HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Scott Seaman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:53 PM
United States, FL, Palm Bay
Joined Oct 2007
113 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
For Sale
sig something extra electric from kit

Flying only helis now. This plane was meticuously built from a kit. No CA except for ca hinges! Built on magnetic jig. Plane has been stored for last almost 2 1/2 years. Axi 4120 motor, phoenix 60 esc, spektrum 6200 RX, ultimate 6volt bec, hitec 5475 digitals. Plane flies fabulous and is in brand new condition and never crashed or even so much as an oops. I am in melbourne, Palm Bay Florida area. 350.00 dollars some what negotiable. No batteies included(requires 4cell 3700 to 5000mah). PM me or my phone is 321-768-8123. please leave message if no answer! I must sell this fast though i really do not wish to. Truly bind and fly and will share my programing (9303 etc)
Scott Seaman is online now Find More Posts by Scott Seaman
Last edited by Scott Seaman; Jul 24, 2011 at 01:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
OH, my, that's is a beauty!
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:01 PM
Joined Sep 2010
10 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Scott,
It got my attention, nice bird. Tell me more about the magnetic jig, you saying it can come apart and be shipped?
Paul
TooTallPaul is offline Find More Posts by TooTallPaul
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:20 PM
Joined Oct 2007
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTallPaul View Post
Scott,
It got my attention, nice bird. Tell me more about the magnetic jig, you saying it can come apart and be shipped?
Paul
Yes plug in wings etc etc. The jig was ( I still have and use it when needed) great planes but I mounted 4 magnets per rib this plane is so straight it requires absolutey 0 trim. Also fuse assembly totaly locked to center line and water marks!I have even used the flaperons to get this thing to a maybe 2 mph stall. Ido not use them for normal flying because it is just not needed. This plane will come in at a nice steady pace and just bleed down any air speed to a touch down and run out of about 10 feet. But here is the real clincher. It will do just about any 3d manuever but it is not a fragile look at it break it kind of plane, It is actualy an everyday flier but I am heli struck. No I really dont WANT TO SELL it but I am a heli idiot at the moment. I can ship as yes plug in wings but the main landing gear will have to come off due to box size resrictions. I am kinda hoping someone local can realize what a deal this is!

PS this aircraft knife edges and flat spins better than any high speed pattern plane I have ever flown and I have been doing the pattern thing since the age of 16, I am now 51! Just a pure pleasure to fly and not high speed!!
Last edited by Scott Seaman; Jul 24, 2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:50 PM
Panama City, Florida
Joined Dec 2009
54 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Nice plane, are the wings held together with rubber bands or some type of turn buckle?
The reason I am asking is mine tend to break the rubber bands at the worst possible moment. So I am looking for a better solution, possibly little turn buckle.
tpopweb is offline Find More Posts by tpopweb
Old Jul 24, 2011, 08:00 PM
Joined Oct 2007
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpopweb View Post
Nice plane, are the wings held together with rubber bands or some type of turn buckle?
The reason I am asking is mine tend to break the rubber bands at the worst possible moment. So I am looking for a better solution, possibly little turn buckle.
I actually do have a turn buckle sized and used but it is a pain in the arse to install at home or in the field! I have settled on a nylon wire tie but with STAINLESS STEAL LOCK and a rubber band wraped around (useless) for safety. This fit in the trunk of my toyota without dissassembly so I never transported with it disassembled But the wire ties with stainless lock are included and trust me you will destroy the wing in over G flying before the tie gives away!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 08:05 PM
Joined Sep 2010
10 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Scott,
Seriously considering but as you might understand, I purchased a crap load of planes and equipment this month already so I must beg to the wife. You have the dimensions on hand?
Paul
TooTallPaul is offline Find More Posts by TooTallPaul
Old Jul 24, 2011, 08:24 PM
Joined Oct 2007
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTallPaul View Post
Scott,
Seriously considering but as you might understand, I purchased a crap load of planes and equipment this month already so I must beg to the wife. You have the dimensions on hand?
Paul
Wing span is 50 1/2 fuse as modified for electric from spinner to the very arse end is 49 give or take a hair HA! balance point is on the main spar and another plus is that this plane does not seem to be sensitive to cg changes within a inch. Last flown with 5000 mah balnced on the main spar. 20 PLUS minutes mixed flying and still capable of any maneuver. Want tail slides and a snappier feel just install around 4000 mah or so!

PS canopy and hatch are not film covered but glassed and painted as this is the big on off part. YEP perfect color match!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 09:29 PM
Panama City, Florida
Joined Dec 2009
54 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Yep, I tried the nylon screw and it was a pain. I ended up just using a zip tie also without a lock. Not practical but it worked.
tpopweb is offline Find More Posts by tpopweb
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:06 PM
Joined Oct 2007
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpopweb View Post
Yep, I tried the nylon screw and it was a pain. I ended up just using a zip tie also without a lock. Not practical but it worked.
The cable ties I use have a stainless steel lock built into them. As far as pratical it is easier than looping a rubber band around 3times and way easier than trying to thread in nylon bolts to the wing root fromt the fuselage and the turnbuckle is just a freakin pain period! It takes all of 5 seconds to put the tie on and ya you cut it off to remove the wings which I never have but a bag of 100 ties is only like 3 bucks with stainless locks!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 09:38 PM
Joined Oct 2007
113 Posts
Oh yes forgot to mention that all hinge gaps on all surfaces are sealed both top and bottom and as far as the rudder left and right! Seriously people you cant get a kit and all the covering that is on this much less get an arf that is built to this standard. If you are worried that it is not the latest and greatest 3d monger if you flew it you would be glad!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 02:49 PM
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Joined Nov 2009
61 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
This beauty deserves a caring home. If you are willing to pack and ship it international (will pay costs), I will take it.
rcbliss is offline Find More Posts by rcbliss
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:36 PM
Joined Oct 2007
113 Posts
sorry about late responces, my dear dad went in for what was a basic heart check and now is admitted for heart valve replacement. Just give me a bit and I will touch base with everyone!
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined Oct 2007
113 Posts
Dad made it thru the heart surgery ok so I am available to respond again. I just accidentaly erased some messages on my board and apologize! This beautifull plane is still available everyone. No one in central florida??
Old Aug 02, 2011, 11:55 AM
Joined Oct 2007
113 Posts
If your interested make an offer. If you saw this in person you would fall in love with it. It is an every day flier. Not fragile and not heavy either. I need to sell this asap. local would be nice. Again I live in palm bay/ melbourne florida area. 321-768-8123