attleboro). Since this weekend looks like a poor flying weekend, maybe we'll wander down on Saturday if you're open.

Also cleaned up the list to make the state headings a bit more obvious and help make it easier to see where each shop is located.
Last edited by RickSide; Feb 22, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:05 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
Rick, I work as a musician on weekends so the shop is usually closed but since I don't have any gigs this weekend and the shop is right behind my home, I'd be happy to open up for you guys if you were in the neighborhood.
I'll probably be putzing around the shop a little tomorrow anyway. I'll PM you my cell # so if you decide to take a ride you can call me so I'll be around.
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Added details for H&H Hobbies of Old Mystic, CT and added Quantum Hobby of Stonington, CT. Alphabetized the listing of shops within each state.
Last edited by RickSide; Feb 25, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:25 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
There's "Toyz for Boyz" in New Bedford, Ma. Good little shop with lots of heli's and cars with a dirt track.

Hansen Hobbies still in business?

There's a new shop which opened in Fall River as well. Its a friend of a club member of mine. Don't know the name but its near the intersection of S.Main and Globe St. I'll find out more details.

There's "Centerline Hobbies" in Hyannis. Never been but supposed to be a large shop.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
There's "Toyz for Boyz" in New Bedford, Ma. Good little shop with lots of heli's and cars with a dirt track.

Hansen Hobbies still in business?

There's a new shop which opened in Fall River as well. Its a friend of a club member of mine. Don't know the name but its near the intersection of S.Main and Globe St. I'll find out more details.

There's "Centerline Hobbies" in Hyannis. Never been but supposed to be a large shop.
Added Centerline (Which I'll have to check out. Sounds cool) and Toyz for Boyz. Not familiar with the other two, but if you can get the info, I'll add them to the list.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:22 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSide View Post
Added Centerline (Which I'll have to check out. Sounds cool) and Toyz for Boyz. Not familiar with the other two, but if you can get the info, I'll add them to the list.
http://www.hansonhobby.com/

I'll get the Fall River shops info soon.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:04 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Hanson Hobby is definitely still in business. It's a great place to go to, and reminds me a lot of the hobby shops I went to as a kid.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Added Hanson Hobby. Man I'm going to be racking up some gas bills, I can see it now. Lots of great shops I never knew about and probably others didn't either. Which is the whole point of this thread. Outstanding.