Dleep
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Joined Oct 2006
246 Posts
Help!
looking for CNC waterjet source

Ya, I know, Isn't every body!
I've got a pretty nice plane. But I'm building them by hand. About 20 hours
per plane. Would like to waterjet the EPP so I can screen print the graphics.
Can anyone help?
Would like to work with someone close to NE Indiana or NW Ohio. but location
is not a deal breaker.
My Blog http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=117036
Dleep
dleep is offline Find More Posts by dleep
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:11 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Apr 2006
273 Posts
Have you considered having them cut on a Phlatprinter or a laser? Heck, since your selling the kits, I would invest the $1200 for a phlatprinter and make the kits yourself. Those planes on your blog would take a phlatprinter 5 minutes to cut. I would think waterjet would be a bit tough on EPP.
dhc8guru is offline Find More Posts by dhc8guru
Last edited by dhc8guru; Jul 21, 2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2005
1,328 Posts
I cant say about where you live but I know of a shop near me called Creative Cutting. I actually learned about this guy from a google search. You may want to try a quick search online and see what you may find.

Its unlikely to get a laser shop to cut foam for you. I have a laser shop down in Fresno I deal with but they will not cut foam or plastic because of the fumes. the shop has to be equipped with an evac system for that type of work. Since most are set up for metal cutting, they dont need the evac system and may not be willing to do it.

Keep in mind that these shops charge based on how long it takes their machine to run the cut of your parts.

Big thing about water jet cutting too is that it spreads out. so the cut at the side away from the cutting head is wider.
OutcastZeroOne is offline Find More Posts by OutcastZeroOne
Last edited by OutcastZeroOne; Jul 22, 2011 at 12:19 AM.
Closed Thread