Closed Thread
Old Jul 24, 2011, 01:37 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Discussion
issue resolved

so i bought a plane on here recently and it showed up with a damaged esc.
i took pictures and sent them to the seller, who tells me it could not have been damaged during shipping. but it obviously was since it didn't work right after i tested it immediately after opening the package.

i even took the pictures within 10 minutes of opening the package and let them know of the damage.

they are denying that it could have been damaged and that it worked perfectly when shipped.

we went back and forth a few times but it wasn't going anywhere, so i plan on doing a claim with paypal and providing them negative feedback if they cannot replace the damaged esc. they took this as a threat that i'm trying to squeeze money out of them and told me they will provide negative feedback to me if i provide it to them.

is that right? i've been a very good buyer/seller on here and have a good feedback record thus far. how do i avoid this type of ultimatum?

attached is a pic of the 'perfectly working' esc.

i do plan on doing my claim on paypal, but what are your thoughts about feedback threat?
KurTecH is online now Find More Posts by KurTecH
Last edited by KurTecH; Jul 25, 2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: issue resolved, thanks for all the feedback
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:06 PM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
474 Posts
Trader Rating: 140
that is some ugly wiring with the black tape on it and awful big solder blobs on the pc board.do the right think and leave the feedback.your job as buyer was done when it was paid for.most people on here will realize that.plus you can report it to the mods and see if they will remove it.
sagomon is offline Find More Posts by sagomon
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:08 PM
Let slip the dogs of war!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,726 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Good luck with PayPal - I know they cover items not shipped, but not so sure for something like this, unless the transaction was on eBay.

As far as the feedback issue, until recently, RCG did not allow retaliatory feedback, but now I'm not too sure, so good luck with that also.
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:09 PM
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
yeah it is in pretty bad shape and looks to have been repaired many times.
the heatsink does not even fit over the esc and was just floating around inside the plane. what's the process of contacting the mods once they give me negative feedback? i've never had to do this before...
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:27 PM
I like them a bit tail heavy
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,440 Posts
Trader Rating: 146
Post the thread where you bought that POS so everyone can see it........Did the seller actually show a picture of that esc?

That looks like some Sanford and Son kind of stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurTecH View Post
so i bought a plane on here recently and it showed up with a damaged esc.
i took pictures and sent them to the seller, who tells me it could not have been damaged during shipping. but it obviously was since it didn't work right after i tested it immediately after opening the package.

i even took the pictures within 10 minutes of opening the package and let them know of the damage.

they are denying that it could have been damaged and that it worked perfectly when shipped.

we went back and forth a few times but it wasn't going anywhere, so i plan on doing a claim with paypal and providing them negative feedback if they cannot replace the damaged esc. they took this as a threat that i'm trying to squeeze money out of them and told me they will provide negative feedback to me if i provide it to them.

is that right? i've been a very good buyer/seller on here and have a good feedback record thus far. how do i avoid this type of ultimatum?

attached is a pic of the 'perfectly working' esc.

i do plan on doing my claim on paypal, but what are your thoughts about feedback threat?
tdab is offline Find More Posts by tdab
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:34 PM
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
no, no pictures of this chaos were provided. the item was described as ready to fly with some exterrior scuffs and such, which i was fine with since i bought it for just the electronics. here's the link:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472960
they show a picture of some of the electronics, which looked good, which is why i trusted the other stuff would work too. but sadly it doesn't.
i would have had no problems had the seller agreed to take the entire plane back or even replace the esc with a working used one, but they got upset stating that i'm trying to squeeze money out of them. if anything, i'm the one that got squeezed on this deal...
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:42 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 111
It's up to the seller to
a) replace the ESC
b) file a claim with the shipping company if he bought insurance
c) allow you to return the product and get a full refund
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:45 PM
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
that is almost exactly how i explained it.
however the box it was shipped in showed no damage at all.
it was due to the heatsink being loose and banging up the electronics that i think caused this damage.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 03:14 PM
Let slip the dogs of war!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,726 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurTecH View Post
that is almost exactly how i explained it.
however the box it was shipped in showed no damage at all.
it was due to the heatsink being loose and banging up the electronics that i think caused this damage.
That ESC is amateurishly "repaired" if not just plain fried. I find it suspicious that he mentions "electronics", but does not show the ESC in any photos.
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Jul 24, 2011, 03:53 PM
Suspended Account
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
303 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
This is most certainly an unscrupulous seller. Expose them even if they retaliate with a negative. Sellers who give people the shaft will develop a trend of negative feedbacks and I personally feel it is the right thing to to do, to bring it before others so they can decide for themselves. You are doing your community of hobbyists the right thing..by warning them
I have numerous negatives on RCU and they are retaliatory feedbacks from crooked sellers who I have exposed having been buying and selling since the day the site began. I don't care what they say in retaliation, the facts stand for themselves when you have the evidence to back it up like you have.
TheEdge is offline Find More Posts by TheEdge
Old Jul 24, 2011, 04:28 PM
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
alright, i left the appropriate feedback. let's see how long before the retaliatory negative is sent back my way.

thanks for the feedback guys.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 04:52 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,655 Posts
Trader Rating: 176
You got a Mess ....That ESC was intentionally left out of the Photos...Don't be affraid to leave the Negative....I'd also leave additional comments in the Feed back box....Don't be affraid of his BS Tactics...Your Picture says it all...Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jul 24, 2011, 05:49 PM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
KurTecH, I just want to say Thank You!!! for outing this Seller

I am sorry that you have to go through something like this with a seller like that. I am however grateful to know what this seller is like, and that I Never want to buy anything from him.
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Jul 24, 2011, 05:50 PM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Wow, that looks terrible! I can't get over how bad that black tape is, is it that difficult to use some shrink tubing!?

I'd take off those solder blobs too ... yech!

Good luck my friend!
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Old Jul 24, 2011, 05:52 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Trader Rating: 177
KurTech...I would link the feedback to THIS thread rather than the original purchase thread. That way anyone interested in the reason for the negative feedback will be able to get the whole story, complete with pictures.

That is a REALLY jacked-up ESC...
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Closed Thread