HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:56 AM
Joined Mar 2011
22 Posts
Discussion
4 channel tx can work with 6 channel planes?

Looking to get one of any number of micro 3D planes. Was hoping that perhaps I could use one of my existing transmitters. I KNOW eventually ill end up getting the dx6i but for NOW, living far from any decent hobby store, im trying to stretch my RC bucks a bit.

possible to fly this with the MSR or Hawksky transmitters??
gang please forgive my ignorance but is it possible to control these planes with either the stock TX for the BLADE MSR or mcx2 Helis OR with the 2.4 ghz 4 channel DYNAM Tx that comes with the HAWKSKY powered glider??

I mean, if I can fly the glider with independent control of rudder, aelierons and elevator and throttle with the DYNAM TX why couldnt I bind that 2.4 gh to one of these little 3D planes?

IF NOT, are there any other microlite planes capable of moderate 3d that could be flown with those TX?? Way down here in Mexicoland there aint much for shops or even fellow fliers so having to learn all this the HARD way...surfing forums is eating ALOT of my free time.
thanx for any help.
chirojoseph@yahoo.com
chirojoseph is offline Find More Posts by chirojoseph
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:06 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,755 Posts
Hi there,

2.4gig setups usually only bind to their own makes. I use Spektrum so that I'm able to expand my BNF Fleet.

I'm not sure which micro planes are 6ch, most seem to be 4ch - even my Mosquito Twin... The BNF website shows which Tx is needed for what model because some of the faster more agile planes like the (non micro) Extra 300s and P51s would need faster computing power.

The stock mSR controller should be fine for most, if not all micros, but just do a quick check to make sure!
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:51 PM
Joined Mar 2011
22 Posts
thanx silent pilot!! so is THIS the page?

you are speaking of>>>...?? regarding the BNF technology of Horizon hobby?

http://rcvehicles.about.com/gi/o.htm...gy/Compatible/

CAN ANYONE COMMENT on if the standard stock TX for MCPX or MSR could be used with the Sukhoi..or the 4Site..or the Extra 300??

looks to be the same battery...which would be great so i could just buy like a 10 pack for my helis and planes..

So, is the DYNAM 2.4 TX totally incompatible with the Spectrum Rx??

thanx again for NewbHelping!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:12 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,755 Posts
I couldnt get that link to open

Take a look at www.bindnfly.com that should answer all your questions!
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:50 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirojoseph View Post
you are speaking of>>>...?? regarding the BNF technology of Horizon hobby?

http://rcvehicles.about.com/gi/o.htm...gy/Compatible/

CAN ANYONE COMMENT on if the standard stock TX for MCPX or MSR could be used with the Sukhoi..or the 4Site..or the Extra 300??

looks to be the same battery...which would be great so i could just buy like a 10 pack for my helis and planes..

So, is the DYNAM 2.4 TX totally incompatible with the Spectrum Rx??

thanx again for NewbHelping!
I can comment. It sucks to try to fly a Sukhoi, 4 site or extra 300 with a RTF TX.

All three of these planes need Expo to fly easily and the RTF radio doesn't have expo... and forget trying to fly 3D with the low res RTF TX.

Only Spektrum or JR DSM2 2.4 TX's are compatible with these three planes, though you can buy Spektrum modules for other MFG radios, like Futaba (but these would be more expensive than a DX6i)

The 300 is a great plane, but I wouldn't fly it with anything less than a computer radio.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:16 PM
Joined Mar 2011
22 Posts
thanx bro...well, according to that my liittle heli transmitter is about worthless for anything except helis

and the DYNAM transmitter wont work either I suppose...but its hard to tell as they are only talking about their spektrum..horizon hobby models...so would that mean that NONE of the other main companies would bind with the DYNAM transmittter that came with my hawksky?? who knows..

thanx again for the link
Old Jul 21, 2011, 05:49 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirojoseph View Post
so would that mean that NONE of the other main companies would bind with the DYNAM transmittter that came with my hawksky?? who knows..

thanx again for the link

Correct. None of the major RC mfg's 2.4g radios will bind with that TX and especially not Spektrum.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN