HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2011, 05:53 PM
Joined Jul 2011
121 Posts
It was fun as long as I was on the track. Bad setup plus being inpatient is a bad combination. Getting some great advice from a Expert (u know who u r). I should be a whole lot better next race.
Exavior1221 is offline Find More Posts by Exavior1221
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2011, 10:55 PM
Joined Jun 2011
163 Posts
Glad to see you are finally going to listen X, you gotta have patience with these even more so than cars.
Mantisworx is offline Find More Posts by Mantisworx
Old Aug 02, 2011, 05:51 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Oh these are all about patience and learning. Once you understand how they work its like the velvet ropes part, angels sing and champagne pours down from the heavens and your rewarded with a great sense of clarity. You have to read the track way ahead and know what your going to do before you get there, way more than cars. Use your peripheral vision more and broaden your focus to see ahead. If the bike works as its supposed to then the discipline of driving ahead in your mind will shave time off of your lap times. Thats the zone.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Aug 02, 2011, 06:23 PM
Joined Jun 2011
163 Posts
So Ummmmm Chris, when are you guys gonna make an appearance down here? looks like we may be the only actual bike races going on anywhere except Cali!
Old Aug 02, 2011, 06:41 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
When it cools off since your hoggin up all the heat! One of your coaches just died from the heat! So when you let the rest of the earth have some warmth back I might consider it! LOL
Old Aug 02, 2011, 07:07 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Yes sir it is hot hot hot here. Today was nasty. The Harley Warehouse I work in had to be 120 or so. But the Bikes still have to be built!! It would be awesome for some Venom guys to come to a race though. That would be a treat.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Aug 02, 2011, 07:57 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Oh man I can imagine, stay hidrated for sure! I'd love to visit and race there you have a nice track to run on.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:27 AM
Joined Jul 2011
121 Posts
That would b kool having u venom guys here to race. I imagine this getting big in texas. I hope and pray it does!
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:22 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN MASTER Chris Nicastro View Post
Oh these are all about patience and learning. Once you understand how they work its like the velvet ropes part, angels sing and champagne pours down from the heavens and your rewarded with a great sense of clarity.
D@mn I want that feeling, it sounds amazing, especially when the champaigne pours down! I dream of the day my vmx and I will attain that clarity. Keep dropping the knowledge zen master.

On topic...congrats on the bike racing guys, and nice video.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:20 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
LOL...well its hard to explain but there is a sense of seeing ahead and knowing what you want the bike to do before you get there. Right now if your focussed intently on just the bike then your driving behind it not ahead of it.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:20 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
LOL...well its hard to explain but there is a sense of seeing ahead and knowing what you want the bike to do before you get there. Right now if your focussed intently on just the bike then your driving behind it not ahead of it.
This is very true, i see myself looking all over the track during the race at the corner workers more then the bikes. If they are getting up i know that section of the track has hazards. Just like 1:1 i have braking points mapped out on the track,( fence posts, yellow boards, white lines etc.) Everytime i run my bike i learn more and more about its abilities and my driving style. My line changes almost everytime i drive. I have yet to find the best action at mikes as for the flow of my driving style. Once i get my sb5 built i think i will be able to come up with a better line.

Back in the day racing full scale i always tried to follow the motards around instead of following the liter bikes. On the straight i have no problem catching them, but the infield if i could hang with the fast motard guys i knew i was doing very well. I cant count the number of times i went off the track trying to use their braking points. Never really crashed, but def had my fair share of dirt in my zx6r.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 04:53 PM
Joined Jun 2011
163 Posts
Clay pocket bikes dont count ! LOL
Old Aug 04, 2011, 05:02 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisworx View Post
Clay pocket bikes dont count ! LOL
Hey, they race those out their too. Its a hoot watching a 250 pound guy on a 175 pound 50cc dragging a knee. lol

HUGE Pocket Bike Race Pocketbike Racing ! (2 min 21 sec)
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:24 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Epic fail at the end...LMAO!!
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:05 AM
Joined Jul 2011
121 Posts
Got my SB5 yesterday and had to finish it the same day (couldn't resist and had to finger it). Will post picz later.