HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:23 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,766 Posts
dont know as i never have owned a extra300 3D. but off hand i wuold say yes. i have used these in a few planes, and they are pretty good for there size. power seems to be about the AS2000L range, perhaps just below it or just above it on the inner holes. (force is torque/distance, so there some play to it.)
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:58 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,436 Posts
When I measured them I found it produces about 135g force on the inner arm hole. This was on a Hyperion 240mAh 1S from memory. I didn't record the actual voltage though. This is quite a bit more than the linear servos do which is around 80g. Travel is less however.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull View Post
dont know as i never have owned a extra300 3D. but off hand i wuold say yes. i have used these in a few planes, and they are pretty good for there size. power seems to be about the AS2000L range, perhaps just below it or just above it on the inner holes. (force is torque/distance, so there some play to it.)
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:04 PM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
667 Posts
I can stop the inlines from operating just by gentle finger pressure on the servo arm. I can not stop the 5320's with one finger. If held by two I can rotate the airplane around the servo horn. It seems like the 5320 has a lot more grunt to me.
JCS
miatamama is offline Find More Posts by miatamama
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:13 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,436 Posts
I should have said the 80g is Spektrum's quoted figure. Some of the clone linears seem a lot weaker to me. That is when they don't actually burn out when stalled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamama View Post
I can stop the inlines from operating just by gentle finger pressure on the servo arm. I can not stop the 5320's with one finger. If held by two I can rotate the airplane around the servo horn. It seems like the 5320 has a lot more grunt to me.
JCS
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:23 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,766 Posts
they are a little heaver than the spektrum, but the ultra quiet is worth the extra weight. i can not stand the near constant moving, and the lag screw is SO nosiy, drives me batty.

tho i do like the noise of a 6mm gear box rattle. sounds more like a mini engine.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:01 PM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
667 Posts
You can also get 3d throws with the tiny servo arms on the 5320 and all 7 of mine weigh 1.9 grams. Use one for ailerons and save over a gram with 2- inlines.
JCS
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:20 PM
Ego varius quis.
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
1,923 Posts
Does anyone have any thoughts on using these on 5v? Maybe a series diode for each servo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamama View Post
You can also get 3d throws with the tiny servo arms on the 5320 and all 7 of mine weigh 1.9 grams. Use one for ailerons and save over a gram with 2- inlines.
JCS
Any chance you could do some force measurements?
Cheesehead is offline Find More Posts by Cheesehead
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:00 PM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
667 Posts
I dont know if this will help. Igot 21g on the 50 gram gauge and 21g on the 100 gram guage. I will try one of the inlines from the 4site if I still have one working.
This reading was with 160nano charged several days ago. It was at the z bend in the outermost hole in the aileron arm that comes with the 5320. Up and down gave same reading and ailerons were also working at the same time.

JCS

As I was rereading this I probably am shorting the pull of these servos. I got the reading at the end of the movement not at a servo stalling point. I will have to devise a stand where I can load the guage at 21g and go from there.
Last edited by miatamama; Dec 31, 2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: add info
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:20 PM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
667 Posts
Retested and got 84grams before stalling servo.

JCS
Old Dec 31, 2011, 04:13 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,766 Posts
i suppose you could 'tweak' them and install lower Z motors.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:22 PM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts on using these on 5v? Maybe a series diode for each servo?

Any chance you could do some force measurements?
I have a video on our youtube channel doing tests over the 1s rating. You might consider watching it before doing any mods.

Bert
DynamicFoamy is offline Find More Posts by DynamicFoamy
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Customer Support Forum
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:10 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,436 Posts
Bert, nice little test video! Thanks.

You gotta love these little $4 marvels. Overvoltage, overloaded, melted in action and they still keep working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicFoamy View Post
I have a video on our youtube channel doing tests over the 1s rating. You might consider watching it before doing any mods.

Bert
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:12 PM
Ego varius quis.
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicFoamy View Post

Bert
I'm curious - did you check the voltage on the battery? Quite a lot of NiMH packs can be up to 1.4v fresh off the charger.

I might just try a few voltage-dropping diodes to reduce the voltage to a (regulated) 4.4v.
Cheesehead is offline Find More Posts by Cheesehead
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:15 PM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
I'm curious - did you check the voltage on the battery? Quite a lot of NiMH packs can be up to 1.4v fresh off the charger.

I might just try a few voltage-dropping diodes to reduce the voltage to a (regulated) 4.4v.
The servo driver is @5.45v on the servo side and the 6110e is @5.01v on the servo side. What do you think the diodes would would add in grams?
DynamicFoamy is offline Find More Posts by DynamicFoamy
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Customer Support Forum
Old Jan 02, 2012, 03:06 PM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
667 Posts
I have 2o flights on 2 different planes using hk 415 rec and turnigy 6 esc without diodes, using Hyperion 180 2 cells. after normal 3d flight servos are not even warm.

I am going to standardise on 415,s and 5320 servos. The only drawback is you need a 1 cell esc and i havent received mine yet to see how well the 415 works on 1 cell. I tried with 2cell eflyte esc and thought motor was going to explode, thats when i knew I needed 1 cell esc's.

JCS