HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:56 AM
USA, ME, Caribou
Joined Nov 2006
181 Posts
Discussion
Telink/ Twisted Hobbys Xtra Slick (big)

I thought I would start a thread for this new offering. I am looking forward to getting this one and if it flies as well as the original slick it will be an awesome plane. I like the idea of being able to use my 450 heli batteries in it also. I have a bunch of nano 2200 3S waiting for a plane

http://www.shop.twistedhobbys.com/Te...xtra-Slick.htm
maineflyer1 is offline Find More Posts by maineflyer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2011, 09:31 AM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,245 Posts
Thanks maineflyer1, this is one of our biggest project that took quite some time to complete. Having multiple people work on different design areas was new and challenging but fun for us. They will be arriving in a few weeks; we do not have a production video only prototype footage. They will go quickly once we open up orders, some customer have already pre-paid via email requests.

Battery size that was used in testing were 1550mah-1800mah in standard battery location do to the shorter coupling (gave us a neutral balance). As with all Telink models 2200mah will balance fine just needs to be more aft.

The construction will be basically the same as the Yak/SU with a few small upgrade differences in the build, we will explain in detail. Everyone has their favorite model be it may the Yak or the SU for different reason. The Yak is very good 3d and precise but doesn't roll as fast as the SU does. The Extra Slick fly’s much differently than both the SU and the Yak, it’s the fastest roller and most precise out of all the Telinks. It’s basically the hot rod of Telinks since you can go fast plus carve at the same time Give us some time to get the production video up so you guys can see the final product. Oh.. and since its bigger than the Xtra Slick we added an E to the name

Thanks again for the support guys.

Brad
T.H.
Twisted Realm is online now Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:43 AM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,255 Posts
Is there any possibility we can get them without graphics?
Buzz_Man is online now Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:16 AM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,245 Posts
email me Buzz Man, we can do that for you.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 25, 2011, 06:39 PM
USA, ME, Caribou
Joined Nov 2006
181 Posts
That new "Shredder" scheme in blue would be killer with the blue and white lights for night flying.... wipe the drool from my mouth... LOL
maineflyer1 is offline Find More Posts by maineflyer1
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:19 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Is this the uk version? http://www.parkaero.com/telink-edge-...ays-1138-p.asp looks very similar minus the sfg's and doesn't the edge have a straight leading edge? not that it would bother me, looks pretty sweet to me. Looking forward to following this, then it's decision time, go for this or wait for the bipe.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:36 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineflyer1 View Post
That new "Shredder" scheme in blue would be killer with the blue and white lights for night flying.... wipe the drool from my mouth... LOL
Yes! The Shredder scheme - in any color - would be phenomenally ultra-cool!
Buzz_Man is online now Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:47 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Is this the uk version? http://www.parkaero.com/telink-edge-...ays-1138-p.asp looks very similar minus the sfg's and doesn't the edge have a straight leading edge? not that it would bother me, looks pretty sweet to me. Looking forward to following this, then it's decision time, go for this or wait for the bipe.
Yes very similar but different We worked with Telink to come up with two different airframes. We will get the Edge's after the Extra Slicks.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:55 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
mmm be interested in seeing the differences in them when people have them in their hands. Are the Extra Slicks exclusive to you or are you planning selling them in the uk thru parkaero?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:00 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,245 Posts
Mark is awesome and I've already spoke with him about carrying them for the customers that want them. Not sure if he has them coming in his first run or not though.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:02 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,245 Posts
I'm opening up pre-orders for the next few hours on the Extra Slick.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:04 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Thanks Brad. Looks like you've just made the decisions even harder
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:12 PM
Western North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
142 Posts
Do you plan on attending the electric Joe Nall in late September and if so will you have a booth with kits of all your planes avaliable?
George
Staggerwing1 is offline Find More Posts by Staggerwing1
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:16 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerwing1 View Post
Do you plan on attending the electric Joe Nall in late September and if so will you have a booth with kits of all your planes avaliable?
George
We went to SEFF but didn't get to make Nall this year. I have a feeling we will be at Nall for sure in 2012.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:30 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,966 Posts
OK...so what the latest on this creation...where's the video??? ETA ....ETC??
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat