HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:49 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,081 Posts
Discussion
Super Decathlon flying great!

Well, I had to slightly adjust my thrust angle after putting in the 1400Kv motor. I have been flying intermittently due to adverse weather. I recently added new tires to the plane, and these look and work very well.

However, during some weekend rolloff runs on TO with this plane, the yaw to the left was VERY significant. [I usually hand launch on the grassy field I fly at]

I used two thin ~0.4mm washers used often in landing gear as bearing shims to space the motor mount from the firewall on one side. Two went on the port (left) side of the firewall to adjust the angle slightly more starboard (right) and slightly up.

I flew the plane twice yesterday, and it tracks better in loops, and does not have the yaw/roll issue that seemed to be signficant [but not unmanageable]. I have yet to do an asphalt run with the new thrust setup, but it looks good so far.

SkyCadet.
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying with the WHAM group!
to remove ads between posts